captcrayon

How will steam help this game financially

55 posts in this topic

On 01/09/2016 at 1:09 PM, bmw said:

Not that I would like this AT ALL but......... a cash shop for F2P people only.  Want a T3 Tank.....? Ok $2.00.  Oops.....you got blown up in 5 min? Cha ching.......another $2.00.  In the long run it would be cheaper to sub.

Yeah.  Rent a tank or airplane (if available in spawn list) for 24hrs $0.99.

1 person likes this

Heck Give them the option of 24 hour access to everything for $0.99

Will end up paying more than the cost of a subscription that way  

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, agenda21 said:

Yeah.  Rent a tank or airplane (if available in spawn list) for 24hrs $0.99.

Heck of an idea!

Problem I see is new players won't have the rank to try the "toys" if they had access to them. I'm not a developer, but think it would be a coding nightmare with the current software as well.

On 2016/8/29 at 11:17 PM, XOOM said:

他们实际上温床玩家,然而二战在线是不是真的建为“他们”。就像今天的很多市场份额,人们寻找速战速决/即时满足类游戏。试图塑造这个游戏成是我们历史上的重大失误之一,但它肯定是由外部势力的影响。

在其核心,二战在线是有条不紊,从其他游戏不同的故意。这是利基的高度,但它仍然可以通过许多非常愉快的,如果他们  愿意投资的时候,看到它的潜力。 

我不是太熟悉中国法律具体涉及游戏,但我敢肯定,他们有非常严格的法律,这就是为什么我们在中国的合作伙伴有他自己的公司,服务器设置在那里。本场比赛并没有在这个市场上做的很好,所以想...在花费大量的时间与有二战在线可能不是一个明智的选择。

I can connect to the players, they are very much agree with the core concept of WW2 games. They do not like the world of tanks, fighter world kind of fast, timely to meet the game, we believe that the team's collaboration, tactical layout, orderly battle is the most attractive place for us to play the game.
As for your team in China, they are irresponsible and foolish, so they are not doing well.
As for the promotion of Chinese players, I think we do not need a lot of investment, design and production of a Chinese interface registration and download the game as well as the payment page. About how to download and pay for work in the United States I have been in the Chinese players in the promotion, but I want to have an official Chinese page.
In addition: I would like to try to apply to be an administrator on the Chinese Forum of the game. Do not know it?

Chinese players need to download page

14211968_1231774253554568_57163209153436

Chinese players need to register page

14225347_1231774270221233_57581464986739

14192733_1231774273554566_40365898756744

Chinese players need to recharge page

14224956_1231774360221224_58068838214500

On 2016/8/30 at 5:14 AM, cmay123 said:

也许作为一个中国语言翻译选项即可为网站和游戏菜单的东西可能是让那些中国球员会是谁愿意使用美国服务器具有成本效益的方式吗?让谁现在做游戏是嘴联络,所以不需要营销这个词很少。显然,建设一个翻译算法在聊天框中会的工作,但至少菜单的可能没有太多的时间和投资进行转换。 

Chinese menu is actually very simple, just in order to facilitate the Chinese players to download the registration and recharge. Especially given Chinese recharge, recharge PayPal page most convenient is very important.
They cannot read English contact I don't know how to China game player, recharge, many of which are by my PayPal account recharge.

On 2016/9/4 at 1:08 AM, petie said:

哎呀给他们24小时出入选项,一切$ 0.99

最终将超过认购成本付出更多这样  

I think this is a good idea:)
Requires more and more flexible charging methods to attract different players

Chinese server used to experiment, for example, the Tiger tank, each is 8 cents, about 10 cents, the results failed.:wacko:

On 02.09.2016 at 2:58 AM, lipton said:

If you're worried about he financial future of this game ... then pony up ! "Free Play Account" ?? Seriously ?? It's $ 5 ffs !

Are you kiding ? For such graphics and such sever pop ? LOL.

32 minutes ago, murzick said:

Are you kiding ? For such graphics and such sever pop ? LOL.

My sub also pays for your hate.

Well, my father used to say... "If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain" 

If you don't pay to play...

14 minutes ago, lipton said:

Well, my father used to say ... "If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain" 

If you don't pay to play ...

