dcoy

So its a coin flip.

13 posts in this topic

Either Axis will whine and ignore their natural advantage. Or Allies get another easy win. I Predict the latter. Axis need 1 more nose drubbing to get their heads on. Then maybe its a match. S!

Our "Natural Advantage" is our intelligence...Most of us know when the game is nerfed to the point of imminent Loss of campaign, and choose NOT to feed the allied stat Ho's...dcoy's brain seems to be bleeding, somebody get him an ambulance....

Either Axis will whine and ignore their natural advantage. Or Allies get another easy win. I Predict the latter. Axis need 1 more nose drubbing to get their heads on. Then maybe its a match. S!

The current Axis "whining" is not near as loud, nor obnoxious as the Allied whining two campaigns ago. There is no comparison. Its really quite muted.

VR

The current Axis "whining" is not near as loud, nor obnoxious as the Allied whining two campaigns ago. There is no comparison. Its really quite muted.

VR

Starting in tier3 was an AXIS player request and was made true by CRS none to blame there , as for the 2 campaigns ago was the Mattie were it was reduced to 1 vs the horde of stugs and 4ds with the unrealistic HEAT that was the complain adding to the problem that allied can match the inf weapons VS the axis when Americans are in.

What's the natural advantage? The larger squads and larger number of squads were always an axis advantage but they're gone.

Axis prime time is EU TZ and it comes before allied prime time which is US TZ. So a bad push by axis is immediately exploited by allied prime while the allies have a solid 8-12 hours to recover because TZ3 has been turned in to a dead zone. That's a huge structural disadvantage that no one can really do anything about. There's not even an axis prime anymore from what I've seen, EU TZ ops are a ghost of what they were so that makes the problem worse.

Starting in tier3 was an AXIS player request and was made true by CRS none to blame there , as for the 2 campaigns ago was the Mattie were it was reduced to 1 vs the horde of stugs and 4ds with the unrealistic HEAT that was the complain adding to the problem that allied can match the inf weapons VS the axis when Americans are in.

We suggest starting Tier 1 or 2

not 3

Starting at 2 Axis has a chance and could be longer..

S!

It was not an Axis player request. It was a very small number of both sides that asked for it and then XOOM decided to saddle the rest of us with it.

Given the near 100% Allied success with Tier 3, the Americans, and at or near the start lines, this campaign outcome was a foregone conclusion. I wish the Rats would actually study the game they put out before making decisions like this. They could just as well have said, "Allies win" then we wouldn't have had to suffer through this mess.

VR

1 person likes this

dCoy:

I predominantly play axis, have since 2006. While I care about "side imbalance", I don't "whine" about it (many axis players, likely the majority don't!, so stop with the generalizations). CRS will continue to try to address it.

Anyway.....Starting with Tier 3 last map was an interesting exercise/experience. It lasted longer than I thought it would, but ended up exactly as most familiar with this game, I would suggest, could have predicted with a probability nearing "1" of allied victory.

Still I had a lot of fun...especially flying closer to axis airfields and I had some fun times multi crewing etc....

In my time zone (western canada) there were several times no OIC was on and the results were predictable.

Should CRS try that again? Sure....but it might be better with a lower tier or when the "exotic" nature of the americans wears off (not sure when that would be for new players though, lol).

Anyway, what concerns me more is the effect of things like "invisible ei", lag, openness of game play...etc...and player frustration levels that emerge from that (the ei problem my latest 'frustration').

Having said that....When people are wedded to their own side playing experience so they don't seriously consider what others are "whining" about (either side), nor fully appreciate we are all players who need each other to make the game work, it's not all the helpful.

I think some of the problems with "balance" rest in players lack of knowledge about how to best counter equipment differences, and tactical difference, if not strategic (since they don't run the map). This is compounded by there being no in-one place, cohesive knowledge base..(the current wiki is not sufficient, scattered stuff on the internet is not sufficient)

The game has a huge learning curve which can ultimately influence how people perceive balance and fairness and then act in game. I know where to sap stuff etc..but what of new players? or even old players? I think this is a major challenges in terms of "balance".

S!