Dell1939

Whining

8 posts in this topic

There are several players, on both sides, that seem to do nothing but whine when they log in. The problem is that they never seem to come up with solutions to these equipment problems that don't involve massively buffing their equipment while nerfing the enemies. Please oh please, if you have an issue with equipment find a way to fix it while making it balanced and fun. Saying that you want to be invulnerable while the enemies die by looking at them is a bad way to get your complaint heard. Don't go to CRS with a problem, go to them with a solution for the problem and they're much more likely to listen to you.

End rant.

guilty as charged... having trouble playing the game for fun, feels like a chore for the past few months.

still, the community are assholes when we bring up legit balance problems and gameplay issues. turns into *****ing and whining after awhile.

like the spit, play for 1 hour in a 09 then another in the spit and you'll see what axis are whining about.

guilty as charged... having trouble playing the game for fun, feels like a chore for the past few months.

still, the community are assholes when we bring up legit balance problems and gameplay issues. turns into *****ing and whining after awhile.

like the spit, play for 1 hour in a 09 then another in the spit and you'll see what axis are whining about.

I have, and I fly both about equally well. Both have strengths and weaknesses. I know there are some balance issues, but I just wish people wouldn't whine about it and would come up with real solutions, not just nerfing the enemy or massively overpowering their own equipment.

giving it weight would help, compared to the 09 it feels like a 100kg plane with the propellers lifting the plane more than the wings, pulling more than gliding.

while the 09 feels like a truck with wings, gliding more than pulling.

then there's the abysmal damage model, downright broken in the Vb.

last camp when i was purged i flew a 2b and took 20 20mm's aaa, 3 40mm aaa, at least 40 15mms, and 200ish bullets and still maneuvered a pair of 09's to the deck, with a mouse and keyboard in one flight.

it doesn't fishtail or completely loose control like the 09, just some control authority (with damage and maneuvers).

it's been said 100's of times that it's a ridiculous plane but it's all just whining after years and years... like the m10, the allied LMGs, the RPATs, green paint, scout cars, HE, bombers, RDP, etc.

whenever we bring it up someone says whining, says it's fine, or wants their whines heard more.

a good example is the grease gun, we all agreed it needed to be fixed, it was awful so it got fixed.

when the mp34 thread was up (its deleted) people did everything to derail it and it turned to a BS thread even though it's just as bad as the grease gun was and it's off center.

Edited by major0noob

I've been back since June for the first time since the mid 2000's and I feel it's time for me to air my first big gripe:

Dude... where's my Luftwaffle?

p8COuRT.png

Since I've been back I've seen nothing but HUGE dominance on the part of allied air. I thought maybe in the first two campaigns I was imagining things but no there are literally only 5 or 6 players on the Axis side who fly at all. Most times there aren't even missions up.

So last night I watched a bunch of allied air first bomb all our tanks and AA then shoot down poor Dandare... SHUT DOWN and camping one of our FB... FROM THE AIR. It's just ridiculous and NOT FUN.

I've been on one fight, one lone battle where I actually had time to acquire a tank in the air over a town and bomb him. EVERY other time the name of the game is fly in and drop my bombs ASAP before the 3-5 spits/hurris maul me.

Well last night it finally got old and I've only been here 3 campaigns.

That's because whenever the LW has numbers on the spitfires run and hide ;)

Happened several times this map already, we get numbers into the air just to find nothing to shoot at. Once we go ground and/or leave the game they all come back.

Last map was particularly bad because ZULU was Allied, causing a huge imbalance of the few flyboys there are in the game.

That's because whenever the LW has numbers on the spitfires run and hide ;)

Happened several times this map already, we get numbers into the air just to find nothing to shoot at. Once we go ground and/or leave the game they all come back.

Last map was particularly bad because ZULU was Allied, causing a huge imbalance of the few flyboys there are in the game.

xD Zulu are literally the only guys who fly 109's on the axis side.

our whining about the FB actually worked, it was a completely obvious and popular issue though.

without all the whining we'd still be playing with 12 hit FB's and hours of doing nothing at the FB. +1 for whiners i guess...

our whining about the FB actually worked, it was a completely obvious and popular issue though.

without all the whining we'd still be playing with 12 hit FB's and hours of doing nothing at the FB. +1 for whiners i guess...

There's still a difference between whining and coming up with solutions to the problems the game faces. Just complaining about something without giving input on how to fix it is useless and annoying.

A whine is a whine...seems Dell is whining on the forums...Great way to solve issues...gripe to PPL who can do Nuthin' about it...

most whines have obvious fixes, or are clear bugs

-spit damage model (add damage effects)

-FB's were weak (make them stronger)

-M5 flipping (center of mass is too high)

-blackout beddy (blacks out)

-SMG's are awful (they need touch ups, like the grease gun)

etc etc...

most aern't even acknowledged and if it benefits/hinders one side people will attack each other :/

we always offer solutions, but the attacks and other BS always derail the subject.

play axis side lob12 and then let's talk again

But hey, who cares, right? playerbase get's smaller and smaller and you really believe all is fine? Get some reality check and do something. greni said a long time ago that bge is only here to milk the players and i start to believe him.

every change took away the base, at least on axis side. no good gameplay, no teamplay and the players who take the time to drive a FRu get less and less, cause it's too easy to hear the opel/beddy/laffy. sorry the last few changes i've seen are really bad !

sad, very sad

Edited by parasit

I'll be honest, I've come back to see how the game is after how many years in hiatus, and really nothing has particularly changed as far as balance and gameplay goes, and the community culture around criticism and balance is extremely toxic.

