CHIMM

Trying to understand

25 posts in this topic

Fact - there are players on both sides that use exploits of the game, whether we like it or not.

Fact - usually the losing side complains more than the winning side (might be wrong, just my observation historically), and quite possibly the motive for this rant.

I don't understand the logic of cheating.

TZ3 - 6/24/2016 around 03:40 (server time)

- Axis over-popped and attacking Givet. They acquired spawn cp, and spawning in mass. I was running to cap spawn cp and saw pack roll out. As I approached he saw me coming. He turned, and pushed his pack through the foundation of a small-raised building. I (.reported) it, but doubt anyone on to check it at the time. I would like to say he was de-spawning, but he proceeded to shoot at our tank through the foundation of the building.

- Several ei were clipping in berms, and buildings near AB bunker. To me, it was blatantly obvious.

I’ve been an active player for a long time and understand that the player (my) POV maybe different than what is actually happening, I don’t believe this was the case. We all see it though... It's not just an Allied thing, nor an Axis thing.

So why cheat? Is it for stats… possibly k/d ratio… looking for an award/recognition… weren’t hugged enough as a kid? Cheating just ruins the game PERIOD!

Lack of integrity and respect for Battleground Europe and its PB is the point I was eluding to. Maybe I'm just an old fart that has morals.

Not to mention the consistent same person rolling a 232 and killing every FRU on the map ;)

LOL...yeah ALWAYS. I seem to spawn in and always hear that familiar sound.

Not to mention the consistent same person rolling a 232 and killing every FRU on the map ;)

I have to say that last campaign, I was playing with Chayne and we just had a DO go to no EWS. He was looking at the map and said, "If I were attacking the Axis, I'd hit *I forget the town*."

We went there, he was inf and I took a 232. I HATE the 232. I always roll them and get wiped out in them.

Pain in the butt it is...

Anyhoo, I roll west, and see ei. I stop to shoot him, get him and see an EFRU. I shoot it.

I roll up a little more and see another EFRU. I shoot it.

I turn with my cmdr out and spot another EFRU! I shoot it and see even ONE MORE EFRU so I roll in that direction and kill it.

I sat there blown away that I had A: lived so long without rolling over, and B: that I found that many frus to kill.

As I sat on the road, a freaking Beddy rolls right down the road hahaha. I send HE rounds into it and it burns up.

I could not believe how lucky I was, and another squaddie was on channel and said, "Be careful or someone will report you for cheating!"

My point is that people get lucky.

I got lucky there, and it's really not hard to spot EFRUS with a cmdr out in a 232.

It's also not hard to roll around in a DAC and one shot kill all manner of Panzers... even Stugs.

I've done it. I've gotten a DAC and killed four panzers with one shot each.

It's not cheating, it's being lucky and a good shot.

As for clipping... I know that it usually LOOKS like someone's clipping when they're not. I like to shoot through doorways and windows of destroyed buildings to hit ETs.

They can't spot you usually, and if you're lucky you can hit the kill spots.

i think MOBILE spawns should be removed like in old days.. that would really turn ww2 online to what it really is. btw, some may not like it because long distances but still.... i would do that. but yeah, it may be a bit risky :D

Lack of integrity and respect for Battleground Europe and its PB is the point I was eluding to. Maybe I'm just an old fart that has morals.

You just want it to be a fair game like most of us. some people just have to have it there way.

Fact - there are players on both sides that use exploits of the game, whether we like it or not.

Fact - usually the losing side complains more than the winning side (might be wrong, just my observation historically), and quite possibly the motive for this rant.

I don't understand the logic of cheating.

TZ3 - 6/24/2016 around 03:40 (server time)

- Axis over-popped and attacking Givet. They acquired spawn cp, and spawning in mass. I was running to cap spawn cp and saw pack roll out. As I approached he saw me coming. He turned, and pushed his pack through the foundation of a small-raised building. I (.reported) it, but doubt anyone on to check it at the time. I would like to say he was de-spawning, but he proceeded to shoot at our tank through the foundation of the building.

- Several ei were clipping in berms, and buildings near AB bunker. To me, it was blatantly obvious.

I’ve been an active player for a long time and understand that the player (my) POV maybe different than what is actually happening, I don’t believe this was the case. We all see it though... It's not just an Allied thing, nor an Axis thing.

So why cheat? Is it for stats… possibly k/d ratio… looking for an award/recognition… weren’t hugged enough as a kid? Cheating just ruins the game PERIOD!

You forgot to mention all the 2nd Acct spies. It happens WAY more than CRS is willing to admit.

I NEVER spawn Axis during a Campaign. I have a 2nd Acct, and it has NEVER spawned Axis.

It should be coded so ALL Accts owned by the same person can ONLY spawn on the the same side.

And the number of Hackers in this game is reaching epidemic numbers. :rolleyes:

Edited by lipton

You forgot to mention all the 2nd Acct spies. It happens WAY more than CRS is willing to admit.

