chokk

Unanswered question on Town Based Supply

26 posts in this topic

Full disclosure, I haven't completed the rat chat yet but I didn't see this brought up in the 45 min I have listened to...

Instances where a 1 AB town attacks a 2 AB town with one link, the 2AB town will always kick ass due to the supply disadvantage. It gets even more lopsided with 1 AB vs 3-4 AB towns and only one link by the attacking side.

How are you supposed to even hold a 1 AB town that's linked by a bigger town of the supply in a town is based on how many AB's it has?

This is just one of many holes I see off the top of my head.

For the record, town based supply is 100% the way to go. So I'm not bashing the idea just looking for clarification.

Nevermind. Literally 3 min more and I would have gotten my answer from the rat chat. Still makes no sense. If the town supply isn't based on number of AB's then it will be impossible to old a big town that has multiple links to it. Conversely if you give that town more supply it's impossible to defend neighboring towns.

You would have to have to give towns with more links into it more supply etc...but you are always going to have huge supply advantages and disadvantages all over the map regardless. Only way to do this is diybamoc supply based on multiple factors which is going to be a code nightmare.

Edited by chokk

Nevermind. Literally 3 min more and I would have gotten my answer from the rat chat. Still makes no sense. If the town supply isn't based on number of AB's then it will be impossible to old a big town that has multiple links to it. Conversely if you give that town more supply it's impossible to defend neighboring towns.

You would have to have to give towns with more links into it more supply etc...but you are always going to have huge supply advantages and disadvantages all over the map regardless. Only way to do this is diybamoc supply based on multiple factors which is going to be a code nightmare.

I think we need lists to match the AB's or Town size....Single AB towns get X amount of supply...Two AB towns get this amount of supply...and so on. Small, medium, large and supersize. If I'm correct the largest cities on the map contain 3 city AB's and an AF AB. Should we treat towns with docks as an AB?

I dunno but I personally think larger towns should be way harder to take, hold more supply and possibly even have the ability to hold more over stock.

If the team can create three sized lists can they make lets say 5? ....to help account for towns with multiple AB's and or AF's and Docks. And yes that code stuff is rocket science to my arse.

Good post Chokk

It will not be in accordance with each AB per se, as in the old way, where every single AB accounted for X amount of supply. Town supply will work as we have it now, where it is associated with a brigade, so my thought process was, if it's a bigger town, it will probably have more supply stationed there, wouldn't it?

Taking big towns shouldn't be a cake walk, it should take investment and hard work, real strategic choke points. The town supply will be flexible and we'll fine tune it in a way that works. Technically speaking if we really wanted to, we could have all the supply across the map be the same, but that will likely create a boring set of circumstances and devalue the potential we could have from this whole initiative.

Stay tuned, it's a bit out yet and we've got our ears to the deck listening, as demonstrated by our TS3 chat and active comms about this.

S!

Technically speaking if we really wanted to, we could have all the supply across the map be the same, but that will likely create a boring set of circumstances and devalue the potential we could have from this whole initiative.

S!

So putting the shoe on the other foot could you make X amount of lists? Three were mentioned....so there is the ability to do that. And I get the brigade based part......just curious as to supply levels when multiple AB towns lock horns. Or should I say when smaller towns have to lock horns with bigger towns and vise or versa.

So putting the shoe on the other foot could you make X amount of lists? Three were mentioned....so there is the ability to do that. And I get the brigade based part......just curious as to supply levels when multiple AB towns lock horns. Or should I say when smaller towns have to lock horns with bigger towns and vise or versa.

Yes.

I agree bigger towns should have more supply to defend but not attack. Maybe the answer is every town has the same amount of attacking supply. Towns with more links to them will be harder to hold, but that introduces a strategic element for HC that we enjoy. Also, many towns with multiple links are two or more ab towns so they will have more of a fighting chance.

Another idea is quicker resupply timers for larger ab towns. Risk reward for holding or attackingn and gaining those towns.

Lastly, paras seem to be good now with time based supply. Is like to see resupply timers in the 24 hour plus range. Towns will fall more often but they can be taken back just as easy. Interdiction and overstocking becomes more important as does KD for the average player.

I would like to see JU and PARA "spawn points" (as opposed to a full AF) closer to the front in order to use them more.

