malvoc69

new+forums

45 posts in this topic

Just my opinion but they are no better than what we had and a waste of time and money sorry Rats....

Malvoc out....

These forums are made for mobile devices, which generally can't run the game. The game is made to run on desktops, which generally do not display mobile forums very efficiently (lots of unused border and margin spaces on a physically large screen --> lots of manual scrolling). It is too bad there wasn't a player-base vote where it could have honestly been described as such "implementation of mobile-type forum for increased marketing", a demo link provided, and radio buttons to vote yea or nea. There are increased features, such as the live chat (was there a vote on who wanted that?), but I would wager the main reason was the mobile reason.

My suggestion is to keep the features (such as the text editing options), but have a desktop version separate from the mobile version.

Just my dirty little ho

;-)

12 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

These forums blow more than Jsilec during fleet week in New York City. 

That's just practice for the Coney Island hot dog eating contest.  

This is like when Netflix went with their new [censored] ui

Impress me and bring up the 2004 forums where I described in detail how [censored] the hc and toe ideas were :)

Love 

Oj

Don't like them at all. I use several forums on a regular basis and WWIIOL just went from best to worst. 

I never understood the point in wasting time fixing something that wasn't broke.  NOW it's broke

It will take sometime for you guys to get used to it, I'm sure. Change can be uncomfortable sometimes but there's a lot of good things in the software to help us present information to you in a better way. So I'd ask for you to give it a little time.

Now then, for recommendations (which this thread is completely absent of at the moment), what would make them better? 

Complaints with out recommendations do not provide actionable solutions, they are read and we go, "Okay, well that wasn't very helpful."

15 hours ago, d3f3nd3r said:

They're alright and more modernized. It sure was a lot easier to find things on the old forum, though.

How is this @d3f3nd3r? Perhaps we can make some modifications to make that easier.

They seem ... cartoon-ish and child-like.   It's like they were designed for kids, or maybe old people. You know, like the phones with giant buttons for senior citizens. 

It's difficult to navigate, but I'm sure it will get easier with practice.  

I agree with the earlier remark regarding the "Rat" icon. I liked knowing when a REAL Rat posted.

There should be more options for "Themes". Right now it's either this, or ... white. 

And what's this thing about "Warning points"??  AND  "Community Reputation"????

And what is the "member rank" dots all about??

Also, how do I reload my old avatar? I like displaying my "Texas Truce" avatar.

15 minutes ago, lipton said:

And why were our Signatures changed? My quotes are gone. 

And can we still pull quotes from other forum threads? Not sure how that'll work

Xoom you can use the new software but change the format back to the original style you had with vBulletin.  This layout blows.

You're all conveniently ignoring the all-important join date no longer being on display!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, exlax said:

Xoom you can use the new software but change the format back to the original style you had with vBulletin.  This layout blows.

^^^

1 hour ago, jester said:

You're all conveniently ignoring the all-important join date no longer being on display!

I thought your post count was what mattered the most. lol

And you have a +10 "Total Reputation"... what ever the F that means lol

edit: And I hate the new "quote" look

3 hours ago, exlax said:

Why do you not like it? How could it be better in your opinion?

The vbulletin was easy to read, for me I would click on new post and from there you could easily see at a glance what forums had new threads. This board seems to have too many sub forums as well.

I like the new forums. They are simple, clean and more importantly, unlike for most of us old-timers  -  any new, younger players may likely be using/viewing via mobile. In fact these forums/format are not all that unlike the Steam Community Forums, except not blue.  They're just (not like I would really know) cooler and more modern. 

I can only suggest three things :

1. a link somewhere at the top of the forums or somewhere obvious to the main website/campaign map. (and if its here I can't find it) 

2. join date in profiles 

3. bring back the old Cornered Rat Logo with the Rat shooting pistols where it said 'The Mostly Heavily Armed Software Company on the Planet." 

The join date is in the profile ....  click on the user name above there avatar 

What the hell is "Member Reputation"?? lol

And the color? No like.  And it seems ... child-like. It's the only way I can explain it. I'm sure some will like it. I just wish we had options for choosing other looks. 

17 minutes ago, lipton said:

What the hell is "Member Reputation"?? lol

And the color? No like.  And it seems ... child-like. It's the only way I can explain it. I'm sure some will like it. I just wish we had options for choosing other looks. 

There are other theme options in the works.