kirbiea

Tank for Free to play accounts

14 posts in this topic

The free to play accounts don't have tanks. Can Someone next campaign allow the tankette and Armored car to be avalible to free to play?

I am certainly for CRS 'testing' whether this idea would -- or would not, increase subs over a quarter or two, as long as it is the lowest tank of any tier in play for any nation.

1 person likes this

What the game needs first and for most is a 14 day all access trial for every new player, the entire MMO market was created based on this principle and if it wasn't for the past full access trial I would have never subscribed.

(It was the LMG that thought me how to play infantry and get good with the rifle and Stug how to tank and be good using other tanks.)

But yeah of course F2P need access to at least one tank, it's a core feature and one of the best the game has plus there are so few tankers left and the sometimes I see attacks without any tanks?

Here are a few solutions in my opinion I will use Axis Side Examples:

1 - Have access to one tank of inferior strength per tier

PZ IIC , PZ IIIF, PZ IIIH, PZ IV G

Although this might give some frustration for players since each tank per tier is of inferior strength and in some cases useless, it would give them access to tanking in every stage of the campaign.. But this frustration might plant a seed of curiosity to try the best tanks on those tiers and see how better they would be.

2 - Give the best experience possible:

PZ IV G at tier 3(before last tier with Tigers, CH7 and S76) based on my experience this is the most balance and fun tier for tanking.

This will give them the best case scenario for a positive view and see the value on subscribing to experience the tank game but this experience would be limited to that particular tier, which means if that particular player would leave before being elligle to try the tank game, CRS could waste a potential customer. There is the problem of players also has they have the best case scenario see that is enough for them and see no need to subscribe.

3 - Best solution but would need implementation

A system based on equipment points/credit/currency and/or daily tasks for example driving a Tiger would required 1000 points(sortie points), using a Smg would cost 50 or driving a Tiger you would need 500 Points, place an offensive FRU where 20 players spawned, give ammo to a player and tow 1 ATG.

This is the standard F2P model players who don't contribute money, contribute their gameplay time on generating gameplay for other players to make their experience better and more likely to see value on the game, usually this gameplay can be less popular or engaging. This also gives tools to control or improved the usage of particular equipment you can reward more Tows for guns for example by giving more points for this task or make vehicles more popular by reducing their point price increasing their present on the battlefield.

Edited by pbveteran

On 8/27/2016 at 4:49 PM, pbveteran said:

Here are a few solutions in my opinion I will use Axis Side Examples:

1 - Have access to one tank of inferior strength per tier

PZ IIC , PZ IIIF, PZ IIIH, PZ IV GAlthough this might give some frustration for players since each tank per tier is of inferior strength and in some cases useless, it would give them access to tanking in every stage of the campaign.. But this frustration might plant a seed of curiosity to try the best tanks on those tiers and see how better they would be.

I could see this to an extent, say Reserve Pz in the same way we have Reserve Inf.  But I would keep their mitts off the IIIHs and IVGs, that's too important hulls for the paying Axis playerbase to have access to.

2 - Give the best experience possible:

PZ IV G at tier 3(before last tier with Tigers, CH7 and S76) based on my experience this is the most balance and fun tier for tanking.

This will give them the best case scenario for a positive view and see the value on subscribing to experience the tank game but this experience would be limited to that particular tier, which means if that particular player would leave before being elligle to try the tank game, CRS could waste a potential customer. There is the problem of players also has they have the best case scenario see that is enough for them and see no need to subscribe.

Same deal.  IVGs are too favored and heavily used as the tank of preference for general attack and assault work NOT a Tiger.  A IIIG is probably a better choice in that those are underutilized but powerful.

3 - Best solution but would need implementation

A system based on equipment points/credit/currency and/or daily tasks for example driving a Tiger would required 1000 points(sortie points), using a Smg would cost 50 or driving a Tiger you would need 500 Points, place an offensive FRU where 20 players spawned, give ammo to a player and tow 1 ATG.

