B2K

Intermission Idea: Operation Old School

21 posts in this topic

Next intermission:

set supply to unlimited.

set cap timers to 1 sec (if poss or whatever the 'fastest' is)

set the wait between CP capped ->AB hot to 1 sec (or whatever is fastest possible)

set base # of AO to 10

threaten to perma-ban any HC [edit]Ok everyone knows that no one will get perma-banned for something in intermission, the intent is to make it crystal clear to HC not to end the intermission by surrounding the otherside as has occurred a few times in the recent past intermissions[/edit] that stacks a similar flag in a city (Ie 2 army flags in the same spot) unless it's being done for immediate movement forward.

Let it run for a few days... let's relive the old days

With the auto-AO code going it'll be pretty close to a fully wide open map... (would have been fun to try during June).

Bump for the idea - especially as it keeps popping up in different forums on different topics.

Next intermission:

set supply to unlimited.

threaten to perma-ban any HC that stacks a similar flag in a city (Ie 2 army flags in the same spot)

Kind of irrelevant if the 2 are put together no?

Next intermission:

set supply to unlimited.

set cap timers to 1 sec (if poss or whatever the 'fastest' is)

set the wait between CP capped ->AB hot to 1 sec (or whatever is fastest possible)

set base # of AO to 10

threaten to perma-ban any HC that stacks a similar flag in a city (Ie 2 army flags in the same spot) unless it's being done for immediate movement forward.

Let it run for a few days... let's relive the old days

With the auto-AO code going it'll be pretty close to a fully wide open map... (would have been fun to try during June).

I like it

I think it should be tried once the flags are out of the game and were back to town based supply. Bump for opel/beddy rush time!

I think it should be tried once the flags are out of the game and were back to town based supply. Bump for opel/beddy rush time!

yeah that would remove the human aspects completely as no flags would need to be moved.

Next intermission:

threaten to perma-ban any HC that stacks a similar flag in a city (Ie 2 army flags in the same spot) unless it's being done for immediate movement forward.

Perma-Ban an HC for doing something that you don't like, and best of all during INTERMISSION? Seriously?

Here's a better and more realistic idea for intermission... Make all AOs set by the AI and let HC take that time to play or get out of game for a few days, especially since intermission doesn't matter.

Perma-ban... you have got to be kidding B2K.

1 person likes this

Perma-Ban an HC for doing something that you don't like, and best of all during INTERMISSION? Seriously?

Here's a better and more realistic idea for intermission... Make all AOs set by the AI and let HC take that time to play or get out of game for a few days, especially since intermission doesn't matter.

Perma-ban... you have got to be kidding B2K.

I said threaten - because if it isn't made clear not to do something HC will (AO'ing vliss or breskens, or cutting off one sides ground forces.... for example)(or see last intermission as another where one HC cutoff a huge chunk of the others flags).

And I say this as a 10(+) year HC vet.

The intent of this scenario would be to keep as many cities with flags in as possible to allow for a maximum dispersion of players across the entire map front. I KNOW some HC would try to mass/maneuver flags to get a flag advantage somewhere (which is odd that even in unlimited supply intermissions that keeps happening)

Edited by B2K

My point still stands. It doesn't matter... To be honest, there should be no moving in or out, and no way to cut anyone. During intermission, they should set it so that there is one front line of towns with no brigades in the center of rows of Axis and Allied towns. The empty towns would be what people are fighting for. No brigades can actually move in, but the controlling side would be able to set missions in the towns like HQs. When you capture a town, now YOU can set missions in the town like an HQ. Ifd they want, they can have a contest during intermission. Whoever owns the most center towns wins. Yay! Who cares? It's intermission.

My point still stands. It doesn't matter... To be honest, there should be no moving in or out, and no way to cut anyone. During intermission, they should set it so that there is one front line of towns with no brigades in the center of rows of Axis and Allied towns. The empty towns would be what people are fighting for. No brigades can actually move in, but the controlling side would be able to set missions in the towns like HQs. When you capture a town, now YOU can set missions in the town like an HQ. Ifd they want, they can have a contest during intermission. Whoever owns the most center towns wins. Yay! Who cares? It's intermission.

That could be fun as well, though the intent of my scenario is to also allow map movement as if in a normal campaign rather than a static setpiece

Bump for the idea - especially as it keeps popping up in different forums on different topics.

