• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
david01

Remove the warning from the help channel

5 posts in this topic

There doesn't need to be this message:

"The help channel is only for technical assistance between players. For non-combat general chatter, please use the 'side' channel"

In orange font every time someone posts advice or a question. All it does is annoy people giving advice and discourage newbs from asking questions.

I don't understand how this is so annoying, could you elaborate?

Keeping that message up there has been successful in keeping communications orientated around helping others.

46 minutes ago, XOOM said:

I don't understand how this is so annoying, could you elaborate?

Keeping that message up there has been successful in keeping communications orientated around helping others.

It's annoying because it's a warning message that doesn't need to be there and can't ever be turned off.

The help channel is dead most of the time and I see questions asked on side chat instead despite(more likely because of) the warning. A channel that's called "help" and has a question mark as an icon doesn't need a full line of text explaining that it's for helping people and answering questions.

The warning is there for the  'few'  abusers that may use the channel for non-Help comm, but you see ...

[wait for it]

The poor chap who is new to game may barely have ballz to post what they ashamedly think may be a 'stupid question' for vet players or upper level mods to answer ... then, when they scrape up those guts and do it --» BAM! They get that warning like a cerebus guard dog in their face barking not to mess around on this channel, which may include them (in their minds) if the higher players/mods responding feel like their query equates to time wasting trolling drivel. It is just not UI+F (user interface friendly). This is just my 2cents though.