This is the standard F2P model players who don't contribute money, contribute their gameplay time on generating gameplay for other players to make their experience better and more likely to see value on the game, usually this gameplay can be less popular or engaging. This also gives tools to control or improved the usage of particular equipment you can reward more Tows for guns for example by giving more points for this task or make vehicles more popular by reducing their point price increasing their present on the battlefield.

You may not be aware of this, but there is a long standing proposal called Personal Spawn Limits that has a similar point system, mostly to prevent people from wasting equipment and giving them Fear of Death.  That PSL system sounds like your point system and could be readily adapted to that trial account purpose.

I was under the impression the Rats were switching around equipment for freeplay accounts anyway, giving them tastes of various equipment for a week.  Is that still going on?

What they could do is to include polycrew.

Then also include the ability to polycrew with vehicles already on the map. This feature is important for many reasons, but the reason I included it here, is to make sure free to play people don't need to wait that other guy start with a tank to polycrew.

Anyway with all that made, developers would them, allow free to play account to play on less important parts of the vehicles.

With this, free to play still wont be able to use a vehicle alone and etc.... But they would be able to polycrew with other users.

This do many things:

1-Allow them to get a taste of vehicle feature of the game without being able to fully use it.

2-Train the free to play players on how to use vehicles, by staying with someone that already know how to do it. This is also a important feature to make sure they don't think the game sucks because they are having a hard time with a plane or vehicle.

3-Increase the amount of people that will polycrew.

3.1-Because of point 1 I told here (free to play players only being able to polycrew and not play a vehicle by itself), if some  free to play player want to play with vehicle they will need to polycrew, this will force those players to polycrew increasing the amount of people polycrewing.

On 8/26/2016 at 8:31 PM, ezeight65 said:

Totally on board with this...and I think it would lead to more subscriptions.

EZ

Not sure how giving it to them for free would lead to more subscriptions.  And I like my AFV's. Don't want to all used up by FTP.  Just like Killery, I believe in Play for Pay.

But, I do like the poly-crew idea.

6 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I was under the impression the Rats were switching around equipment for freeplay accounts anyway, giving them tastes of various equipment for a week.  Is that still going on?

Not per week, But Per Campaign

On 29/08/2016 at 7:15 AM, Kilemall said:

I could see this to an extent, say Reserve Pz in the same way we have Reserve Inf.  But I would keep their mitts off the IIIHs and IVGs, that's too important hulls for the paying Axis playerbase to have access to.

I forgot to state that those tanks are per tier the IIc on Tier 0, IIIF on Tier 1, IIIH on Tier 2 and IVG on Tier 3 in this case all this tanks are kinda of a reserve the last tier IVG can struggle a lot with CH7 and S76 this can be frustrating and If I'm not mistaken there are lot or they used to be a lot of IVG on last tier like 25-30 even a few years ago when there were more players the entire pool would be rarely used straight away.

Same deal.  IVGs are too favored and heavily used as the tank of preference for general attack and assault work NOT a Tiger.  A IIIG is probably a better choice in that those are underutilized but powerful.

I would be Ok with IIIG although I think it's a more lethal tank vs tank than the IVG the only bad thing about it is that it didn't age well post RPAT Age. You also have to consider the IIIG is a more unique AFV, in the F2P model unique features/weapons will always be attractive for a F2P. As a new player I would most likely be interested in subscribing to try the IIIG because he is more unique compared to the IIIF or IIIH than a IVG since it's basically a better IIIH.

You see a lot of this in warthunder the premium vehicles the ones you have to pay real money to play are more unique than actually better vehicles, players purchase them similar to cosmetics, except these also have unique gameplay features and mechanics plus it caters to collectors(Whales)

You may not be aware of this, but there is a long standing proposal called Personal Spawn Limits that has a similar point system, mostly to prevent people from wasting equipment and giving them Fear of Death.  That PSL system sounds like your point system and could be readily adapted to that trial account purpose.

I would ethically more incline to support a good player reserve list than personal spawn limits for paying players, at the end of the day you paying for a virtual service (entertainment) sometimes you enjoy the experience other times you don't and to force a customer to play the way you want them to play, goes against the definition of video games plus it just seems a  shady practice for the really really high price you have to pay to play this game, if the game was like 3$ a month or total F2P it could be more understandable.