I NEVER spawn Axis during a Campaign. I have a 2nd Acct, and it has NEVER spawned Axis.

It should be coded so ALL Accts owned by the same person can ONLY spawn on the the same side.

And the number of Hackers in this game is reaching epidemic numbers. :rolleyes:

Think this is what makes so many of us nervous about the steam release... think it's bad now.........

Hopefully that's addressed beforehand.

Hmmm... anyone remember the 4Chan people showing up?

People said they'd all hack and cheat and honestly, I don't think they did.

I don't see much evidence of actual cheating going on ingame.

Sure, sometimes a player is laggy or appears to be clipping, but there is a big difference between appearing to be clipping and actually clipping through to shoot someone through a wall.

15 years - I have only 5 Sorties as Axis. Must have been a long ass time ago. Die Hard Allied Player. Maybe one day I'll be convinced HC is no longer ego's and attitudes and join. It's a tough playerbase to have to contend and work with. Some of you guys, playerbase that is, are real asshats. :)

Hate the fact that people game a game, but understand that one cannot be responsible for random acts of others. Find another mission in a different town.

If there are black hat hacks, then there are white hat hacks. Simple.

I have turned fru hunting into an art form. Lukcy for you the 232 is easy to kill. On the down side, I've been killed so much my 232 skills have improved. If you hear "that" sound you better assume it's me or someone equally skilled and hunt us down. That is the role of the 232, scout and kill infantry. It is worthless in any other role. Be thankful that it's not a DAC or a Panhard.

Place FRU. Greentag spawns in, checks map, despawns. Enemy armored car spawns in a minute later and beelines straight to your FRU.

I've lost count of the number of times this has happened. It's pathetic, and freebie accounts have only made it worse.

It happens on both sides, been a ton of times Blitz Kader sets up a fru and WHAM pantard comes right to fru. The greatest weapon to killing frus is coms. Like Sudden and Vasduten said, teamwork gets the frus. You can ask any BK member and most AXIS players, I suck at killing, but I am brutal with coms and guiding my killing machines to hunt and destroy allied frus.

I will say 1-2% do cheat and they suck, never understood it and never will.

jr

It happens on both sides, been a ton of times Blitz Kader sets up a fru and WHAM pantard comes right to fru. The greatest weapon to killing frus is coms. Like Sudden and Vasduten said, teamwork gets the frus. You can ask any BK member and most AXIS players, I suck at killing, but I am brutal with coms and guiding my killing machines to hunt and destroy allied frus.

I will say 1-2% do cheat and they suck, never understood it and never will.

jr

This.

The spy thing happens less then people think, a good scout is an absolute threat, and map marks are lethal.

This.

The spy thing happens less then people think, a good scout is an absolute threat, and map marks are lethal.

That's the role I like to play most. Sniper/Scout. Too bad we don't get points for comms and map marking.

That's the role I like to play most. Sniper/Scout. Too bad we don't get points for comms and map marking.

who plays for points? lol

I would suggest that you are seeing this because netcode2 has been taken out. Edited by veubiah

This just happened in Launois - Signy cp Jun 26 17:00 CDT (server time)

Edited by OHM

lol you really dont understand

Edited by OHM

I think that's a latency issue? I've seen this many times over the years. He's not actually there and he's only showing as there for you? He died when someone else shot him on their screen and the server told your client that he had died.

Not because you shot\knifed him. Basically the server is telling you he's in the wrong place.

That or he's a cheating scumbag XD

Edited by OHM

Two other Allied was there a minute before me and was trying to kill him as I walked up. look how far cap timer is... he was only ei in cp. Cap timer stopped when he finally died

Two other Allied was there a minute before me and was trying to kill him as I walked up. look how far cap timer is... he was only ei in cp. Cap timer stopped when he finally died

Report it and get the name from your stats I guess! If it's legit, he'll get the kick soon enough. Like I said though, I have seen this before a handful of times over the years (Less than 10), it's rare mind.

Edited by pikapawz

Ohm asked to delete link, and submit to CRS. He made good point, ei would have engaged me instead of ignoring me.

Please report in game anything that might look like cheating via the .report system

We Do Not Talk openly about Cheats, Hacks or anything like this in the open.

Terms of Service Quote

8. Do not post threads about cheats, hacks or exploits. Do not post on this subject even if it is complaints, accusations, observations or commentary. In addition, do not post links to any site that contains either content of, or other links to, cheats, hacks or exploits.

If you want to report what you feel is a cheat, hack or exploit, email the report with as much evidence as possible to ohm@playnet.com.

All "hack" reports will be investigated by CRS as they arise. Those found active will be dealt with as fast as possible depending on the current development schedule. Accounts that are caught "hacking" in any way shape or form are locked immediately with no warning, questions, or recourse