muggles

Everything we fought for since campaign started gone in one nights sleep.

36 posts in this topic

I prefer the system as is now, BUT, i also agree with the change to town based supply.. Its all about pop, not enough HC online.  The current system adds a huge strategic layer that is great for game, but without active hc, i agree it sucks.  

And yes, hc make mistakes and get arrogant.  It's a tough as hell job. Many ppl complain, but don't take the responsibility to help hc change aos, fbs, guard etc.. MOIC is tough w/ 10hc online to help, imagine how tough it is running it alone.  Try checking supply, moving KGs, checking fallbacks, all while doing the things PB wont do like busting FBs, running frus, checking cp, fbs.  It goes both ways, lets help each other.  PB complain, i agree hc should listen to them and react and address it on comms.  PB can help as well, for example.  instead of complaining about a crap AO etc.. try this approach.. HC I see a great AO opportunity.  If you place it I can get the FB and get squadies to run frus/atgs for settup.  We have lots of great players and HC, no one is perfect,, come with solutions and HC should do their best to support PB opinions and support them however we can.

S!

Capping 20 towns a night ; that's why we can't have nice campaigns.

See how amazingly it never happens during weekends nights. 

Its so funny... back in the day.. when towns got rolled because of no Ao's and no EWS and of when most people where online (hell there was even a club of squads wich where called the breakfast club just to log in when most allieds where sleeping just to roll the map) people started to complain ... then we got Ao's and EWS and Toe's and now people are complaining again ... 

imho : 

P1 : get rid of the stats page 

2 :  make a system where, if an hc is on.. he can set an ao. But if he is not on or afk, than the system says ok people these towns can be attacked (depending if you own an fb, that should teach/learn people the importance of fb's) set ur vote. Most votes that town gets an ao within 10 mins, should give people time to set frus and such.

This also goes for withdrawing an AO, if an active hc is on then he can withdraw. If no hc on / afk, then system gives a message after for example 1  hr of the AO popping up, do you want the ao to stay up.. yes or no.. most votes, if no then after  15 or 30 mins...same question.. and so on....

3: Only 1 ao at all times... that way you get battles .. and not capping a a ghost town because the other side doesnt have the manpower to cover both ..or even 3 ao's ...

Just my 2 cents... 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, sg1 said:

Funny part is the game is still here after being subjected to this torture for 10years.  One can only wonder if all the time developing crap was actually used to make the game better.

Another pro tip- your ao system is and always has been complete garbage.  Anyone should be able to place an attack objective with enough players on mission.  This allowed for leaders to evolve and develop into the real deal.  Your crap ao/hc fan club reduced leadership and gameplay to p1 the flashing box herding sim.  If that's all you can get out of this game ...your not even close.

The unfortunate thing is that all the players that may not have liked the HC concept but stepped up to keep things operating were just prolonging a bad system. If the game had experienced a severe shortage of HC in the past then the devs would have reevaluated the system much earlier.

Population based AOs would at least create an incentive for squads to either cooperate or grow larger. One reason that there are so many tiny squads is that there's no real reward for getting bigger. In fact I can't think of a single non-cosmetic benefit of being apart of a squad except their own chat channel, which randoms can setup anyway.

4 hours ago, Kilemall said:

So, the mechanics should instead be handled by squad leaders that don't give a damn for anyone else's play but that squad rather then HC officers that have a specific responsibility to ALL players?  Effectively handing supply AND attack mechanics to whomever has the most people on in a day or that moment?  Pearl Harbor attacks the norm?

That's still player run, just in the hands of those squads, not anyone else, and only good for the time those leaders are on, screw everyone else.

I never felt more welcome in game than on the large combined squad nights, there was so much to do and so many people that needed help they would take anyone that was willing and incorporate them in to their ops. Big squads had the resources to train new players. I think that squads operating for their own enjoyment created more and better content for everyone than HC operating by some kind of forced altruism.