Read by lips: - Has been payed since 2009. But in 2015-2016 game do not cost his price. Keywords 'graphics' and 'animation'.

P.S. To be fair - other aspects of this game are perfect and having huge potential.

lipton

Except the forums are for feed back to CRS.  I would think they want feedback on the open forums to see what might entice F2P players to actually pay for the game.  You know, those people who are in theory supposed to come in and provide population and an infusion of cash.  Of course it's much easier to be high and mighty and suppress their opinions.  The same stuff that happens on the closed forums.

Edited by saroninf2p

3 hours ago, saroninf2p said:

lipton

Except the forums are for feed back to CRS.  I would think they want feedback on the open forums to see what might entice F2P players to actually pay for the game.  You know, those people who are in theory supposed to come in and provide population and an infusion of cash.  Of course it's much easier to be high and mighty and suppress their opinions.  The same stuff that happens on the closed forums.

lol noob went f2p

8 hours ago, Lob12 said:

lol noob went f2p

With both accounts. I paid for the game for 15 years. It no longer lives up to my expectations for the money. I wish the rats the best but I won't pay for a product I'm not satisfied with. Going f2p is a good option to jump in game every now and then. 

17 hours ago, lipton said:

Well, my father used to say... "If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain" . If you don't pay to play ...

Situation as see it I'm:

I'm well remember (I'm in the game since 2006) how year after years (close to dozen), our lovely RATs did nothing (almost), just raise a subscription. MM managed and rule forum, and they all togather call this situation 'BUSINESS'. In the years !  And quidam call this situation 'My Project, My Rules'.

LOL (of coure, your rules, who doubt).

They just collect money, ignored and ban those who offer improve, and did nothing in years. Playerbase (include me) paid literaly for nothing. To be fair gameplay were fun, but some aralm rings rare but began to ring. For example lowpop in TZ3 existed in this game FOREVER ! Believe me I'm living in the heart of TZ3.

One day they woke up and discover that their server is empty and every new [censored] that issued in Steam as startup looking better then their emeritus 'project'. LOL

Too late to draw audience but not a gone case.

As I said I loved this game. Engine is still perfect even now. Gameplay perfect ! Mechanic is also perfect ! Perfect almost all. They have ALL to fix situation.
Ugly just persona animation, 3/4 of small arms, explosion, stamina system, grenade throw mechanic. Nothing hopeless.

But they feverishly begin to fix secondary cause of lowpop and repainted vehicles and called that 'patches'. I'm waited 1.35 about 5 years and upon get it. And can't find even 3 differences with previous version from 2009-2010.
Their 'patch' occur same like their 'BUSUNESS'. With same stamina mech where persina pinned to the ground up to 2 minutes, With same WARP mech with its 8 steps 'to do' and SD before each step.

Correct me, now you offer to me pay next 5 years ?

I have 2 pieces of advice

NOOB FRIENDLY,  
those with low ranks have aids to help them in game, like markers that pop up showing where enemy unit is for a moment.
That marker stay longer if they  subscribed.
As they keep ranking up the pointers become infrequent, eventually going away.

SWAG
that is decoration they can buy and apply.  The game does support badges, just needs to be expanded.

I do have a lot of other more focused advice, for another time.

It's all about numbers.

More players = more interest = more players = more willing to pay.

Make this game fun - and accessible - for FTP and this game will grow.

Otherwise... eh.

6 hours ago, mrahklem said:

It's all about numbers.

More players = more interest = more players = more willing to pay.

Make this game fun - and accessible - for FTP and this game will grow.

Otherwise... eh.

People here are unwilling to allow the game to have a competitive or even a pleasant F2P option, so anyone that tries F2P has a bad experience and leaves and there is no retention. F2P having basic spawn options and early level equipment is standard in other games, free players are not going to convert with current petty stuff like "no binoculars" they will just go play the dozen other F2P games. They don't even appear to be sticking around on the server, the game doesn't have a healthy F2P population.

Also the game does need more numbers, and more numbers will improve things but the problem is that the remaining playerbase here is still opposed to the idea of organized play or spontaneous play because those things create imbalance. If an online community from another game came in with say, 50 players there would be cries about overpop and threats to unsubscribe just like there used to be years ago. All players are expected to operate in the same loosely-connected mob under HC and evenly split to each faction and fight properly in these little containment zones(but not too hard, else the map might be upset) with no attachment to their faction or their guild. That might be a way to maintain balance but that's not how you get enthusiasm or growth in a MMO like this.

