muggles

Everything we fought for since campaign started gone in one nights sleep.

36 posts in this topic

Myself and two real life friends of mine have played a lot this campaign; slogging away late into the night twice to secure gains.

Last night we all went to bed happy with ourselves and the campaign... today I wake up to see all the gains we've made plus more reversed.

This all happened after I went to bed Sunday night.

WTF? Something needs to be done about the map moving so much when NO ONE is on.

People might be getting annoyed by me complaining in game but this didn't happen because no one was on.  We(axis) had 1 div in montmedy/carrigan  with the next chance of a new brig 4 to 5 town moves away.. Allies had 2 divs vs our 1 and both towns had ao's on them all day long. I warned hc about brigs getting low on supply about every 15 mins for hours.  When carigan was down to 124 rifles only and no pz, I asked them to start shifting brigs that way and even advised which brigs to move.  HC told me that he wouldn't do it because it would take 2 hrs to reach the area. I explained that when cardigan/mont falls you have to move brigs there anyway to cover hole so start now. He did nothing.  warned again 1 hr later when down to 83 rifles...nothing.  warned again 1 hr later when down to 40 rifles (new brigs would have been there if he started moving when warned). What did hc do, place aos on far south edge attempting to move further west instead of dropping the montafucon brigs back for impending allied break through..  I asked , what are you going to do, wait for mont and carigan to fall before you do anything, by then it will be too late.   45 min later car had zero supply and fell. Then, as expected, hc started to move brigs back but way too late now.   Then the bias crap started.. "why do the allies always have equipment and we don't", "its because allies have more people and our stuff is nerfed" etc..    Axis held those towns all day long vs double the allied equipment #s.  There was no crs allied bias. Axis players fought great but HC non action is what caused the downfall.

21 minutes ago, ibshot said:

I warned hc about brigs getting low on supply about every 15 mins for hours...

...Axis players fought great but HC non action is what caused the downfall.

This is important to note because there was HC on, and the typical solution given when a front collapse ruins player's fun is "join HC". In this situation being a HC member would have done nothing unless you had superior rank. Even if you had rank you would have had to go through the unpleasant process of arguing with and pulling rank on another HC member. Then afterward you would probably have to write up some stupid AAR in the forums justifying why you pulled rank and what happened afterward. I'm sure some people enjoy that in a video game, judging from some people's posts that is what they consider the game(paperwork and roleplaying as high command politicians) not the actual fighting, but for everyone else it sucks.

This is why HC control of supply needs to go. Even with that gone I think that they will manage to screw up AOs constantly and make players angry.

3 hours ago, muggles said:

WTF? Something needs to be done about the map moving so much when NO ONE is on.

Sounds familiar. TZ3  for years maybe?

Curious to hear the GHC response.  It's called reading a map, but, even if you don't know how to do it well, when you start getting advice from players explaining what is happening, you should listen.

Sometimes HC takes chances, and they don't work out.  But, allowing a 2 on 1 to exist all day and watch flags empty; and be warned about what is going on, and still not moving flags back, that does seem a bit strange.

1 hour ago, petie said:

Timeframe? 

It's in progress and is a priority item. Testing phase to begin within the next month internally according to the current schedule.

1 hour ago, delems said:

Curious to hear the GHC response.  It's called reading a map, but, even if you don't know how to do it well, when you start getting advice from players explaining what is happening, you should listen.

Sometimes HC takes chances, and they don't work out.  But, allowing a 2 on 1 to exist all day and watch flags empty; and be warned about what is going on, and still not moving flags back, that does seem a bit strange.

Because some of them are too arrogant to accept help or even admit they don't know what they are doing. 

2 people like this

Is there a web map still avaialble online somewhere? Haven't been full online yet, but checked the map yesterday and seemed like Axis had the most town captures so far. Really sad if everything is lost overnight, doesn't matter which side. 

15 minutes ago, gretnine said:

Is there a web map still avaialble online somewhere? Haven't been full online yet, but checked the map yesterday and seemed like Axis had the most town captures so far. Really sad if everything is lost overnight, doesn't matter which side. 

https://webmap.wwiionline.com/

29 minutes ago, saintj said:

HC sucks ?

Some do, that's for sure. 

