• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
ezeight65

Mandatory 1-hour sidelock.

8 posts in this topic

This won't stop everyone inclined to "cross over" for a sneak peek during engagements (especially those with multiple accounts), but I think a side-lock will deter the most blatant abusers...and let's not kid ourselves: there's a bunch of them on both sides who are ruining the game for the entire community.  ONE HOUR, to at least give the first phase of an attack or organized defense a sporting chance .  'Cause it's starting to get WAY out of hand.

EZ

For many years  many  great  minds involved with this game (players and developers) have tried to  think  of an effective side balance solution ... to no avail.

While there is extreme resistance to the only effective solution we currently know - - side lock, it is viewed as a crude sledgehammer to a problem that opponents perceive will decrease game enjoyment and hence subs. This is a presumption or hypothesis, as it hasn't been 'tested'. I am certainly for CRS 'testing' your 60 minute side-lock idea for an intermission, a tier, complete campaign, or more for quantitative results to be gained and analyzed as to whether it would actually improve the game experience -- or not.

1 person likes this

I usually lobby for a minimum 6 hour side lock up to an 8 hour maximum. The number is tied to recommended sleep patterns and seems to be very reasonable to me. You can always continue to play the same side but to switch you would have to take a break like get some sleep or go to work. I guess that lets you know where I stand on the issue of side lock.

1 person likes this

Private missions and the ability to kick players from a mission would almost totally eliminate this, the solution isn't that hard. It's a basic feature in other MMOs just here the developers and the remaining bitter veterans are afraid that players will go have fun on their own and not involve everyone.

1 person likes this

I would suggest 24-hour side lock. Though i see problems also with seeing of friendly units on map.

On 8/26/2016 at 11:02 PM, vonguff said:

For many years  many  great  minds involved with this game (players and developers) have tried to  think  of an effective side balance solution ... to no avail.

While there is extreme resistance to the only effective solution we currently know - - side lock, it is viewed as a crude sledgehammer to a problem that opponents perceive will decrease game enjoyment and hence subs. This is a presumption or hypothesis, as it hasn't been 'tested'. I am certainly for CRS 'testing' your 60 minute side-lock idea for an intermission, a tier, complete campaign, or more for quantitative results to be gained and analyzed as to whether it would actually improve the game experience -- or not.

He's not talking about "balance", he's talking about the blatant / out of hand cheating that we are told is almost non-existent. 

One hour side-lock does not fix the problem. If someone wants to spy... they will just leave their 2nd or 3rd FTP account on the other side.

And with the new "Balance" ideas mentioned... I imagine those same people will do it anyway, just to keep the underpop side from being too underpop. 

Make it so ALL accounts from the same IP address are forced to play the same side. Problem solved! MULTIPLE problems solved!!

1 hour ago, lipton said:

Make it so ALL accounts from the same IP address are forced to play the same side. Problem solved! MULTIPLE problems solved!!

This I have to agree with.