• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
XOOM

1.36 chat, June 25th 2016

35 posts in this topic

its not possible to tie link status to PPOs? meaning, bypass the terrain object entirely and instead check for status to allow/disallow deployment of a new PPO?

just a thought ;-).

FBs placed by HC would be wonderful. I understand it's a long way away but it's still something to be excited about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming next, "Supersize," supply. :D you guys crack me up sometimes.

Wow... Just had a flash of someone rushing into a CP, SMG a-blazin', screaming over TS, without realizing it...

"Ya want fries with that?!?!"

:rolleyes:

-Irish

Forward Bases are terrain, we're not going to tinker with that stuff quite yet, we've got enough on the plate at the moment :). But in time when we start diving into the terrain, we'd be very interested in FB's being PPO's, and in this case High Command would be perfect for that. This is a long ways out and when we approach it, we may find we may not be able to do it however, so don't get too excited by this because it is a very unknown area for us yet.

Finding ways to make High Command more valuable in terms of game play is something I am very interested in discussing. I think the people who are in HC are good for the game and when we relieve the burden from their shoulders, they can start to cultivate better community relations.

I actually made a suggestion in this area in the suggestion forum. I'd be very interested in your thoughts on it.

nobody is asking anyone to spend their time driving stuff up from the rear all day. you could do this, but thats your choice.

remember; or maybe you don't remember -- back in the old days there was a different eb and flow to the fights. your squad showing up with a column of 20 tanks all at once many times did in fact seal the deal.

it sounds almost like you're expecting to require '3 brigades worth' of supply to take a town as is the case now where supply gets shuffled about until someone makes a mistake with the shuffle or you out attrit the other side and take the town.

in this new system, that sometimes will be the case - too - however if you time that tank column right all you may need is that additional 10-20 tanks all arriving in unison to take said town. 5 tanks all showing up at once could do it too.

also, working on an idea to make overstock never suck and be a real strategic element that it's never been before.

I'm not an armor guy, and I never get to play with a squad, even though technically I'm in one. I won't ever be in any tank column, no matter what.

I simply don't like the concept of this particular type of play/tactics. Have fun with it if you do.

its not possible to tie link status to PPOs? meaning, bypass the terrain object entirely and instead check for status to allow/disallow deployment of a new PPO?

just a thought ;-).

If you could see this code, you would go "O.M.G." It's no joke, crazy stuff sometimes. Thankfully we have a good set of wizards (ahem, programmers) who know their stuff and are cleaning things up.

oh i can imagine - i'm sure its all well commented too ... cause all programmers comment their work well right?

wait, no, thats all programmers ***** about the lack of comments and none of them practice what they preach :D

wow... Just had a flash of someone rushing into a cp, smg a-blazin', screaming over ts, without realizing it...

"ya want fries with that?!?!"

:rolleyes:

-irish

lol!!!!

Just a thought but how about links determining resupply rate for towns. E.g. if Brussels was Allied but Axis own all but 2 of the links, resupply would take longer, say 18 hours instead of 15. Or the opposite, if Brussels was Allied and they had all links but 1, the supply would be at or near the min say 15 hours.

Thank you for posting the recording.

I think most agree - a change is desperately needed. Personally, I whole heartedly agree with town based supply with supplemental/movable supply. This will keep the game interesting, and HC’s will retain a fraction of perks, responsibilities, and strategic gameplay instead of “just” placing AO’s. Greater incentive for new HC members.

HC’s/MOIC’s spend 70% - 90% of their gameplay looking at the map screen. I think potthead was on to something with slowing timers down a bit… several hours is a bit much, but possibly a consideration I hope?

Maybe extend the time an AO/DO can be made from/on just acquired towns by 30 minutes, and 45 minutes on supplemental supply move in (if supplemental supply idea is a possibility). Less pressure on the HC/MOIC to make spur of the moment mistakes, and pushes the player base to other objectives of map.

I don’t like 100% town supply idea.

Just my opinion