• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
sydspain

Mersch para drop - VIDEO

14 posts in this topic

excellent team work! having the bombers hitting target right as the paras were leaving the plane was pretty cool to see! would be great to see some more videos or screenshots

keep it up!

I feel like I'm seeing a rise on the total amount of missions that are paratrooper based. This is really great to see and I hope it continues to go up. The thing is, people continue to want to play as paratroopers however, the total amount of pilot submissions available don't always allow for those players to get into those type missions. So anyone who knows how to create a mission and fly a paratrooper airplane definitely consider the people who are on the side line just waiting for your mission. These are one of the great things that World War II online has that many other games do not have.

2 hours ago, XOOM said:

I feel like I'm seeing a rise on the total amount of missions that are paratrooper based. This is really great to see and I hope it continues to go up. The thing is, people continue to want to play as paratroopers however, the total amount of pilot submissions available don't always allow for those players to get into those type missions. So anyone who knows how to create a mission and fly a paratrooper airplane definitely consider the people who are on the side line just waiting for your mission. These are one of the great things that World War II online has that many other games do not have.

That.. but it also has to do with the get into the battle time thing... most people dont want to wait for 5 to 10 mins (to gather all the paras), then fly off to target (if its 4 towns away for example) another 10 mins... then drop.. assuming we dont get blown out of the sky... and do drop... and land.. (not in front of an ai tower) and run to a depot... and *poof* .. getting killed...   

So thats 20 mins of "doing nothing" and then getting killed. 

I notice that whenever i set up a paramission wich is just 1 or 2 towns away.. i get a lot more paras and quicker on my plane then when heading off to a more distant town.... 

On 5-9-2016 at 8:47 PM, lipton said:

Did everyone drop south of town on purpose?

No... sorry.. i was dropping in too quick (and amazed by all the bombs dropping next to and in front of my plane)  and called out the go a tidy late... :P 

Paratroop drops, Armour columns, grouping of infantry etc. is one thing I would like to see build into the game. If that means a new UI, or Command center with missions and incentives to carry out those missions by HC ( or by vets with experience) with rewards from points, Medals, Ribbons exp points etc. should be something on the white board. right now that all happens at random.

P.S. Thank You rats for the new Balancing measures like AO's based on the underpopulated side, this has been broken for too long.

One of the best things of BGE!

What would be great it In-air spawning, but some distance from target.  But that can have some big technical hurdles.