This is such an awful idea that I think you're deliberately putting it forth so you can watch the disaster then use it as an example of why HC need to keep their control over AOs. Either that or you're more disconnected from the gameplay than I thought.

There is no reason you can't open up the front with AOs but have 1 min depot capture timers and 10 min AB timers like normal.

This is such an awful idea that I think you're deliberately putting it forth so you can watch the disaster then use it as an example of why HC need to keep their control over AOs.

unless xoom has posted something i missed HC's will be retaining control of AO's (they're not going away with town based supply).

Either that or you're more disconnected from the game-play than I thought.

There is no reason you can't open up the front with AOs but have 1 min depot capture timers and 10 min AB timers like normal.

Not disconnected. At the time i originally posted this, there were several threads in different forums advocating for 'return' to the old open map. This on an intermission (or even as a mini-campaign) would remind everyone how ugly it was - especially for the under-pop side.

Plus it'd be fun to do something different for a change.

Edited by B2K

BRUEGEL%252C%2BPieter%2Bthe%2BElder%252C%2BThe%2BTriumph%2Bof%2BDeath%252C%2Bc%2B1562.jpg

Just saw that painting the other day a Madrid, at their Prado museum. It is from Pieter Brueghel, flamish (belgian) painter.

Also saw this one from Picasso, which may actually fit your idea as well :

guernica_all.jpg

Better remove all tanks except tiger and s76 because all other loose their purpose.

We already had or have intermissions with unlimited supply and the battles are awful especially inside cities.

Edited by pbveteran

I dont agree with th e perma-ban, but I wholeheartedly agree with the other mechanics of B2's idea, ... heck it's just for a 2-3 day intermission. Who knows it might be brought back again-and-again by popular demand.

On 8/9/2016 at 3:52 PM, Quincannon said:

Amen Quincannon!

Intermission should be enjoyed (or dismissed) by HC members as well - regardless of intermission objectives.

On 7/19/2016 at 11:53 PM, B2K said:

*Facepalm*

LoL you seriously want to permaban more veterans? CRS has perma-ban more people than any gaming company I know to the point they had to close the MMORPG forum due to the negativity, again the only company I know of that did this...

And you are supposedly the community developer?.... WTF? man that makes you look bad, perma-ban is the worst solution there is when it comes to building and maintaining a healthy community,

"Lets threaten players..." B2K Motto (Community Developer)

This is so funny and Illogical for me I rather believed your account was hacked that being actually you who wrote that sentence.

55 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

*Facepalm*

LoL you seriously want to permaban more veterans? CRS has perma-ban more people than any gaming company I know to the point they had to close the MMORPG forum due to the negativity, again the only company I know of that did this...

And you are supposedly the community developer?.... WTF? man that makes you look bad, perma-ban is the worst solution there is when it comes to building and maintaining a healthy community,

"Lets threaten players..." B2K Motto (Community Developer)

This is so funny and Illogical for me I rather believed your account was hacked that being actually you who wrote that sentence.

As I explain above that was merely to drive home the point that everyone knows that unless something that drastic is done (or at least warned to be possible) there are those within the HC that will strive their best to not follow the established ruleset.  No one will ever be banned unless hacking/exploiting/otherwise violating the TOS, most people realize this.  So maybe revoke HC access for a while if the scenario isn't followed or, not even do anything and just chalk it up as another reason why flags need to go away/be taken out of HC control.  I put that option in to drive home the point of emphasis so a jakwad doesn't surround the entire other side (again) Killing intermission (again).....  Fortunately with the upcoming return to town based supply the issues associated with uber stacks will go away.  Also this thread was started before my assumption of 'developer' status, if you wander back far enough in the forums I'm sure there are plenty of examples that would make me look bad in my new role. 

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:46 AM, petie said:

Kind of irrelevant if the 2 are put together no?

No,  the intent is to spread the fights as far across the map as possible - to do this flags would not be able to be stacked as that would leave open towns (it still will at some points on the map).  By keeping the supply unlimited, the supply issues of having  flags spread singly in towns is gone (mostly, in theory the allied side would suffer from the tri-army issues related to equipment differences). 

I'd say do it, and set the AOs for a higher number, say 13- that's the minimum frontage that happens prior to endgame.

The fast caps were exactly what happened in the old game.

I say go further- run a campaign with those settings.