3 hours ago, david01 said:

If an online community from another game came in with say, 50 players there would be cries about overpop and threats to unsubscribe just like there used to be years ago. 

except that just happened (within the last 2 weeks) and there weren't ... 

I actually have a good question to ask to any dev about steam gift cards.  Since this game is going to be released on steam soon, will steam cards be able to work for this game?  For starters instead of subscribing for so and so a month, is it possible that since this game will be part of steam and not many people would like to use subscribing online,  would steam gift cards be able to work as a means of subscribing? Meaning I can buy a $20 steam card at a store and redeem it on here for say 2 months of having the full game.  I just wanted to know if it could be possible since A LOT of MMO games out there have already been using game cards as a use of subscribing to their game since there are a lot of people out there who don't want to subscribe by online, meaning paying debit or credit online.  I feel this idea could also help this game financially in the future if this gave anyone any ideas.

On 9/1/2016 at 2:55 AM, Kilemall said:

In one way I agree with you, F2P is NOT an enticing experience if you are not gobsmacked by the whole Big Battle/War thing.  They don't give it a chance, they don't convert to subs.

On the other hand, there has to be a reason to pay, at some point the superior equipment has to be behind a paywall, and if too many items are F2P, the Rats gut the existing paybase who just then switch to F2P permanently because everything they want is there.

So, criticism is easy, architecting solutions is hard- where do you draw the line with the different accounts to achieve both objectives?

That's why the subscription based model should change. New players coming into the game expect a more modern type of F2P where the main game is free..if you're willing to play the countless amount of hours to unlock everything with a sprinkle bonuses items for the people paying money to advert the grind and have the status of an officer uniform or camo netting for their panzer. Perhaps a bayonet for their rifle? The possibilities are really endless. 

Every new player starts off as a free player, and once they reach that 2nd rank where they're stuck with nothing to unlock which in turn means nothing new to do in the game to have fun with there is that split decision the players makes whether they're going to

1. Continue as a free player with nothing new to do or acomplish which has a good chance of the player leaving the game

2. Shell out the 15 dollars a month to be able to continue to grind out their rank to unlock the things that make this game fun, which they wont have access to when they stop paying every month.

I think we need to look at these numbers and consider the fact that people are simply turned off by the subs and it will stunt any long term growth of the game.

Games like Warthunder, Planetside, heck even Hero's and Generals all provide a reasonably fantastic FTP experience with the promise of being able to continue to get consistent progression, fun, and sense of accomplishment, all for free with no necessary reason to pay money besides the simple fact that they enjoy the game, and want X item whether it be a supplement to their progression, a cosmetic, or some bonus gear.

When WWIIOL releases to steam these games are going to be its direct competitor if it decides to continue to market as "Free to Play" and in comparison to those games, people are going to look at WWIIOL and say that this not Free to Play, more like free to try and it will likely show in the reviews. 

Really there wouldn't even be a need to take out the very valuable subscription, just do it like the games on this list and instead of making it required, make it mutually beneficial to the player by giving them bonus XP and bonus items every month and maybe sales on cosmetics. Ya know give em some options where they spend their money so they don't feel like they're being forced to spend money.

All in all I love this game and I want nothing more but to see this game successful because it really is a one of a kind gem. Changes and solutions are easier said than done but this Steam release is the last bastion of hope this game has at substantial growth and you only get one shot to make a good and lasting impression.

Call it optimism or inexperience but I think the gameplay as it is now  would hold up to a steam release, shoot even the graphics wouldn't hold it back too much. which is saying a lot but people still play games with dated graphics because the gameplay holds it up. At least this game has clean textures and a great WWII atmosphere. The only thing that really stands to me is a lack of information on the mechanics like bullet drop/lead, damage models and some other stuff that could be fixed by linking a wiki with information in game that players could benefit from. but yeah, I really wanna see this game on the front page of featured games on steam and I have confidence that it will.  BTW Thank you devs for all your time and effort you've put into this game to keep it afloat. The few hours i've put into this game have been some of my favorite in gaming :)