hondo

Playgate.exe

9 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having an issue with a desktop shortcut ?

Played this am using the desktop icon to get in, this afternoon I get an error saying :

" The item "Playgate.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved. So that this shortcut will not work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?"

I did not change anything on my system from this morning , logged off and shut it down.

Any ideas ?

My second account is on a separate computer

Program files > CRS > Battleground Europe > Playgate file inside

Hondo account computer

The Playgate file is gone

were the F did it go and why did it go away and how do I get it back ?

If you patched then you will have to make a new shortcut from your program files.

I had the same issue, just delete the current, not valid shortcut, then searching through your program files find the playgate.exe and right click to make a new shortcut and drag it to your desktop.

Then get back in game sir.:D

Originally I had just patched up, and everything worked fine. Then like I said I logged off and went to work. I powered down the whole system. ( I almost never do that)

When I came home and fired everything up it appears that Norton did an auto update and felt that Playgate.exe was a threat and deleted it.

I uninstalled this morning and did a full reinstall of the game. As soon as I hit the play button Norton again deleted Playgate with a warning message that went by so fast I could not read it.

I turned off Norton's auto protect and reinstalled from scratch once again. I was able to get in game and kill a few things.

The question is why is Norton just auto deleting the file?

Edited by hondo

Get rid of Norton hondo lol, Security Essentials work just fine for free.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210/security-essentials-download[/CODE]

Originally I had just patched up, and everything worked fine. Then like I said I logged off and went to work. I powered down the whole system. ( I almost never do that)

When I came home and fired everything up it appears that Norton did an auto update and felt that Playgate.exe was a threat and deleted it.

I uninstalled this morning and did a full reinstall of the game. As soon as I hit the play button Norton again deleted Playgate with a warning message that went by so fast I could not read it.

I turned off Norton's auto protect and reinstalled from scratch once again. I was able to get in game and kill a few things.

The question is why is Norton just auto deleting the file?

I had exact same issue but Norton deleted all short cuts pertaining to the game. Shut off Norton all is fine. But internet exployer keeps crashing something it did before updated game. I did a full install about five times before relizing it was Norton. I used to have to shut Norton off before I could download anything but this past Norton had been ok until this download.