Also players resupplying units manually through the game world creates an opportunity for fighting and cooperation, more importantly it does this outside of an AO so more the huge game world(one of the selling points of this game) gets used and at any time. I don't know what you think HC is doing when they move a flag but no one can participate in or oppose it unlike a huge column of tanks or trucks moving to the front.

1 hour ago, david01 said:

I never felt more welcome in game than on the large combined squad nights, there was so much to do and so many people that needed help they would take anyone that was willing and incorporate them in to their ops. Big squads had the resources to train new players. I think that squads operating for their own enjoyment created more and better content for everyone than HC operating by some kind of forced altruism.

Also players resupplying units manually through the game world creates an opportunity for fighting and cooperation, more importantly it does this outside of an AO so more the huge game world(one of the selling points of this game) gets used and at any time. I don't know what you think HC is doing when they move a flag but no one can participate in or oppose it unlike a huge column of tanks or trucks moving to the front.

Ah yes, the glory days. 

An entirely different picture if you weren't in one of those groups, or the group was not on, or you were on the receiving end of such a group on and none on your side.

Those groups also got cohesion based on pushing their local or global pop advantage around, the supremacy sell, rather then earned battle.

And a lot of people stuck with being beat on for years past all reason, mostly because this was a unique enough game and the dream was fresh.

The OJ crowd never consider the losses of people that unsubbed based on the bully boy play you guys brought.  Or likely give a crap, considering the consistent complaints of not having the perfect killing pit on demand anymore.

If I knew I would be downsized in a few months my heart would not be in the work at hand either.

I've been trying to hold out for the steam release, but being that I'm a mostly TZ3 player (I work til 1am); I'm kinda turned off by the player numbers at that hour.

I wanted to play as Allies, but my heart always goes out to the underdogs in times like this. I'm used to the Axis side completely stomping the Allies.  

Hopefully we get a huge influx of players and even out the sides when the steam release hits. 

Edited by d3f3nd3r

5 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Ah yes, the glory days. 

An entirely different picture if you weren't in one of those groups, or the group was not on, or you were on the receiving end of such a group on and none on your side.

Those groups also got cohesion based on pushing their local or global pop advantage around, the supremacy sell, rather then earned battle.

And a lot of people stuck with being beat on for years past all reason, mostly because this was a unique enough game and the dream was fresh.

The OJ crowd never consider the losses of people that unsubbed based on the bully boy play you guys brought.  Or likely give a crap, considering the consistent complaints of not having the perfect killing pit on demand anymore.

Every problem that you listed with squads was amplified with the HC system. The average player is now more excluded from participating in the strategy game than ever, and the imbalance between HC or from not having sufficient HC online is far worse than anything that ever happened with squads. Even the tank camping is worse. With all of this I can't imagine that subscription retention is somehow better than it was with squads.

Also efficiently managing population is how a lower populated team can counter a higher pop team. Push pop quickly to where it's most effective, pull it when it's useless and a tight team can withstand or even beat a less-organized blob. It's how evenly-populated teams have a winner. If you have led players in an online environment you should know this. If you view such a fundamental video game strategy as unsportsmanlike and have a seething resentment for players that do it then that explains why HC is so dysfunctional and the level of play under them is so low.

Welcome to WW2ol...

Wait..What? Something is being done to fix this after how many years....

I don't think there has ever been a campaign that hasn't been won on TZ 3, you work hard, fight hard, you work together to win 1 or 2 towns in prime EU and US go to sleep wake  the advance you done was entirely reverse and now it's much worst but since you are trying to recapture what you lost in PrimeTime the sides are too balance to make any advancement..

My solution to fix something like this would be a hard limit of towns you could cap on low pop and pop imbalance or capture timers tied to the highest server population on the underpop side in 12/24h and according to ratio increase CP capture timers, Ao placement, Brigade Movement and timers for CPS to be capable.