Good post Chokk. I see your point about only one link (small town) to large city and how do you even hold it against 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 supply levels without the ability to reinforce it....

S!

There could be a base # per town and then bonus numbers for additional links to friendly towns and/or ABs.

More linky, more plinky.

capping those links could/would cut any additional bonus attributed to them, and trickle back if recapped.

Was there mention of ability to overstock or resupply? i'd like to see the return of manual overstocking and interdiction of that supply. This should be encouraged i think, in some form

Good to see you tman, are you back playing?

Kidd, yes overstocking is back and will be very important as long as resupply timers are over 24 hours.

Other ideas to throw out there:

For hr sake of time, I'll use total number of inf as my example rather than % of supply.

1 ab towns have 75 rifles supply. Fb opens, all of that supply can be used to attack.

2 ab towns have 90 rifles supply. Fb opens and only the same amount of supply a 1 ab has can be used to attack (75 rifles) adjacent towns. .

3 ab towns have 105 rifles supply. Fb opens and 75 rifles can be used for AOs on adjacent towns.

Towns with a fourth ab some major (AF's), have 3 ab worth plus para brigade.

When a multi town loses abs it decreases total rifles by 15 for each ab they lose. Resupply is whatever crs says and doesn't return until then. Or give those Mia 90 min return timers.

Not sure if codeable but there has to be a way to actually cap multi ab towns and defend from adjacent 1-2 ab towns going against those large towns. Otherwise we will be constantly fighting for towns around brux, ant, lux, Aachen, Leige. And won't be able to pass them.

i can't think of a 2+ ab town on map with only one link so this would solve many issues.

Enough rambling from me this morning. Rats I'm sure will sort it out.

It will not be in accordance with each AB per se, as in the old way, where every single AB accounted for X amount of supply. Town supply will work as we have it now, where it is associated with a brigade, so my thought process was, if it's a bigger town, it will probably have more supply stationed there, wouldn't it?

Taking big towns shouldn't be a cake walk, it should take investment and hard work, real strategic choke points. The town supply will be flexible and we'll fine tune it in a way that works. Technically speaking if we really wanted to, we could have all the supply across the map be the same, but that will likely create a boring set of circumstances and devalue the potential we could have from this whole initiative.

Stay tuned, it's a bit out yet and we've got our ears to the deck listening, as demonstrated by our TS3 chat and active comms about this.

S!

Awesome! =)

So just to clarify, does this mean that we can just get a group of people and attack anywhere on the map anytime we want without an attack order from high command like it now?

What i'm trying to say is, right now the fighting only happens when there is an attack order given to a certain area. Does this mean we can finally mass armies anywere we want and launch an attack anywhere we want without any computer or someone ordering us to only go to a place with an attack order?

If so YES!!!

Yes, I think these towns should have more supply. also, we should get rid of the Mole and require more AO's to attack these big towns.

It will bring the fight closer together with numbers(since HC won't attack big towns without supply and numbers) and get rid of the (no action and chase the mole down stuff).

If i'm a new guy looking for action, why would we put him in a situation where he spawns in a big town and see's nothing but emptiness ?

Would be cool if taking large towns could take multi days (in game) or more. Have to make it so supply can be maintained and not just blown away and the attack is over, but long term, street by street battles would be fun.

So just to clarify, does this mean that we can just get a group of people and attack anywhere on the map anytime we want without an attack order from high command like it now?

What i'm trying to say is, right now the fighting only happens when there is an attack order given to a certain area. Does this mean we can finally mass armies anywere we want and launch an attack anywhere we want without any computer or someone ordering us to only go to a place with an attack order?

If so YES!!!

No. In other post CRS has made it plain (and clear) that AO'S will remain.

No. In other post CRS has made it plain (and clear) that AO'S will remain.

Ok. I'm still new here so i'm confused as what is changing? If that's not the case that we can attack from anywhere on the map ( front lines ) then what is the town based supply suppose to be? In other words what is this new system suppose to do?

Ok. I'm still new here so i'm confused as what is changing? If that's not the case that we can attack from anywhere on the map ( front lines ) then what is the town based supply suppose to be? In other words what is this new system suppose to do?

Essentially removes our current brigade system and is replacing it with supply in every single town. This heavily heavily heavily lightens the burden on HC and should improve gameplay overall.

