chyrenz

Another rant about Old Zeke!

45 posts in this topic

Zeke just said thats how he does it one button to position 2 drop the bomb and back to 1. All you have to learn then is the where to line up the tank on the sight and height, not saying i could learn it over night but give me a few months and i could if i had the desire.

Slightly more involved, not simply point and click

Speed/alt/angle, even amount of trim, all determine the where you need the target in the gun sight.

It would be nice if Axis bombs scratched the paint of Allied tanks...

If an allied bomb falls within 150m of you it doesnt matter if your a tank, AAA gun, atg, inf......YOU EXPLODE INSTANTLY.

FU

Thats not right....

Tigers and 4g's are usually simple to get, especially the Tiger, its so damn big...

Hardest is the 3H, 3F, Stug-B

And no it's not so easy to bomb tanks, requires a lot of practice, it is cool that you can stick around and try again if you miss, unlike the Axis bomber, why the Axis need the 88...

Oldzeke had no issues taking out my 3h a few weeks back. I was like wtf, despawned, saw who the killer was and realised straight away what happened.

Frankly the efficiency of the good DB7 pilots is quite incredible. I've been playing this game for some time and I tried, so when I see ke3p3er, rans, or OZ bombing, I'm quite impressed. The precision it takes to get a direct hit after a direct hit, with a plane that cannot release bombs in a steep dive, is just ... inhuman.

awwww, he mentioned rans. them is some fine company u keep there.

If an allied bomb falls within 150m of you it doesnt matter if your a tank, AAA gun, atg, inf......YOU EXPLODE INSTANTLY.

FU

Thats not right....

Its also not fact.

u wont get a squishy damage at 150m

He111 would actually be agreat bomber if CRS had followed through with one of their "Soon" promised from years back to fit AI gun-modules into all of the unmanned gun positions on bombers.

Meaning your He111 would have been a flying porcupine with it's five machine gun mounts all under that deadly-accurate AI control while you lined up your bombs just right.

DDs should have all AA guns manned by AI also, and Kapitan can take one over by moving into that position.

FU

Thats not right....

Ummm no. 1st off only the bomb dropper sees exactly where the bomb hits. 3rd person is approximated.

All medium and heavy tanks you have to get a direct hit or no joy, leave a scorch mark on the ground = you missed. This is with all sides bombs.

And, hardest axis tank for me to kill with bomber is the 3F. No idea why.

Ummm no. 1st off only the bomb dropper sees exactly where the bomb hits. 3rd person is approximated.

Whatever happened to PPO bombs, anyway?

Soon™?

Soon™?

No idea. Would remove a lot of misperceptions if everyone saw bomb drops accurately.

Soon™?

This was to come with an ordnance server which never happened.

As to my accuracy.... My eyes aren't so good anymore. Glaucoma plus having both retinas torn are causing me probs. If I see a target then yea pretty good chance I'll hit it eventually, may just miss with all 8 and have to rearm and try again. Rarely do I get 2 tanks in a sortie. The run in the OP was very rare indeed :)

I also had a heart attack about 2 months back, that's had me slowed down a bit too but I'm starting to come back from it.

I knew an OldZeke once....

Salute!

GonzoWCS

This was to come with an ordnance server which never happened.

Ahh.. yes.. the old ballistics-server.

Would've made artillery possible, too and prevented larger caliber shells from simply vanishing after 3km or so.

Sadly, it never happened.

S.

FU

Thats not right....

lololololololol

Exaggerate much? :rolleyes:

Frankly the efficiency of the good DB7 pilots is quite incredible. I've been playing this game for some time and I tried, so when I see ke3p3er, rans, or OZ bombing, I'm quite impressed. The precision it takes to get a direct hit after a direct hit, with a plane that cannot release bombs in a steep dive, is just ... inhuman.

ke3p3er was the best ive seen... he has some youtube videos up showing his technique... similar to zeke's but not exact

zeke, the up down on the joystick button on top? might have to try that... im using buttons on the base of the stick

ke3p3er was the best ive seen... he has some youtube videos up showing his technique... similar to zeke's but not exact

zeke, the up down on the joystick button on top? might have to try that... im using buttons on the base of the stick

Just 2 buttons close so you can easily create muscle memory

I know this might be a bit of a bad example, but armed with my "glide-/dive-bomb"-abilities from WW2ONL and other older sims, I have yet to deliver a bomb on target in either the Stuka or the 109 Jabo in "Battle of Stalingrad" - whose physics seem quite a bit more advanced than what we have.

S.

That's strange, I haven't had trouble with getting bombs on target with either of those planes in BoS. I think I go around (guesstimate) 20-30, maybe even steeper, degree dive angle and release as soon as the target goes under the nose.

Changes a little bit with dive speed, but I haven't missed yet with that approach.

Stuka with those cannons would be one hell of a nasty surprise for this game.

Just 2 buttons close so you can easily create muscle memory

never thought of using the goto position 2 and bomb with the same button

the way kep3er did it was going to number two and dropping while watching the et from number 2... after the drop going back to one and flying off. when you are dropping from number 1, how do you know when to drop?

never thought of using the goto position 2 and bomb with the same button

the way kep3er did it was going to number two and dropping while watching the et from number 2... after the drop going back to one and flying off. when you are dropping from number 1, how do you know when to drop?

Use the gunsight same as shallow angle bombing with a stuka or 110. Shallower the angle off 90* farther down in the gunsight you want the target.

At near max angle use the bottom of the sight ring.

Now if you come in from high/very fast that same angle, you have to bring the target higher/nearer center of the gunsight due to higher speed.

And then with all that you just have to learn when the picture "looks" right as to distance from target for the drop.

It still aint point and click, takes lots of practice.

yYdMs_hXioE