With flags going the way of the dodo, it will limit the damage incompetent HC guys can do to the map.  No more cutoffs and routes because some guy can't figure out the map and supply. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, XOOM said:

Welcome to the justification of 1.36.

Cant come soon enough at this point...........also death lag is creeping back so a quick peek at that may be warranted as well.

50 minutes ago, bmw said:

Cant come soon enough at this point...........also death lag is creeping back so a quick peek at that may be warranted as well.

Weird, eh ?

I hadn't had any invisible EI since the patch or CP warping then had a few instances the last few times I've logged in. :(

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Because some of them are too arrogant to accept help or even admit they don't know what they are doing. 

winner, winner, chicken dinner.    My brief return to the Axis side was met with GHC officers refusing to communicate or taking advise from players, there are so many experienced players on both sides and they are willing to help out when need. It will be a VERY LONG time until you see me again on the Axis side.  Good Luck.

2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Some do, that's for sure. 

With flags going the way of the dodo, it will limit the damage incompetent HC guys can do to the map.  No more cutoffs and routes because some guy can't figure out the map and supply. 

Well I was actually looking for a clarification from Xoom as I am sure he did not meant it in a bad way. 

Other than that we are all humans.

26 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Weird, eh ?

I hadn't had any invisible EI since the patch or CP warping then had a few instances the last few times I've logged in. :(

My instances weren't really "invisible" but the old get killed and 2 sec later the EI turns the corner while still shooting scenario.  Happened several times in city fighting the other night before I just logged and said forget it.

12 hours ago, david01 said:

This is important to note because there was HC on, and the typical solution given when a front collapse ruins player's fun is "join HC". In this situation being a HC member would have done nothing unless you had superior rank. Even if you had rank you would have had to go through the unpleasant process of arguing with and pulling rank on another HC member. Then afterward you would probably have to write up some stupid AAR in the forums justifying why you pulled rank and what happened afterward. I'm sure some people enjoy that in a video game, judging from some people's posts that is what they consider the game(paperwork and roleplaying as high command politicians) not the actual fighting, but for everyone else it sucks.

This is why HC control of supply needs to go. Even with that gone I think that they will manage to screw up AOs constantly and make players angry.

This is so far from reality that I can tell you've never been in HC long enough to learn so.  

8 hours ago, XOOM said:

It's in progress and is a priority item. Testing phase to begin within the next month internally according to the current schedule.

VoMLG.gif

Supply mechanics should of never been trusted to be run by players, especially to this degree.  But hey what did someone who had more players on in their squad nightly than you have today on the entire server know. 

Funny part is the game is still here after being subjected to this torture for 10years.  One can only wonder if all the time developing crap was actually used to make the game better.

Another pro tip- your ao system is and always has been complete garbage.  Anyone should be able to place an attack objective with enough players on mission.  This allowed for leaders to evolve and develop into the real deal.  Your crap ao/hc fan club reduced leadership and gameplay to p1 the flashing box herding sim.  If that's all you can get out of this game ...your not even close.

Love

The oracle oj

14 minutes ago, sg1 said:

Supply mechanics should of never been trusted to be run by players, especially to this degree.  But hey what did someone who had more players on in their squad nightly than you have today on the entire server know. 

Funny part is the game is still here after being subjected to this torture for 10years.  One can only wonder if all the time developing crap was actually used to make the game better.

Another pro tip- your ao system is and always has been complete garbage.  Anyone should be able to place an attack objective with enough players on mission.  This allowed for leaders to evolve and develop into the real deal.  Your crap ao/hc fan club reduced leadership and gameplay to p1 the flashing box herding sim.  If that's all you can get out of this game ...your not even close.

Love

The oracle oj

So, the mechanics should instead be handled by squad leaders that don't give a damn for anyone else's play but that squad rather then HC officers that have a specific responsibility to ALL players?  Effectively handing supply AND attack mechanics to whomever has the most people on in a day or that moment?  Pearl Harbor attacks the norm?

That's still player run, just in the hands of those squads, not anyone else, and only good for the time those leaders are on, screw everyone else.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, sg1 said:

Anyone should be able to place an attack objective with enough players on mission.  This allowed for leaders to evolve and develop into the real deal.  

Love

The oracle oj

This !!!!