• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New job posting.   02/23/2019

The Community Management team is looking for war correspondents to provide news stories or after action reports to be published on our website and our Steam forums.  Player correspondents imbedded with a squad is fine along with reporters overall who might want to produce stories about the campaign, a piece of equipment, a battle or a skirmish - all stories are encouraged and welcome.  If intertested in a volunteer war correspondent position apply at Tman@corneredrats.com
ezeight65

will Axis get the MG 42?

6 posts in this topic

If so, when?  Now that Allies are getting the new Browning .30 cal, I was wondering if the MG 42 is in the pipeline at all.

EZ

The MG42 is something that hasn't yet been placed on the roadmap / development pipeline for weapons to achieve. The purpose of adding the .30 caliber for the Allied forces is to help balance out with the MG34, a very superior weapon. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but the ETA is to be determined and/or the exact plan as to how to introduce it (considering many balancing factors).

1 person likes this

Historically, I believe the MG 42 barrels had to be changed out frequently because of the heat they generated by the extremely high ROF.  Maybe one way to balance out this MG on the battlefield would be to add "over-heating" and a 5-sec. cool-down timer to encourage players to use only short bursts of fire.

EZ

20 hours ago, ezeight65 said:

Historically, I believe the MG 42 barrels had to be changed out frequently because of the heat they generated by the extremely high ROF.  Maybe one way to balance out this MG on the battlefield would be to add "over-heating" and a 5-sec. cool-down timer to encourage players to use only short bursts of fire.

EZ

That would be unrealistic the MG 34 had the same problem, German Gunners were train only to use burst when using the MG 34 and MG 42, you don't need a cool-down that feels too arcade RedOrchestra does it right you shoot too much the barrel dies and you have to change barrels no barrels left no more fire.

Ingame the MG 34 handles like the MG 42, the MG 34 was more accurate due to slight lower rate off fire and it was possible to do semi-auto fire with a dual trigger it had and for me the MG 34 has better sights.

If you want to see how a MG 42 can be correctly model just check RO or RO2 the recoil is well made there it has an initial big kick when you first shoot it.

So if CRS can't add fire modes the MG 42 would just have a slightly better ROF.

The main advantage is belt fed from a ammo carrier.  But with tracers all advantage on either the MG34 or the 30cal will be disappointing. 

Remove the tracers and you'll get my interest back.

8 hours ago, pbveteran said:

That would be unrealistic the MG 34 had the same problem, German Gunners were train only to use burst when using the MG 34 and MG 42, you don't need a cool-down that feels too arcade RedOrchestra does it right you shoot too much the barrel dies and you have to change barrels no barrels left no more fire.

Ingame the MG 34 handles like the MG 42, the MG 34 was more accurate due to slight lower rate off fire and it was possible to do semi-auto fire with a dual trigger it had and for me the MG 34 has better sights.

If you want to see how a MG 42 can be correctly model just check RO or RO2 the recoil is well made there it has an initial big kick when you first shoot it.

So if CRS can't add fire modes the MG 42 would just have a slightly better ROF.

There are already plenty of other aspects about this game very arcade-y -- namely, spawning / despawning...but I see your point.   In any case, I didn't know that the MG34 had the same barrel issue as the MG42 -- particularly in light on the 34's slower ROF.  An education, thanks.  I like your RO/RO2 modeling suggestion as well.