Edited by pbveteran

I would let F2P multicrew vehicules first. F2P should remain with their "support" role. I wouldn't guarantee them armored equipment.

However there should be ways to TEMPORARILY activate full equipment access to F2P, for instance during a HAAC order.

Eventually allow an OIC of a town/brigade define what equipment - and how much of it (%) - should be available to F2P, with limits TBD.

Or a completely different idea : let ML deploy "heavy equipment" PPOs (tanks, atg, aa...), to be crewed by F2P but without any ability to move. T

The PPO would be visible in field once deployed (and kill-able), and at the same time activate a (multi)crew request.

When a player answer that request, he would spawn in that PPO and take command of gunners and commanders only. 
Some kind of PPO F2P crewed AI-position.

I think the only way possible to give tanks to F2P players  that could work is if they had their own tank supply pool seperate from paid accounts armor supply pool.

I know there are some good F2P players who care about the campaign outcomes.

But there are also some F2P accounts that only test the game out for a week or so and leave.  They could care less what happens on the campaign map.  

It would be too easy for these type of F2P accounts to use up all the armor supply by dieing and spawning over and over in camped ABs leaving no armor left for anyone else and adversely impacting the outcome of battles for everyone else.

The game needs to decide what it wants to do with F2P. If it's to hook new players in to the game or lure old players in to resubscribing then it needs to allow them to participate more. If F2P is meant to fill out the server and provide "content" for subscribers then they need to have a basic spawn in all aspects of the game so they can fill out all aspects of the game. In either case F2P needs to be more enjoyable for the simple fact that most F2P stop playing.

I've seen comments suggesting the latter (F2P are to serve as targets for subscribers) but F2P can't spawn tanks so there's no boon to tank numbers or tank combat for subscribers, it's only a marginal improvement for the tankers that enjoy camping infantry because they have a few more bolt-action infantry spawning. F2P should be given weenie tanks, and if that happens then the numbers of certain weenie tanks need to be buffed in all tiers so subscribers have something to shoot at and F2P have something to spawn. This is a big problem in later tiers, despite being obsolete there will be only 1-3 low level tanks available to spawn. Another problem is that the lowest tanks are really asymmetric, the respective anti-armor capabilities of the vickers, IIc, and R35 are none, fringe, and weak so F2P with the weakest tanks won't provide the same contribution across factions.

I'm sure some will flip out but I think that if there's a F2P triad of tanks it should be H39/A13/Pz38(t). Sure, they're decent tanks in tier 0 and there's the risk of F2P sucking them all up, but they're not the best tanks and so what if they do get used? Maybe players can organize public armor rushes in tier 0 using F2P just like there used to be fighter sweeps. You guys should be using each campaign start as a promotional opportunity anyway and try to get more players involved instead of just posting an announcement as if it's a quaint event at a local library instead of an active MMOFPS.

1 person likes this

This discussion is a little...let me say...beside the target.

Giving free accounts tanks? Tanks are limited so they should be for experienced Players with the needed Rank.

It is possible for free accounts to join a tank as crewmember...but i never have been asked from a recruit if we can multicrew.

I agree that new Players should be able to test all Kind of weapons before they decide to pay or not, but isnt there a Training Server? HEREs the real Problem imo because a recruit cant post missions on the Training Server so he cant even spawn e rifle. THAT should be changed.

Give the free account Players the ability to post missions and spawn what they want on the Training Server. Problem solved. End of discussion ;)

4 hours ago, brandl said:

This discussion is a little...let me say...beside the target.

Giving free accounts tanks? Tanks are limited so they should be for experienced Players with the needed Rank.

It is possible for free accounts to join a tank as crewmember...but i never have been asked from a recruit if we can multicrew.

I agree that new Players should be able to test all Kind of weapons before they decide to pay or not, but isnt there a Training Server? HEREs the real Problem imo because a recruit cant post missions on the Training Server so he cant even spawn e rifle. THAT should be changed.

Give the free account Players the ability to post missions and spawn what they want on the Training Server. Problem solved. End of discussion ;)

This is a good idea.