• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
matamor

POLL Side Lock

Side Lock   64 members have voted

1. 1. Are players choosing a side should be locked to that same side for an entire campaign, once that campaign has started?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

For loyalty reason or to balance odds once campaign momentum has switched sides?

I want to measure players opinion. I know what is CRS views on that but I think it would be a good thing to quantify what players think about this.

Not sure side lock at the start of campaign for an entire campaign would fix anything.  

What if the population level for one side drops by 30-50 pct after the start of the campaign - after that side loses a couple dozen towns?  

There would still be imbalance i think.

+10 

the only players who should be allowed to switch sides are those with an Italian IP address.  (half my squad)

I think some pilots like to go Allied in tier 4 so they can fly Spits and P38s. The LW is almost never on lately, while the skies are filled with Allied planes.

I'd be into a side lock for the campaign, even though I like being able to just go mess around in a hurri bomber or use an awesome grease gun from time to time.

It's nice to be able to hit and kill an EI with an SMG for a change.

As for me playing Axis most all of the time, It's the side whose equipment I'm most familiar with, so I tend to play Axis, even though the tanks all have the same exploding hit spot and the planes have bb guns and useless HE cannons and can't turn really at all.

Sigh.

4 hours ago, captcrayon said:

It wouldn't fix it and everyone has the freedom to choose. 

You have the freedom to choose...  pick a side and stay with it...   There your choice has been selected 

Any low life that switches back and forth has no concept of Loyalty, Honor or Integrity!

I also believe that if a Person in the High Command flips sides.. they can not be in the High command of the opposing side for at least one map..  And they can not Rejoin the High command for 1 more map after they come back...   Reason?  faithful adherence to a sovereign, government, leader, cause, etc.  Prove your Loyal again by playing one map... 

<S Hierbart 

For me this game is above all as an attempt to simulate of mid level strategy and logistic of WW2. Instant action in this game isn't for me very important (especially because for close combat my ping suck).
The strategy and logistics assume, that there is some kind of continuity during campaign. Therefore i support some sort of side lock.

1 hour ago, hierbart said:

Any low life that switches back and forth has no concept of Loyalty, Honor or Integrity!

it's a game... not marriage or a job or real service...

There is nothing scientific in there. For any choice you do in your life, there's pros and cons that could not only impact yourself as a person but your neighborhood as well. 

So... an unintended result of this type of lock would be that once the people who are going to stick around for the campaign choose, the sides will stay stuck at say 40/60%, or worse... 25/75%.

That's lopsided and doesn't let people go to the underpop side. Sadly, most players don't do that anyway... they go to the winning side and camp.

I'd like to try this for a campaign.

8 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I don't like the idea, but what could it hurt to try it for a campaign or two? 

Loss in revenue and pissed off customers. We're not going to do it, and we're not going to invest any energy into making this work.

This is an exercise in futility.

Sorry to be blunt, but we've stated our position on this and the risk is much higher than you guys are imagining. We've been very open to discussion on many subjects, this isn't one of them unfortunately.

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Loss in revenue and pissed off customers. We're not going to do it, and we're not going to invest any energy into making this work.

Sorry to be blunt, but we've stated our position on this and the risk is much higher than you guys are imagining. We've been very open to discussion on many subjects, this isn't one of them unfortunately.

Yeah, people threaten to unsub over the smallest things in this game lol. I could imagine the backlash from this. 

1 person likes this

I really do not see that much side switching going on. For the most part.  Most players stay on the side they started at the beginning of the map.  

Beside if we did side lock everyone what would stop anyone from using an alt account to change sides?

If something like this was implemented you would need to allow people to still flow to the under pop side. Side locked while balanced but under pop side is always open for play. Over all I don't like the idea though. It will just irritate people. 

9 hours ago, XOOM said:

Xoom you have stated that you will not sidelock customers but in an earlier post you have said you are looking into anti cheat systems. Will this include not allowing  say a player on one side and his/her alt on the other side?

Db

21 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Xoom you have stated that you will not sidelock customers but in an earlier post you have said you are looking into anti cheat systems. Will this include not allowing  say a player on one side and his/her alt on the other side?

Db

Yes, that's right.

On 9/19/2016 at 7:01 AM, major0noob said:

squads already side lock, even greentags get booted if their not on the same side as the squad.

I dont believe this to be true. At least not for 7thAST. During Host Squad week, we are constantly manually removing players from the squad for being Axis.

Also, the Squad Recruit boot doesn't seem to be working. How long is it supposed to be, till a Recruit is bounced from squad if not promoted?

I would love to see more squad tools implemented.

1 hour ago, jphartt said:

I dont believe this to be true. At least not for 7thAST.

very next sentence...

1 hour ago, jphartt said:

During Host Squad week, we are constantly manually removing players from the squad for being Axis.

On 9/19/2016 at 7:01 AM, major0noob said:

squads already side lock, even greentags get booted if their not on the same side as the squad.

See below...

Ok... so I took his grammar literally. Point taken

So I wont feel bad for booting any and all 7thAST tagging as German.