cooperhawk

Town Based Supply

39 posts in this topic

My opinion on this is, I think brigades make the game what it is today, it's all about tactics and how well your command can move supply around and influence the war, Command in real life have had to organize their army's to support different areas depending on the situation, if the players want to influence the movements more they can opt to join the HC. The HC want the players to enjoy playing so they do everything they can to keep the battles interesting and flowing across the map.

I do agree softcapping should be prevented by having a small town supply in un-occupied towns so players can defend until a brigade is moved in, but not every town having town supply.

Watching the map for enemy brigades movements to see where the enemy are preparing to punch through your front line is the best way to determine where to attack or defend and see weak points. It'll make attacks possible from any location at any time with town based supply, hard to track.

Although I think this, CRS have done a good job of the game so far, so it won't stop me from playing, I'll still enjoy it, who knows it might turn out to be very interesting.

S!

My opinion on this is, I think brigades make the game what it is today, it's all about tactics and how well your command can move supply around and influence the war, Command in real life have had to organize their army's to support different areas depending on the situation, if the players want to influence the movements more they can opt to join the HC. The HC want the players to enjoy playing so they do everything they can to keep the battles interesting and flowing across the map.

I do agree softcapping should be prevented by having a small town supply in un-occupied towns so players can defend until a brigade is moved in, but not every town having town supply.

Watching the map for enemy brigades movements to see where the enemy are preparing to punch through your front line is the best way to determine where to attack or defend and see weak points. It'll make attacks possible from any location at any time with town based supply, hard to track.

Although I think this, CRS have done a good job of the game so far, so it won't stop me from playing, I'll still enjoy it, who knows it might turn out to be very interesting.

S!

I like the idea of every town having a fixed garrison supply. Soft caps are a ridiculous action killer in this game. No one really wants to roll empty towns. It's not why we play the game. Yet... as it stands now you are almost obligated to because everyone also wants to win the map. Imagine your side gets the opportunity right now for a break out and doesn't exploit it because soft caps are boring. The whining would be non stop. Especially if the campaign went south later.

Putting supply in all towns would allow for break outs but at a slower pace. In addition there would be action for the entire break out.

I like the idea of every town having a fixed garrison supply. Soft caps are a ridiculous action killer in this game. No one really wants to roll empty towns. It's not why we play the game. Yet... as it stands now you are almost obligated to because everyone also wants to win the map. Imagine your side gets the opportunity right now for a break out and doesn't exploit it because soft caps are boring. The whining would be non stop. Especially if the campaign went south later.

Putting supply in all towns would allow for break outs but at a slower pace. In addition there would be action for the entire break out.

That's true that no one wants to spend time attacking an empty town, but no one wants to spend time driving units from other towns to resupply either. It should be a mix of both brigades and town supply, using brigades to strengthen a town by perhaps 2 x supply. It would still allow for strategic play and it would prevent soft caps.

That's true that no one wants to spend time attacking an empty town, but no one wants to spend time driving units from other towns to resupply either. It should be a mix of both brigades and town supply, using brigades to strengthen a town by perhaps 2 x supply. It would still allow for strategic play and it would prevent soft caps.

I dunno, man. I seem to remember resupply runs being something a lot of people actually enjoyed doing. It also expands elements of the gaming giving air new targets and interdiction, gives the enemy essentially two targets to attack at once, meaning if supply keeps up, they can go around the sides\back and try and cut off the supply being brought forward.

Of course it might not play out like this, but I feel we're just trading one gameplay element, that honestly puts too much emphasis on too few people (Mess up a brigade placement or did the enemy move differently? Well there is half the map gone and a lot of angry players.) and instead putting the work load on players and individuals, letting HC do their whole leading thing rather than moving flags about.

I guess we'll see! :D

Edited by pikapawz

hmmmm... what is HAAC? and yeah, maybe militias and other like this would be cool add when there there is no army in town? i think every town should have some kind of supply even its not on the front line, and i would kinda like idea of attacking a town behind the frontline, but maybe not like from other side of map or so :D

the town with no army bricades, would be spawnable as random militia/civil with rifle and knife, or rifle and grenade. limited weaponry.

xoom was talking about something like "click the town on the map and boom, you are in the town" :D

Edited by tomppeli2k

I dunno, man. I seem to remember resupply runs being something a lot of people actually enjoyed doing. It also expands elements of the gaming giving air new targets and interdiction, gives the enemy essentially two targets to attack at once, meaning if supply keeps up, they can go around the sides\back and try and cut off the supply being brought forward.

Of course it might not play out like this, but I feel we're just trading one gameplay element, that honestly puts too much emphasis on too few people (Mess up a brigade placement or did the enemy move differently? Well there is half the map gone and a lot of angry players.) and instead putting the work load on players and individuals, letting HC do their whole leading thing rather than moving flags about.

Don't forget that it's possible to bring resupply missions back into the fold by limiting brigade stacking and/or by increasing the amount of time it takes for the new supply to trickle in after a move. If brigades can't be stacked, people will be forced to bring in resupply from other towns if they want fresh supply.

We don't have to eliminate TOEs to bring resupply missions back. In fact we still do resupply missions now, although with brigade moving it's MUCH easier to get it done since you don't even have to drive anywhere.

We don't have to eliminate TOEs to bring resupply missions back.

latest?cb=20080202231407

I don't trust in hybrid system either but let's see. Fortunetelly, ToEs as we speak is a dead horse.

Edited by matamor

Hard to say how it will pan out, I've always enjoyed the aspect of ToEs, there's always going to be people who prefer town supply and people who prefer ToEs though.

The only way it seems to make everyone happy is to keep ToEs on some level and also have town based supply along side, as you said a hybrid. Caters to everyone on some level that way.

Hard to say how it will pan out, I've always enjoyed the aspect of ToEs, there's always going to be people who prefer town supply and people who prefer ToEs though.

The only way it seems to make everyone happy is to keep ToEs on some level and also have town based supply along side, as you said a hybrid. Caters to everyone on some level that way.

Ghosty just did a

Coitus interruptus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coitus_interruptus

Edited by actonman

I did not enjoy it we did it because the other side would also do it.

Like I said in the last post I am not against a hybrid system, as long as it is done right.

Edited by Kempi

I for one am really excited for the new Town Based system and hope it opens up a broad front to play on without. Only reason I re subbed.