• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
gousgounis

New fru

29 posts in this topic

If you place FMS in the city, will it look same? I suggest in city instead of the grass texture use something else.

You need to stop thinking about what players should do ideally and instead focus on how the game can be gamed.

To me, this is the scariest statement that I have seen from a player in a very long time. It takes the spirit of the game and kicks it to the curb.

I will never subscribe to such an attitude. I guess to each his own, but 'gaming the game' just hurts everyone in the long run. But I'm not a win at all costs power gamer, so what do I know. I tend to do this really crazy thing called playing for fun.

To me, this is the scariest statement that I have seen from a player in a very long time. It takes the spirit of the game and kicks it to the curb.

I will never subscribe to such an attitude. I guess to each his own, but 'gaming the game' just hurts everyone in the long run. But I'm not a win at all costs power gamer, so what do I know. I tend to do this really crazy thing called playing for fun.

It doesn't matter if it's your preferred style or not, you have to account for that when you're building a game. CRS were bad game developers and expected every player to play a certain way. When the rules were inevitably exploited, or even sometimes when the rules were used normally Doc blamed the players instead of themselves for being bad game designers.

If playing for fun was the norm(assuming that fun is universal and not highly subjective, I won't get in to that) instead of competitively then players would let the attackers set up FRUs and even capture a depot, not grab an armored car at the first hint of EWS and sit outside town with their hatch open and their tweaked sound card to listen for trucks and then beeline to destroy the first FRU that was built.

If there's tactic that a player can employ to solo an enemy spawn they will do it. So if you want fun fights you need to make fun fights the most efficient game activity not rely on chivalry. Defenders are going to roll the strongest tank they can get to the FMS, they don't care about fun. If there's an opening in the rear you won't get wonderful maneuver warfare you'll get some guy camping everything.

If there's an opening in the rear you won't get wonderful maneuver warfare you'll get some guy camping everything.

That that part I will agree with. Makes no sense to spend all this time "fixing" the Fru if it can still be camped just as easily. Maybe easier, because NOW it will be HUGE and impossible to hide in a bush. lol

It should have a log wall behind so it can't be camped by the guy in a tank on a hill, 1km away. Or strafed from behind by the hedge trimmer coming in at 20ft.

If you can camp it, you can kill it. Camping is lame. Kill the damn thing.

Edited by lipton