• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
glacier

No more intermissions

18 posts in this topic

Day one player here. I understand that there is a "rest" period for the HC to regroup for a following campaign. I pay to play the game, as of course all of you do to. Back in 2004 and previous there was a 6 hour "reset" of the map. I do not like intermission and never have. If it has to be 24 hours, so be it. But I think myself and the rest of the playerbase would like the map up and running.

day 2 player here: I think the game should be 100% intermission and no campaigns ever. this would eliminate all whining. except about no campaigns.

Once we get rid of the flags, intermission could go away.

We wouldn't be reliant on the HCs to log in for the game to work...

Intermisions are good and should give all f2p player access to all equipment to see what they miss and make them maybe registered. Also it gives some relaxing to HQ guys and some players.

I never really liked them either but in the past they were needed to reset everything as it was done manually if I remember correctly and then the brigades need to be allocated by HC on the map via the RATS.

Hopefully with all the new stuff happening behind the scenes it will go quicker in the future.

I dont play much in the summer just due to lots of outdoor stuff so dosent matter much to me now but come fall.........

Day one player here. I understand that there is a "rest" period for the HC to regroup for a following campaign. I pay to play the game, as of course all of you do to. Back in 2004 and previous there was a 6 hour "reset" of the map. I do not like intermission and never have. If it has to be 24 hours, so be it. But I think myself and the rest of the playerbase would like the map up and running.

I also am a paying member and I like the intermission. Players need a break too.

So we are both paying members. I like it, you don't.

They can't please everyone. Sometimes they roll one camp right into the next. Sometimes, they don't.

2 people like this

I also am a paying member and I like the intermission. Players need a break too.

So we are both paying members. I like it, you don't.

They can't please everyone. Sometimes they roll one camp right into the next. Sometimes, they don't.

I agree!

day 2 player here: I think the game should be 100% intermission and no campaigns ever. this would eliminate all whining. except about no campaigns.

Welp. Shut down the forums this guy has won. LOL

Part of the issue is inorder to get all the proper setup going we need time to deploy the next campaign. Perhaps someday we might be able to get to a point where it can be scripted and wont take intervention from the team to get the next one rolling.

Ok, but my complaint is that people play intermissions as though they are campaigns.   They recap the spawnable, or soft cap, blow a FB, or otherwise ruin the fun that intermission could be.  Here is a case where you really could please everyone--work out a way so that there was a town where the two sides controlled adjacent sections (like, within 100-200m) and couldn't end the other side's ability to spawn.   Let the rest of the map play out like normal, so if a bunch of intermission studs feel like they need to recap a spawn and end all action for 3 hours, they could still do so.  But in the meantime, there would be a section with intense, continuous action.

Intermissions aren't going away because they give people a chance to recover, tinker, train, and prepare. For free players they get to play with new toys, and the tone of everything is a bit more relaxed.

Going directly from Campaign to Campaign has been done before and it usually burns people and the HC out. Prep time fit everyone to organize is vastly important.

The timeline of intermissions are subject to change however depending on many factors.

1 person likes this

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:30 AM, de4thadder said:

I thought the HC system was gonna go bye-bye?

Not in the plans at all.  The HC is an important part of the game and their future role is even more important to the success of the game.  While the rumor is there, it is not true.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, pfmosquito said:

Ok, but my complaint is that people play intermissions as though they are campaigns.   They recap the spawnable, or soft cap, blow a FB, or otherwise ruin the fun that intermission could be.  Here is a case where you really could please everyone--work out a way so that there was a town where the two sides controlled adjacent sections (like, within 100-200m) and couldn't end the other side's ability to spawn.   Let the rest of the map play out like normal, so if a bunch of intermission studs feel like they need to recap a spawn and end all action for 3 hours, they could still do so.  But in the meantime, there would be a section with intense, continuous action.

The Knokke-Vliss corridor does this for ongoing air-to-air fighting and it's nice. I think Roermond-Roermond West has been done before for the same effect for infantry/tankers. I wouldn't mind more of that going forward.

Yes, that's good for the air guys.

The problem even with Roer-Roer West is that people still recap spawnables or even worse, capture the AB and boot the brigade altogether.  I saw that in a recent intermission and blood came out my ears I was so confused.  Need a way to 'intermission stud-proof' those engagements.

2 hours ago, pfmosquito said:

Yes, that's good for the air guys.

The problem even with Roer-Roer West is that people still recap spawnables or even worse, capture the AB and boot the brigade altogether.  I saw that in a recent intermission and blood came out my ears I was so confused.  Need a way to 'intermission stud-proof' those engagements.

Capture.jpg

Think this is what you might be referring to? intermission before 126 started.