• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
pbveteran

Why did you hate the Infantry FRU?

35 posts in this topic

The problem is that infantry play suffers and people get bored due to lack of action and leave. The defender has a large advantage in the game because of the amount of armor that can be brought out in short order. Sometimes I think the game would be more interesting if when an AO is placed on a town no armor can spawn directly in town but rather from an FB behind the town. That way both attackers and defenders would have to drive to get to the fight. It might mean longer and more interesting infantry battles. 

2 hours ago, saroninf2p said:

The problem is that infantry play suffers and people get bored due to lack of action and leave. The defender has a large advantage in the game because of the amount of armor that can be brought out in short order. Sometimes I think the game would be more interesting if when an AO is placed on a town no armor can spawn directly in town but rather from an FB behind the town. That way both attackers and defenders would have to drive to get to the fight. It might mean longer and more interesting infantry battles. 

Not very realistic though.
If you come to my garage and attack, whether it is smart or not, nothing is to stop me from firing up the tractor and mower and making an attempt to run you over.
They don't mysteriously disappear simply because you pulled up.

I do not disagree that there needs to be some mechanics put in to help infantry, but they cant be to the detriment of other things, or you have a worse situation going.
I can think of ways, but none of them are simple, all of them are complicated and all require a combined arms approach.

Right now, you still have at least 1 advantage.
You know exactly where he is going to appear with that armor as the defender.
As the attacker you can appear from anywhere

13 hours ago, wiesshund said:

Not very realistic though.
If you come to my garage and attack, whether it is smart or not, nothing is to stop me from firing up the tractor and mower and making an attempt to run you over.
They don't mysteriously disappear simply because you pulled up.

I do not disagree that there needs to be some mechanics put in to help infantry, but they cant be to the detriment of other things, or you have a worse situation going.
I can think of ways, but none of them are simple, all of them are complicated and all require a combined arms approach.

Right now, you still have at least 1 advantage.
You know exactly where he is going to appear with that armor as the defender.
As the attacker you can appear from anywhere

True on the realism front. I'm all for realism on the equipment and ballistics front. However, spawning into the game world no matter how or where it is done is unrealistic.  I was around when there were no FRUs and watched the population decline. The lack of FRUs meant that someone had to dedicate themselves to truck runs non stop. It was fine at the time because all one had to do was run up and touch a table to cap a CP or a bunker. FRUs were put in place as soon as capture mechnisms were changed. Now it takes a single infantry something like 8 minutes to cap a CP. Given the rate at which infantry die, the current server population, and the unrealistically loud nature of trucks these days doing away with FRUs would be the death of WWII Online. 

13 minutes ago, saroninf2p said:

Now it takes a single infantry .....

Here in lies a problem that game mechanics can not fix for us.
Single infantry in CP, and you can watch on the map as 8 other single infantry all go off their separate ways, rather than gravitate towards that single guy in the CP

4 hours ago, leitsignal said:

Remove the FRU completely and FB's. We will get rid of the CoD mob.

I wonder how many then will be left.... 

But if we are talking of getting rid of things... get rid of depot spawning as well... only let people spawn from the ab.... 

17 minutes ago, leanderj said:

get rid of depot spawning as well... only let people spawn from the ab.... 

To easy to camp AB's if that happened.

Problem is some towns are spread out way to far for just ab spawning

As for inf fru, the old magic army in my pocket was just too daft, if reduced to rifles maybe not but personally prefer truck frus but def prefer the old no fru way, much more teamwork needed but we would need a massive population increase before going near 0 frus again

Edited by gassault

The old battle, tank drivers want no FRUs (meaning easy kills) and INF players like FRUs (shorter commute). Actually, I believe the FRU system makes no one happy. But going back to the old system with Opel/Laffy/Beddy runs won't work either as most players would leave and the rats need players to survive.

I think it might be a solution to limit the supply in FRUs, but all units just each time 10% of what's normally in the AB and then a FRU is emptied. On the same hand, a FRU should be able to be placed by an Troup vehicle and during a certain time also by an infanterist. E.g. only 30 min after mission posting and from then on the option is gone. This will limit the "back-door" FRUs. Sadly it will also limit the attack on England, but as an AXIS player I can live with that.