petie

LAG

26 posts in this topic

UNSUBBING because of it, no mention of being worked on, so if this is how it is t o be,m goodbye

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petie said:

UNSUBBING because of it, no mention of being worked on, so if this is how it is t o be,m goodbye

Come on @petie... I think you're being a little unfair here. My PM box or e-mail is open for any questions. We were just discussing it in our meeting today and have been trying to figure out what's going on.

Please don't assume that just because something isn't being mentioned nothing is happening.

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup Its back.

XOOM acknowledged they know about it so Im sure its on the top of the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jphartt said:

The rest of his day...

7fewIJx.gif

 

Now that there is funny as sh^T  lol.  

But yeah, it's back. Not sure how something like this just comes back. But I'm not a coder, so I don't claim to understand any of this. 

I finally got tired of it and just finished a new build. Spent $1200 and I went from 25fps to 120fps. Tadah! Lag mostly gone. ... mostly. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rotsechs said:

Haven't noticed lag but offset is back.

I dunno if it's offset, but I've been killed a few times by EI that just appeared out of nowhere right in front of me. 

 

500 year old code...this game needs a total rewrite :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes this is frustrating 

but I would say 

our game and community have come very far in the last year

its not the time to throw in the towel yet

hang in there

and ya go blow up some fbs or fly when it is really bad

S! 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, elfin said:

yes this is frustrating 

but I would say 

our game and community have come very far in the last year

its not the time to throw in the towel yet

hang in there

and ya go blow up some fbs or fly when it is really bad

S! 

Precisely, great words @elfin. We'll get them taken care of, the team is doing great things and your support remains vital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although its better than it ever has been, The LAG needs improved even if it calls for new hardware or sofware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cooperhawk said:

Although its better than it ever has been, The LAG needs improved even if it calls for new hardware or sofware.

Roger that, working on it. Thanks for being patient. S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kidd27 said:

Game performance issues are a top priority for the rats

Yes it definitely is. We have been having some late night discussions trying to kick this thing in the pants back into shape.

Although you guys don't see that day-day we're talking about this sorta thing, it certainly is happening. 

Part of this continuous delivery of software that we've adopted, we are typically able to isolate it to a certain time period where these performance issues crept up. It's particularly hard in this case because a lot of different variables are at play. Our developers, quality assurance and community management team are all collaborating to find answers and replicate the problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XOOM said:

Yes it definitely is. We have been having some late night discussions trying to kick this thing in the pants back into shape.

Although you guys don't see that day-day we're talking about this sorta thing, it certainly is happening. 

Part of this continuous delivery of software that we've adopted, we are typically able to isolate it to a certain time period where these performance issues crept up. It's particularly hard in this case because a lot of different variables are at play. Our developers, quality assurance and community management team are all collaborating to find answers and replicate the problems. 

What surprises me more is that the lag was unexistant - especially inside CP - during the first real public release of 1.35 (before the first patche that came 2 or 3 days after).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2016 at 7:04 AM, major0noob said:

it was dream-like singleplayer mode in the first betas, even more amazing than modern shooters.

...except the bush texture rendering was shut off.

 

I don't see a ton of lag, and when I shoot an EI they typically fall down immediately.  That's a damned sight better than pre-1.35.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

...except the bush texture rendering was shut off.

 

I don't see a ton of lag, and when I shoot an EI they typically fall down immediately.  That's a damned sight better than pre-1.35.

 

At distance its not as bad, almost no lag.......but up close its creeping back up to bad.  When you get shot and die and the guy runs around the corner after your dead and see him on deathcam you know its back.

Seems to be only an issue when its close quarters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep... it happened to me last night. I was at the top of the stairs in a cp, half a mag gets dumped into me from a Thompson and nobody was even there. 

Ghostly shootings! Oh my!

 

I dot reported it, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always the same names get me usually before I can even press the mouse fire button even tho I have the element on surprise in where I am hope we get a level playing field soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly is top on our list. 

Spent some time last night testing a potential fix to part of the issue. Some of the other stuff may be corrected after our colo work at the summit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2016 at 4:47 PM, martigan said:

Always the same names get me usually before I can even press the mouse fire button even tho I have the element on surprise in where I am hope we get a level playing field soon

If its the same issues as before.....the best thing to do is not be in a stationary position especially around depots.  Constantly moving is the best thing.......well at least it was back then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.