• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Kilemall

Forums Thread

13 posts in this topic

Where would the Rats prefer we post about suggestions on the new forums?

4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Where would the Rats prefer we post about suggestions on the new forums?

Fire away, but do know we're in the middle of cleaning things up so we're aware it's not 100%.

Was waiting all day for the forums. Old saved link was dead, never saw an email, no facebook, finally went to the main website and the forum link, linked to the new site, so I would possibly send out a email or post on facebook the new link to the forums so people can find it.

1 hour ago, raven4 said:

Was waiting all day for the forums. Old saved link was dead, never saw an email, no facebook, finally went to the main website and the forum link, linked to the new site, so I would possibly send out a email or post on facebook the new link to the forums so people can find it.

Hey @raven4,

Good point, and yes you're right. I am waiting for the dust to settle at the moment to make sure when we announce, it is a really great experience. Big improvements over the last 24 hours, so we're going to keep working on it then announce. Main pages have been updated accordingly, and we're working to resolve those temporarily busted URL's.

@XOOM @Dodger Nice to see the upgrade efforts, long over due on the forums!

Just one observation:

There's a bit too much scrolling, especially on smaller screens. There seems to be a fad in the latest design techniques that puts huge media and massive gaps between things, it really sucks on smaller screened devices. Check it out on a phone screen, the whole screen is image/description on first visit.

The forum and post info needs to be on one line if possible on tablets and maybe just hidden completely on phone screens, most of the forum titles are self explanatory already, don't need another 5 lines of description.

I'm typing this on a tablet and after the keyboard pops up, a third of the screen is taken up with 'World War II Online' in a blue(?) bar.

Just an observation, one you've probably already noticed, and thanks for updating!

I figure out how to put a pic on my forum pic.  Being a analog mind, I'll need step by step instructions ;-)

15 hours ago, samson said:

@XOOM @Dodger Nice to see the upgrade efforts, long over due on the forums!

Just one observation:

There's a bit too much scrolling, especially on smaller screens. There seems to be a fad in the latest design techniques that puts huge media and massive gaps between things, it really sucks on smaller screened devices. Check it out on a phone screen, the whole screen is image/description on first visit.

The forum and post info needs to be on one line if possible on tablets and maybe just hidden completely on phone screens, most of the forum titles are self explanatory already, don't need another 5 lines of description.

I'm typing this on a tablet and after the keyboard pops up, a third of the screen is taken up with 'World War II Online' in a blue(?) bar.

Just an observation, one you've probably already noticed, and thanks for updating!

Thanks for your feedback. We're definitely absorbing it this week and working to make it better.

1 person likes this

We need the old "RAT" posted in this thread icon to see dev responses.  First thing i do is always read dev response threads for some sort of information on a post.

1 person likes this