People can and should be able to raise concerns without some concern-trolling or off-hand dismissal as a need to "get good" or "learn more".

e: and just to be clear, what I've seen doesn't really make me want to stick around either. There's been a few years to make some much needed changes and yet it seems to actually have become more obtuse, less user/community friendly.

Edited by boganhunta

I have, and I fly both about equally well. Both have strengths and weaknesses. I know there are some balance issues, but I just wish people wouldn't whine about it and would come up with real solutions, not just nerfing the enemy or massively overpowering their own equipment.

The issue is, that all of the fixes needed would literally just be reverting the values/properties of the equipment to periods of time 6-8 years ago. Its not a major undertaking.

====

The problem is that they never seem to come up with solutions to these equipment problems

====

Actually, numerous solutions have been posted for complaints I've seen. But, until they can edit game models/code, nothing going to change.

Other changes they can do, just must not be high priority... like 232 loud, doc/panny quiet; Opel loud, allied trucks quieter, morris coasting 50,000 miles, etc.

lets not forget insta-bush tanks/green paint, DB7 smart bombers, tiger frontal tin foil, allied atg's better armored than PZs, and of course mp40 that hits everything BUT what its aimed at.

ahhhh, an anti-whinning thread that loses the anti by the 2nd post.

Perception is reality. There are many different realities floating around in game, depending on your perception of it.

I'll be honest, I've come back to see how the game is after how many years in hiatus, and really nothing has particularly changed as far as balance and gameplay goes, and the community culture around criticism and balance is extremely toxic.

People can and should be able to raise concerns without some concern-trolling or off-hand dismissal as a need to "get good" or "learn more".

e: and just to be clear, what I've seen doesn't really make me want to stick around either. There's been a few years to make some much needed changes and yet it seems to actually have become more obtuse, less user/community friendly.

There is no plan for growth. Everyone refers to a future launch on Steam but seem oblivious to how poor the gameplay and community attitude are. You can mention the most annoying, buggy, or imbalanced element of the game and the first guy will say that there's nothing wrong it's just your perception, the second will say that it's not important, the third will say that it's not really a problem or bug it's a feature.

The 1.35 release was the best chance it had in a long time to get people confident in the game and boost player numbers and what resulted was an incredibly lopsided series of armor camps. That's what they showed all the returning players and people here seem happy with it. That's what they continue to show any that have stuck around. I haven't seen any comment indicating "Yes, we think that was unacceptable". No one is asking why population is back down to 2-AO prime times or why the campaigns don't last even three weeks anymore.

So after another map where axis was quickly defeated without any real contest this thread pops up complaining about players complaining. It reminds me of what I saw years ago when there had been a big drop in axis player numbers and people were claiming that the loss of subscriptions was the player's fault for posting gripes in side chat not anything to do with the game.

Whining about whinners that the worst type of whining and the least value... if whining had ever had any value.

@Axis Airwar

Never even since 2005 have I seen axis dominate the air it's always been allies, sometimes axis make massive sortie of pilots they scare allies but after that allies pick each last one of the pilots.

Even before the game release in EU I used to check the website and it showed more or less the proportion of equipment allied always had more pilots than axis.

If i'm not wrong ever since they removed the Bf 109 tri-wing? Axis air war never recover.

@Whiners

CRS had barely no money, dev is like 1-2 guys rest volunteers.. Reverse-Engineer much of the tools, code and game with no former programmer present who had experience with the game.. So nothing left but whine to tell the truth.

This is all old news. Check this out from the Luftwaffe Official Forums 1944-46:

|German aircraft design and production reflected the schizophrenic policies of the leadership. While many big bombers were designed and proposed, very few prototypes were made and fewer were built. While German aircraft design was actually very advanced, there were really too many competing designs and too many models for good standardization. As a result the Germans were never able to standardize on the next generation of fighter or bomber. For example, the ME 109 fighter was an excellent plane, but the Germans realized that it was getting old by 1942. They replaced it with the FW 190, an excellent plane in its own right, but that plane never really replaced the ME 109, which was not only getting long in the tooth, but was hampered by the extreme shortage of 100 octane gasoline. Airplanes require much higher octane than cars or trucks, and the Germans were never able to refine the required quantities of fuel for aircraft that was needed. By the height of the war, 1/2 of all German fuel was synthetic, refined from coal, and with a maximum octane of 90. As things got more difficult and shortages became critical, planes had to fly even with low octane fuel, especially transport planes. High octane was reserved for fighters. One might say that the ME 262 jet fighter was indeed the next generation of fighter that would leapfrog the Allies, but Hitler hurt this program by demanding that this plane be a fast bomber instead of or addition to being a fighter.|

you guys really come with reality in this game? if so, then remove 80% or more of the french tanks, since they didn't work or had no mass production.

so this can't be an argument.

i still believe the best would be to play on map with equipment exchange (allies get axis equipment and vis-versa). so all can see how it really is to play the other side without losing their friends.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Same sh*t, different day

Edited by lipton