Essentially removes our current brigade system and is replacing it with supply in every single town. This heavily heavily heavily lightens the burden on HC and should improve gameplay overall.

How so?

How so?

No longer need HC on 24/7 to make sure that fallbacks are set, supply is rotated properly and we don't get tons of stuff cutoff. Because only a small number of people join HC, and few of those take map, there are only a handful of players that do all of these things. By making it so we don't have to worry about that it won't be nearly as stressful or difficult to be HC.

No longer need HC on 24/7 to make sure that fallbacks are set, supply is rotated properly and we don't get tons of stuff cutoff. Because only a small number of people join HC, and few of those take map, there are only a handful of players that do all of these things. By making it so we don't have to worry about that it won't be nearly as stressful or difficult to be HC.

Ok, that's good for them. That does help the game a lot and I really appreciate you explaining this to me.

I still do have a question.

If they are changing the brigade system and removing HCs, how exactly does this effect to game play in general? So far idk what the max amount of players are allowed in a town or city, and I think you said that because of this change we can now just spawn into a town?

I'm still kind of confused on how gameplay becomes easier and exactly it effects gameplay. You also said we can't attack anywhere still unless attack order is given which they said they would keep in the game.

Ok, that's good for them. That does help the game a lot and I really appreciate you explaining this to me.

I still do have a question.

If they are changing the brigade system and removing HCs, how exactly does this effect to game play in general? So far idk what the max amount of players are allowed in a town or city, and I think you said that because of this change we can now just spawn into a town?

I'm still kind of confused on how gameplay becomes easier and exactly it effects gameplay. You also said we can't attack anywhere still unless attack order is given which they said they would keep in the game.

HC aren't being removed, but rather their job is changing. They are now going to focus on leading attacks and making sure they can get players organized.

With the new town based supply, you no longer have to worry about moving brigades around. This also means that there is an even amount of supply across the map, so you can't lose half the map because of TZ3 softcapping. This should improve gameplay because you're forced into battles, not just sneaking things that can't be defended.

Also, AO's are still dictated by HC. This allows HC to have a coordinated effort as to where the fights should go, and what are strategically the best targets to take at that time. In the event no HC are on it'll resort to the fallback system where the game will place AO's if no HC place one. This means that AO's will still be placed, albeit sometimes in poor locations, even if no HC are on to do it.

Any more questions?

So there is an infinite amount of supply per town. And when that supply is exhausted, the defenders can no longer spawn in.

It sure does sound like the plan will always be to attrit until you can just walk in and claim the prize.

I know I'm over-simplifying it.. I hope.

I never agreed with the implementation of ToE's and therefore never really bothered learning all the tiny details around using them. So, I hope I'm wrong ... as usual. ;)

So there is an infinite amount of supply per town. And when that supply is exhausted, the defenders can no longer spawn in.

It sure does sound like the plan will always be to attrit until you can just walk in and claim the prize.

I know I'm over-simplifying it.. I hope.

I never agreed with the implementation of ToE's and therefore never really bothered learning all the tiny details around using them. So, I hope I'm wrong ... as usual. ;)

you're not, while that's now what happened EVERY time when we last had town based supply, it did happen often. I don't really see it being any different this time around.

Sounds like pre TOE world war one style play to me. :rolleyes:

Sits back to watch the death of a game....

Sincerely

fenir

HC aren't being removed, but rather their job is changing. They are now going to focus on leading attacks and making sure they can get players organized.

With the new town based supply, you no longer have to worry about moving brigades around. This also means that there is an even amount of supply across the map, so you can't lose half the map because of TZ3 softcapping. This should improve gameplay because you're forced into battles, not just sneaking things that can't be defended.

Also, AO's are still dictated by HC. This allows HC to have a coordinated effort as to where the fights should go, and what are strategically the best targets to take at that time. In the event no HC are on it'll resort to the fallback system where the game will place AO's if no HC place one. This means that AO's will still be placed, albeit sometimes in poor locations, even if no HC are on to do it.

Any more questions?

on that note, sense they are trying to make the battles closer and more active, how will this change effect player numbers? Meaning, how many players will be able to fit in a single battle due to this change? Since they are going to make it easier for players to join battles and I guess these changes makes battles bigger.