• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
de4thadder

My First Heart Attack

31 posts in this topic

On Saturday, September 17th, 2016, I had sharp & unrelenting pain run through my left arm, shoulder & Chest. My first heart attack.

I called my sister and we rushed to the hospital. Turned out 4 arteries were blocked, and I never even knew it. Monday September 19th I had quadruple heart bypass surgery to correct the problem; I was on the operating table 8 hours. Everything went well, and as of today I am fine.

I am enduring some excruciating pain at the vein graft sites, since the replacement veins were taken from my left arm, 2 from my left leg, and one from my chest area. I will have scars, but that is of no consequence; I have some very good pain medication.

I just wanted to let you all know, and to thank each & every one of you who gave me their blessings and were (and are) super supportive.

Maybe that is one reason I love this game so much; the people who play here. And I am proud to call most of you "Friend".

Allykill

1 hour ago, de4thadder said:

On Saturday, September 17th, 2016, I had sharp & unrelenting pain run through my left arm, shoulder & Chest. My first heart attack.

I called my sister and we rushed to the hospital. Turned out 4 arteries were blocked, and I never even knew it. Monday September 19th I had quadruple heart bypass surgery to correct the problem; I was on the operating table 8 hours. Everything went well, and as of today I am fine.

I am enduring some excruciating pain at the vein graft sites, since the replacement veins were taken from my left arm, 2 from my left leg, and one from my chest area. I will have scars, but that is of no consequence; I have some very good pain medication.

I just wanted to let you all know, and to thank each & every one of you who gave me their blessings and were (and are) super supportive.

Maybe that is one reason I love this game so much; the people who play here. And I am proud to call most of you "Friend".

Allykill

Holy Crap!......didnt even know. Glad it all went well.

Just went for my annual physical this week. Just turned 50 :( Dr ordered a Cardiac Calcium Scoring test as a preventative measure. Its basically a CT of the heart that shows the plaque levels if any in and around the major arteries of Heart.  Its only $100 so it's well worth it for anyone else out there that may have doubts or issues.

Wow! Glad you're recovering well.

Now, I have to chide you a little... having been a paramedic for a decade, I can't recommend ANYONE, EVER not call an ambulance in the same situation.

Heart attacks can and do go very badly on a regular basis. Having seen people say, "I don't feel THAT bad; it's just a twinge in my chest." to passing out and going into a fatal rhythm in the span of a minute made a believer out of me. On numerous occasions. Nobody wants to put a family member in the position of having to pull over, attempt to do CPR, etc... 

So... if it happens again, call 911. Worth every penny.

Really, though... I'm glad to hear you'r on the road to Wellville, even if you're gonna have some scars. You're a member of the Zipper Club! :)

Had my 1st one this past may. Oddly though I have/had no blockages. Cardio Dr said there was no buildup at all.

But man it's definitely a scary deal.

@de4thadder

Glad you are ok! 

Rest up and play a few sorties... we all know how WWII BE can relieve stress :D  

Seriously, glad you are ok!

S!

Hope your feeling better mate really sorry to hear what you have been through

Grats for getting through with such flying colors, de4thadder.

For anyone else concerned about their heart health who may want a bit of insurance, I would like to share something I found a few years back.

Dr. Linus Pauling   <---(link) found that "megadoses" (high doses) of vitamin C and lysine, taken together, can do GREAT things.  In one of his case studies, a man had all four arteries heavily blocked.  They were able to do bypass surgery on three but left the fourth alone until the patient was stronger.  The patient began taking vitamin C and lysine every day.  In a few months, when he was to go back for the fourth bypass, he didn't need it.  That fourth artery was 100% clear.  The dose recommended is three to six grams (3000 to 6000 mg) of each per day.  If I start the regimen, I usually take 6000 to start, then dial it back after a week or so, evening off at 3000 per day, after about six weeks.

I was taking the vitamin C and lysine regimen a few years ago, when the wife and I had cholesterol screenings (the first since we were married).  She ate healthy foods and I ate fast food almost every day for lunch.  My cholesterol was 150.  Hers was higher.  She was quite upset.  :)

-Irish

Happy you are still amongst us. To many good byes have been said in this community.  

S!

Thank you all for your kind comments and advice...I agree with several of you, 911 should have been called. I will definitely do so if there are any future issues! Please do yourselves and your families a big favor, and get yourselves checked! !S

Allykill

10 hours ago, de4thadder said:

Thank you all for your kind comments and advice...I agree with several of you, 911 should have been called. I will definitely do so if there are any future issues! Please do yourselves and your families a big favor, and get yourselves checked! !S

Allykill

undt exercise if you are able to.

Hi Ally - Sorry to hear the news mate but Im glad to see that things are improving for you.

Take time and get well soon buddy

Igor

On 10/5/2016 at 0:47 PM, de4thadder said:

Allykill

Glad you are still kicking. Heal up. Relationship is everything. You can have all the money in the world but with no friends, no community, no family...well...life would suck.

Get better soon.

Very happy you are reading this and recovering.

The only thing killing you should be the people on this forum.