• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
malvoc69

new+forums

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lipton said:

Is there a "preview" option on here? 

Don't need a preview button anymore, you can see how the message will be as you write.

No more unit type forum rooms? Bummer buh bye hangar.  Thumbs down there.  The join date isn't displayed? Lame.      No more sigs?  Sad face.  

Suggestions... bring back the hangar. Show the join date.    Keep your preschool color format if you must.  

Oh and the warnings thing. That cracks me up.  You really got em where ya want em now don't ya rats.     Anyway. Thanks for making the effort to better stuff, even if your arrow went over the target in this case. It's good to see brain storming and development trying to shake the stale day to day up.   

12 minutes ago, Mingus said:

No more unit type forum rooms? Bummer buh bye hangar.  Thumbs down there.  The join date isn't displayed? Lame.      No more sigs?  Sad face.  

Suggestions... bring back the hangar. Show the join date.    Keep your preschool color format if you must.  

Oh and the warnings thing. That cracks me up.  You really got em where ya want em now don't ya rats.     Anyway. Thanks for making the effort to better stuff, even if your arrow went over the target in this case. It's good to see brain storming and development trying to shake the stale day to day up.   

Im not following with your no hanger forum?

http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/forum/14-the-hangar/

56 minutes ago, Mingus said:

Hangar is down a bit.... You seem to have found the sig settings as you've got one.  And warning have always been around, just different now.

Thanks guys. My hard drive melted down and all I have is my phone. Don't really.know how to use it for internet.  Thanks again. Carry on

I STILL want to know... What the hell is the "Member Reputation" thing?   I can't make any sense of it. 

Whether you have a number of 30 or zero, it still list you as "green tag". 

And sometimes, it will list me as "Registered User" and other times as "Member"?? 

Is there a Help section on this thing to explain all this stuff?? lol

And is there a way to add a quote from a different thread that might be relevant to the discussion at hand? It was used a lot in the old forums, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it here. 

I really miss the old way quoted material was "boxed" to show the quote. This new was is kind of kindergarten looking. 

But then, everything about the look of this forum seems to remind me of a children's book. Very odd feel to it. Can't really put my finger on it though.

It's like everything is animated and over-sized for small hands lol.  Looking forward to seeing options for diff looks. 

Member reputation is (I think) based on the amounts of likes a post gets? Odd though, as I noticed Wingmann has a -2 reputation.

I see a box around the quote, but I'm using the default theme as I didn't really get on with the WWIIOL one, they're working on other themes I think. You can change the theme right at the bottom middle of the page.

You can use the + button at the bottom left of a post to multi quote from another thread, just click it and then browse to other thread, click the quote pop up bottom right of the screen and it pastes them into the preview at the bottom of the page. Like below, one quote from one thread, one from this one.

On 23/08/2016 at 3:21 PM, lipton said:

Is there a "preview" option on here? 

39 minutes ago, lipton said:

I STILL want to know... What the hell is the "Member Reputation" thing?   I can't make any sense of it. 

Whether you have a number of 30 or zero, it still list you as "green tag". 

And sometimes, it will list me as "Registered User" and other times as "Member"?? 

Is there a Help section on this thing to explain all this stuff?? lol

And is there a way to add a quote from a different thread that might be relevant to the discussion at hand? It was used a lot in the old forums, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it here. 

I really miss the old way quoted material was "boxed" to show the quote. This new was is kind of kindergarten looking. 

But then, everything about the look of this forum seems to remind me of a children's book. Very odd feel to it. Can't really put my finger on it though.

It's like everything is animated and over-sized for small hands lol.  Looking forward to seeing options for diff looks. 

1 person likes this

Ok. Thanks!  

Just to confirm the "Reputation" thing... I "liked" your post and sure enough... you now have a +1 reputation.  It's a popularity thing! This is looking more like Facebook all the time. lol

2 people like this

I don't dislike the forums but on my usage and perspective it seemed this could be post-pone for a less budget restrictive time.

- What I dislike is the Battleground top huge banner on top.

- There seems to be too much wasted space not sure if it's the banner that keeps scrolling down or there is more space between every feature in a post, what I enjoy about vbulletin is post occupy less space and are easier to read.

- I like the Dark Orange, it isn't being has much has before  : ( it's easier on the eyes, white text or light background on LED Screens at least on mine are not comfortable for my eyes.

- Preview of course...

But has long that there is no white background I'm happy, plus we have polls finally.

vbulletin is awesome. best forum system I've ever seen. this one looks like when you google something and get a basic archive forum... with the letter and background colors inverted.

-grey on grey on grey has to go. can't tell where one post ends and the thread err "container" starts

-like the guy above me i miss advanced features like the 1. 2. 3. or   ·   ·   ·  listing....

-reputation will revolve around circle jerks and $hit-posting like reddit

-put everything in the avatar space to the left, blow up avatar pics to the edges of the author box.

15 hours ago, major0noob said:

-reputation will revolve around circle jerks and $hit-posting like reddit

Out of curiosity, I dipped a toe into the OT forums. Sure enough, most of those oddball regulars have double digit and some already have triple digit reputation numbers.

I think the reputation thingy just lost it's reputation.  ;)

2 hours ago, lipton said:

Out of curiosity, I dipped a toe into the OT forums. Sure enough, most of those oddball regulars have double digit and some already have triple digit reputation numbers.

I think the reputation thingy just lost it's reputation.  ;)

The reputation system is no way guarenteed to stay - like the chatbox system we're trialing various systems and seeing what works.

I can't definitively say if the reputation system will stay or go as that decision would probably come from the Producers, I just execute their decisions, but it's worth noting nothing is permanent atm and we are taking member feedback into account.

New forums look good and all. ..... but too often the new server stops working, or hangs up on loading a new thread,  and I can not open up a post for 5-10 minutes, etc...

I don't know what it is, but the new server is very frequently working too slowly for me. 

I did not have that issue with the old server.

On August 21, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Mosizlak said:

These forums blow more than Jsilec during fleet week in New York City. 

Ageed

1 person likes this

On 2016-08-21 at 4:10 PM, malvoc69 said:

Just my opinion but they are no better than what we had and a waste of time and money sorry Rats....

Malvoc out....

I agree to the people critisizing the new layout. You can't easily see what part of the forums have new content and it's displaying a very confusioning situation. I don't like the UI at all, like someone said earlier, it looks "child like" and this forum was apparently made for mobile devices? I liked the old forums because it looked good, had a little bit of "retro" style to it, they were straightforward and they looked way better. IMO money could have been invested better but I don't know the full story to why the forums were changed and I didn't really got what XOOM said in his post. Could we not have "fixed" the old forums if there was anything wrong with it? I don't care if ot looked outdated and WAS outdated, it had all the fucntions we needed. So what do the new forums offer that is better? Sharing on tweitter? Come on... seriously. I really, really hope we did not only switch to the new system because the new kids will feel more attracted to it.

What we had with the old forums may have looked like a pile of stinking [censored] to new players but for US it was a diamond. Now we got a sugarcoated turd imo.

I appreciate the effort but believe the resources have been used wrong.

I have to agree. I've given it time and don't like it. I visit less often now. I'm thinking it's because I just don't enjoy this new forum style as much. 

But, I'm sure there are a couple of Rats that are pleased as punch to see less of me. :lol:

And bring back the old Avatar options. Where is my "Texas Truce" avatar? I was proud to display that. 

Now, most people just have a blank white silhouette where we use to have our avatars. Lame.