Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Hardware Info

36 posts in this topic

For those with the big screens:

I "made" a WW2OL Widget with Amnesty Generator by grabbing it from the WWIIOL homepage: http://www.hessburg.com/downloads/WWIIOL-widget.zip

It has excyctly the same features as the map on the WWIIOL homepage (because it is it) - i prefer the dog3 widget because of the size, i have only 20" CD here but i thought i post it if someone wants the choice for his 30" CD ;)

ZZ02526076.jpg

Have you widget-wizards taken a look at KFS1's thread in the barracks about all the cool stuff he's setting up to allow people to post more real-time game info on their websites? It's here.

Any chance of some of this being available in widget form? I'm especially interested in the live captures ticker. I wish I had the programming skills to do it myself. I took a look at Dashcode and while I could make a widget pretty, I couldn't make it do much of anything besides the default functions. Alas, like many things I have learned to accept in life, I will never be a ballerina, I will never play shortstop for the Mets, and I will never be able to learn a programming language. So any help from those with the skillz would be much appreciated. :)

I've been playing the Windows version of the game on my Dual 3GHz MacPro for several weeks and really like the improved framerate and overall performance boost. However, I do experience some anomalies with the keyboard and joystick. In the Mac version I was using the venerable Force Feedback (Mac compatible model) and it works okay with tanks, trucks, and ATGs. When flying though I CTD after about a minute- once I'm in the air and doing my usual flying thing the game just crashes everytime.

Before I buy a PC joystick, I was wondering if anyone else was doing the same thing and had any experience to share.. any constructive suggestions are most welcome.

S!

OK people, here is a great freeware utility for WW2 Online as it is finally a single binary.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29420

"GameLauncher first requires that you select the application and, once selected, if you press the "Launch" button, will quit as many applications as you have running, launch the game, wait patiently until you are finished, then return the applications to your desktop good as new. Less time wasted, more game-play time maximised. Neat right? Right!"

It works great here but remember, you should not "select" the background important processes. Select regular Applications.

It also quits "Dock" , it means getting rid of the OS X Widgets running at background. Of course when game quits, everything is back.

It was impossible for 1.24- since we had 2 Apps, "Playnet" and it was quitting while launching game so we had 10s of Apps launching again.

Now it is not the case, enjoy!

I've been playing the Windows version of the game on my Dual 3GHz MacPro for several weeks and really like the improved framerate and overall performance boost. However, I do experience some anomalies with the keyboard and joystick. In the Mac version I was using the venerable Force Feedback (Mac compatible model) and it works okay with tanks, trucks, and ATGs. When flying though I CTD after about a minute- once I'm in the air and doing my usual flying thing the game just crashes everytime.

Before I buy a PC joystick, I was wondering if anyone else was doing the same thing and had any experience to share.. any constructive suggestions are most welcome.

S!

Are you sure it is a Mac exclusive joystick? I don't know if any exists. You must simply go to manufacturer site (Such as Logitech) and download/install its Windows drivers.

Yep, welcome to Windows :)

Are you sure it is a Mac exclusive joystick? I don't know if any exists. You must simply go to manufacturer site (Such as Logitech) and download/install its Windows drivers.

Yep, welcome to Windows :)

Thanks! I can fly again.. you were right.

Strange, now that you mention it, for the exact same joystick to be packaged and marketed seperately for different platforms when all it requires is a single driver installation disc.

ahwulf, what program did you record your music on? I have DP4.52 but have not learned how to use it yet.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0