OHM

Colo Equipment Work !!!

24 posts in this topic

One of the main things happening during the Mini Con will be work on the hardware at our Colo site.  So Game outage is expected during this time!  

Rewiring,  Router  , Switches and servers work in preparation for steam.   

Hopefully the guys going to the Colo site will take some pictures of the work for all of us to see. 

More info on the dates and times will follow as we get closer.

1 person likes this

S!

Good news hope its fixes some issues. If it will fix some major stuff keep it down as long as needed.

frack

Edited by fracku2

How much pizza did the Allies promise to keep the server down!! Bias propaganda I say!!............:P

10 hours ago, bmw said:

How much pizza did the Allies promise to keep the server down!! Bias propaganda I say!!............:P

If this was true it would not be Pizza!

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, jwilly said:

Bloo catching a nap.

Please, for the love of god, tell me that is not a real pic of the server facility?
That is the most horrid cable management I have seen outside of asia electric

Edited by wiesshund

2 hours ago, wiesshund said:

Please, for the love of god, tell me that is not a real pic of the server facility?
That is the most horrid cable management I have seen outside of asia electric

Are you kidding??............that guys has dress pants on and nice shoes! :P

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/17-development-notes/16057-rats-inbound-to-dallas-a-big-server-work

We've made some recent hardware purchases to improve our infrastructure. We'll be adding some redundancy to the network and increasing the speed from 100Mb to 1Gb communications. Lots of cabling to take place and in the installation of a new router, plus a bunch of other stuff that's way above my head =).

DOWN TIME IS EXPECTED!!! On October 14th (Friday) and the 15th (Saturday) please note there will be some significant down time across our entire network to do some surgical work (estimations not provided intentionally). This work will be crucial to setting ourselves up for a successful Steam launch and expanding our networks capabilities.

Noticeable improvements will be instantaneous with our internal network speeds, and we should see some of that in our game too. Removing some of these bottle necks will make us more successful short and long term.

18 hours ago, jwilly said:

So will you be installing dedicated fiber directly to each customer?

when we get to the size and money of Google, then we will ;)

OHM, the wording on the announcement was odd. You said you're upgrading to gigabit connections. You guys were still on 10/100 switching internally or you're upgrading the internet facing link so it can burst to 1gbit? Just sounded really odd and I want to know what model 10/100 switches you are ripping out cause those things have to be 15 years old or possibly older. The fact they're still functioning is amazing if that is the case.

33 minutes ago, madrebel said:

OHM, the wording on the announcement was odd. You said you're upgrading to gigabit connections. You guys were still on 10/100 switching internally or you're upgrading the internet facing link so it can burst to 1gbit? Just sounded really odd and I want to know what model 10/100 switches you are ripping out cause those things have to be 15 years old or possibly older. The fact they're still functioning is amazing if that is the case.

The answer to that is both. Internal and possibly external.

omg seriously. i can't even remember the last time i saw a 10/100 switch. hell the only thing in recent memory that ran at 100m that i've touched are older IPMI interfaces and ... older/lower end printers. ffs lol. well, cell host comms should be a lot better lol.

3 minutes ago, madrebel said:

omg seriously. i can't even remember the last time i saw a 10/100 switch. hell the only thing in recent memory that ran at 100m that i've touched are older IPMI interfaces and ... older/lower end printers. ffs lol. well, cell host comms should be a lot better lol.

That's the hope! I boxed up 5 gig switches we pulled out at work and sent them over to PilotMC to use for here.

4 hours ago, madrebel said:

All of our network will benefit from these changes. We're getting there, piece by piece :). S!