BADGER

Meet the Rats - Dallas Oct 15, 2016

32 posts in this topic

As announced in the Community Report

The New Rat Team is heading to Dallas, TX to do some planning and work.  This will be the first time the new team has come together in such a large scale.  While their time in Dallas is limited and looks like it will be busy, they are going to take a break Saturday evening at 7:00 PM to meet up with those players who would like to join them. 

The Purpose of this post is to ask for local community members to help give ideas on where we can meet up at the lowest cost possible.

Keep in mind that the company is not paying for this summit or this gathering.  Every Rat attending is funding their trip, lodging, and food from their own pocket.  I am only pointing this out so that everyone knows that there are no subscriptions being utilized to pay for this so no one can complain that their subscription is not going towards the development of the game.  My pointing this out also allows everyone to understand the budget is 0 for this gathering and everyone will have to fund their own way and expenses for the evening.

If you live in the Dallas, TX area and have an idea on where the gathering could take place, please post your idea here.

Can also post if you will be able to meet with us  to help start planning how many folks will be there. 

First Suggestion of where to hold it was Dave and Buster's

If you have another idea and suggestion feel free to post it here. 

Please help spread the word of this meeting and ask anyone interested in joining us to post here. 

1 person likes this

Dave and Busters is pretty loud and crazy (at least the two Dallas locations I have visited).......Pappas restaurants, which own Pappasitos and Pappaduex restaurants in Texas have multiple Dallas locations.....Pappaduex restaurants have meeting rooms which are built into most, if not all locations.....Pappasitos are extremely large Mexican Restaurants with ample seating....Maybe Gas Monkey Bar and Grill (if loud and crazy places are okay)

1 person likes this

Only going off what I was told.  They said they had meeting rooms at Dave and Busters, but never been to the ones in Dallas so not sure myself.  Will look into the others you suggested too.  Since there is no budget cost is a factor too.   Since they Rats are all paying their way to the summit I am also looking to keep their costs down too.

As Badger mentioned, we'll be looking at a private meeting room if we can (cost pending) @colsmith. Will you be there?

1 person likes this

I live here of course. 

It would greatly help knowing the effective area you are working in as DFW is a big place so transit time is a factor, and if dinner is to be part of this meeting.  We have to be careful with our choices as many venues are busy on Saturday night, some might even have live entertainment events.

Dave and Busters is a sports bar/video game venue.  There are meeting rooms as I recall but I expect there are charges for them.

http://www.daveandbusters.com/dallas

1 person likes this

Hey @Kilemall,

I just got off the phone with Badger who is on point for coordinating this stuff. We'll definitely be going for a private room which will include a buffet and unlimited soft drinks, with a full time wait staff as well.

This room will include a projector, podium, sound system and such for us to show case a few things and have a great discussion.

It won't be a full blown convention but it won't just be a dinner where you show up have a beer and go home, our goal is to make sure folks who participate get real depth and engage with our staff and walk away with a lot of knowledge about what we do.

1 person likes this

I'm 4 hrs away in Houston. I'd like to go if my schedule allows.  Sounds like fun!  Have you guys reserved the room yet?  The CEO at my last job used to be a GM at the D&B here in Houston.  I'm still in close contact with him.  I could bug him about gettiing in touch w/ someone about a good price?? Let me know so can butter him up a bit before asking lol.

S!

6 hours ago, rotschild said:

I'm 4 hrs away in Houston. I'd like to go if my schedule allows.  Sounds like fun!  Have you guys reserved the room yet?  The CEO at my last job used to be a GM at the D&B here in Houston.  I'm still in close contact with him.  I could bug him about gettiing in touch w/ someone about a good price?? Let me know so can butter him up a bit before asking lol.

S!

I also live in Houston, SW side.  

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:14 PM, rotschild said:

S!

Email me or PM me to discuss this please.  Lower price would be great.

1 person likes this

On 9/25/2016 at 10:44 AM, jwilly said:

Huh. :rolleyes:

Bit of an old sig there. :D

that's what happens when the lurkers come out

Badger,

sign me up, please!  I will probably be a little late for the start as I will be driving back from San Marcos . . . if I don't throw a tread. :)

tex64

1 person likes this

On 10/3/2016 at 9:33 PM, tex64 said:

Badger,

sign me up, please!  I will probably be a little late for the start as I will be driving back from San Marcos . . . if I don't throw a tread. :)

tex64

That's great @tex64 glad you can make it, S!

I'll be volunteering and pouring beer at the Northern Virginia Brewfest, October 15th!

Contributed towards y'alls lunch fund. Enjoy! And thank you for the continued support!!

1 person likes this

Sorry guys, cant make it. :(

Too much happening in October.

On the flip side working on something that can help promotion. :)