• Announcements

    • HEAVY265

      Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

      Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Birdman26

Battle of Britain

9 posts in this topic

For a 1-2 day event we could run with the axis trying to get air superiority over britain and if the axis are able to defeat the British and get the british factories to as destroyed as possible, then the next day the Germans could attempt to para drop and do naval invasions to try and take Britain.  It would also be fun if London was apart of the map with the Germans winning the scenario with the fall of London but it doesn't have to be there for the scenario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm could be fun.

 

Turn off ews

Turn off aws

Turn off Port AI, leave the rest up.  Or if not possible destroy AI at the outset.

Brit forces only

Would force the allies to recon the entire channel, without the benefit of 'radar'.  Germans could in theory flank around (it'd be a long float though) and have a shot of arriving at the shore.  

wonder if it's poss...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've done stuff like that in past years. I remember the "channel dash" event that was a lot of fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, B2K said:

Hmm could be fun.

 

Turn off ews

Turn off aws

Turn off Port AI, leave the rest up.  Or if not possible destroy AI at the outset.

Brit forces only

Would force the allies to recon the entire channel, without the benefit of 'radar'.  Germans could in theory flank around (it'd be a long float though) and have a shot of arriving at the shore.  

wonder if it's poss...

 

Sounds fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about the Hc can see the enemy aircraft on the map and would have to guide the spits and hurcs to the enemy aircraft also the Germans can only fly the bf 110c-4 , ju-87, he 111 but for the 109e4 could you add a fuel restriction for it saw they could only fly for a limited amount of time. For the British could only fly the

hurricane mk 1 and 2 also the spitfire mkla only 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oxford09 said:

How about the Hc can see the enemy aircraft on the map and would have to guide the spits and hurcs to the enemy aircraft also the Germans can only fly the bf 110c-4 , ju-87, he 111 but for the 109e4 could you add a fuel restriction for it saw they could only fly for a limited amount of time. For the British could only fly the

hurricane mk 1 and 2 also the spitfire mkla only 

Turning off everything makes it more interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the main reasons the Battle of Britain was successful was because of radar. take it away and you really cripple the Brits

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quincannon said:

One of the main reasons the Battle of Britain was successful was because of radar. take it away and you really cripple the Brits

 

True the Germans didn't know how important it was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oxford09 said:

True the Germans didn't know how important it was 

Actually, they did have an idea it was pretty important, but the Brits pulled a fast one on them.  Whenever the Luftwaffe bombed any of the Chain Home RADAR stations, the Brits would move up some of their mobile RADAR stations to cover the gap.  They weren't as good, but they gave enough warning the Germans never realized how much damage they were doing.  If they had staged a coordinated attack to take out all the Chain Home stations at once, they would have had easy pickings on their raids from then on.

 

 

 

-Irish

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.