Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parasit

Less & Fake AOs

6 posts in this topic

Last weekend, I was on with squaddies and we have been quiet a bunch online. We all loved seeing an attack or defense with a lot players fighting against each other. It reminded me of the time a few years back.

I keep on thinking, what players like are big battles. So how can we get big battles and not lose the momentum of the game. So I came up with the idea of reducing the AO's to one or maybe two if there is a lot players online on both sides. But to keep the fun in the game, give HC the possibility to set fake AOs. Fake AOs mean AOs that can only be seen from the other side and where HC has the possibility to set single or double EWS for a certain time.

This is just a rough idea, but could bring the fun back in the game. As it makes players be more condensed on one single spot. And it will be possible to setup an AO without being seen on EWS.

I like the idea of 'fake AOs'. Its a good one step beyond the current 'fake EWS' often used pre-AO placement in an attempt to deceive or confuse. 

As a general principle, wouldn't want that, toom uch of a giveaway for overpop.

As a pop neutrality measure for the underpop, maybe, although I would prefer they got real AOs so they can continue to attack even if the FB for the main AO goes down.

I'd say absolutely not.

One AO is a terrible feature for this game and should be removed as soon as possible (i.e. never less than 2 AOs at all times).  First, it is gamed all the time, 2nd, if there is one AO, this game becomes nothing more than a single town, single spawn place shooter - and there are plenty of those available on the market already.

1 person likes this

How about fake brigades. In the real ww2 didnt Rommel make fake tanks of wood and Ike in England made fake airfields with fake planes to simulate units that were really phantom.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0