leitsignal

Greasing the gears of the axis machinery and brainstorming...

31 posts in this topic

Filing an complaint against the axis playerbase who chose not to get into caps for the sake of a town, regardless of its or the town's importance. I also want to adress that several members of the GHC do not plan an AO thoroughly enough, so that it can be set up properly. Communication between GHC and the PB is inadequate in both amount and quality. GHC lacks the ability to enhance the interaction between the three different branches.

Now, this situation and attitude needs to be changed. - How?

How? Sub first then we can start talking about how you can help this game.

It's intermission, infinite supplies TOEs style, everyone deserves a break and there is no drama to make with that.

1 person likes this

Ok, I see how it is. I don't get to have an opinion before I pay money and it's only after I've paid money that you will listen to my point of view? Do you believe that my observations and strong opinions are based on a mere greentag's experiences and I therefore cannot distinguish the campaign from intermission? I could be a retired CinC for all you know. I expected a serious, constructive thread, where we are able to swap ideas to get closer to a solution without disrespect or belitteling.

When I saw the title of your thread I must have misunderstood your intentions.  I didn't get the impression that you were looking to "swap ideas to get closer to a solution without disrespecting or belitteling."  Maybe starting without your disrespect would have drawn a different response.  Looks to me like t=you came here looking for a fight...

17 minutes ago, leitsignal said:

Ok, I see how it is. I don't get to have an opinion before I pay money and it's only after I've paid money that you will listen to my point of view? Do you believe that my observations and strong opinions are based on a mere greentag's experiences and I therefore cannot distinguish the campaign from intermission? I could be a retired CinC for all you know. I expected a serious, constructive thread, where we are able to swap ideas to get closer to a solution without disrespect or belitteling.

2013_6beb.jpeg

If you were to expect a serious, constructive thread, maybe you should have started from another approach.....

i mean ... "where we are able to swap ideas to get closer to a solution without disrespect or belitteling." but yet you imply "that several members of the GHC do not plan an AO thoroughly enough, so that it can be set up properly."

So how is that respectfull to the GHC ? 

Besides do you know how the AO system works these days ?  (i guess not... otherwise you wouldnt have stated it like that) ... 

Think about it... then come back in here with the right question.. and maybe i/we will answer.... (as for me... not now.. not by a long shot.... )

5 minutes ago, Tman said:

When I saw the title of your thread I must have misunderstood your intentions.  I didn't get the impression that you were looking to "swap ideas to get closer to a solution without disrespecting or belitteling."  Maybe starting without your disrespect would have drawn a different response.  Looks to me like t=you came here looking for a fight...

The title is my description about the observations I have made during the last campaign. It's objective but I can see how you misinterpreted it. My intention here is to start a discussion and come up with a solution, with a happy PB and no burnt out HC staff. If anyone wants to flame, troll or otherwise derrail the thread, I ask you kindly only to read.

3 hours ago, leitsignal said:

Filing an complaint against the axis playerbase who chose not to get into caps for the sake of a town, regardless of its or the town's importance. I also want to adress that several members of the GHC do not plan an AO thoroughly enough, so that it can be set up properly. Communication between GHC and the PB is inadequate in both amount and quality. GHC lacks the ability to enhance the interaction between the three different branches.

Now, this situation and attitude needs to be changed. - How?

If this was recently you would be well served to know that its "intermission" which means have fun and normal rules do not necessarily apply. Assuming your really "new" ( as of this post your 11hrs old) you haven't even played a normal campaign yet so how would you even know how thing run under game conditions.............unless that is you are a returning player under a free account.

2 hours ago, leitsignal said:

The title is my description about the observations I have made during the last campaign. It's objective but I can see how you misinterpreted it. My intention here is to start a discussion and come up with a solution, with a happy PB and no burnt out HC staff. If anyone wants to flame, troll or otherwise derrail the thread, I ask you kindly only to read.

If you play this game long enough, you will understand that you can't make big conclusions about one sides leadership or playstyle based on observations from only one single campaign.

Why?  Because the momentum swings back and forth.  Lots of veterans play a campaign or two, then take a break for a campaign.  One side plays great for a campaign, then they play terrible the next campaign.  Same thing happens to both sides.  In the long term its roughly equal.

1 person likes this

Step 1 to enhance GHC: http://www.axishq.wwiionline.com/axisplaynow/axis_ocs_application.php

HC wasn't mean to do everything, and even if we were, there simply aren't enough active at the moment.  HC can not drive all frus, guard fbs, guard spawnables, guard AB, and ensure the map is in good hands at the same time.  I also can instruct the player base on what to do until I am blue in the face but ultimately it is their decision on what they want to do.  In other words, I cannot make them do anything they don't want to do.  

There are already fixes on the way by the RATS to change the method of supply/flag movements and that should help with HC burnout as they (assuming a bit) will mostly become field commanders and can spend more time on the tactical level.  

9 minutes ago, leitsignal said:

Can we discuss the issue please, instead of sidetracking?

13 minutes ago, slovski said:

Step 1 to enhance GHC: http://www.axishq.wwiionline.com/axisplaynow/axis_ocs_application.php

HC wasn't mean to do everything, and even if we were, there simply aren't enough active at the moment.  HC can not drive all frus, guard fbs, guard spawnables, guard AB, and ensure the map is in good hands at the same time.  I also can instruct the player base on what to do until I am blue in the face but ultimately it is their decision on what they want to do.  In other words, I cannot make them do anything they don't want to do.  

There are already fixes on the way by the RATS to change the method of supply/flag movements and that should help with HC burnout as they (assuming a bit) will mostly become field commanders and can spend more time on the tactical level.  

Of course one side of the problem of ex. defending a town can be the lack of players. However, it's also about how you manage with the resources which are given to you.  If nobody wants to guard a spawnable but about 20 inf are in town, IT IS NOT a question about manpower. You can ask, or even instruct the players to guard a bunker etc. It's up to them to listen and decide what they want to do and how they want to play. I agree with you on that point but remember: It's the HC's duty to constantly motivate the playerbase, keep the communications up and help the interplay between all the branches, to come up with feasible ideas that support and nurture teamwork.

ONE way to develop this and a better relation is to get an active OIC for every DO and for every AO, preferrably not already a current HC member. This gives the player a new taste of strategy, closer relation to the HC, raises the level of communication between the PB and HC and it takes work off of MOIC'S shoulder.  Furthermore it displays interest in the PB's ability to take control of a situation and to demonstrate their capabilities, which of course should not be ignored.

This could be part of a very positive circle that keeps the PB logging in. If it's successfull enough they might even bring their friends! (Speculation of course)

Last campaign was bad. Often people who know what to do, don't. Its very difficult to address this as it is a game and many players play for themselves. Only real work ethic comes from squads. And squads don't tend to work together.

If I set a mission, I will put what I would like people joining me to do but generally they ignore that and do their own thing.

Success comes from numbers rather than plans, teamwork and strategy. It how the game works.

yeah how about  'Motivating, Educating & Retaining the PB and Helping Out HC For A Better Game on Both Sides" as a thread topic? 

then you might get some helpful replies and suggestions like above plus: 'what normal players can do to help' such as > 

> guard a cp, ab or fb and say so, report status and explain why you're doing it and ask for help or volunteers to do the same or replace others after 15-20 mins
> blow some fbs for your side and invite greentags along to see how its done and how it works
> drive a fru or dfru (hopefully with atgs/aaa) and set some clear, simple mission orders and/or waypoints
> talk to greentags/new players and give them a few immediate suggestions or tips plus direct them to the playerdriven WIKI for more tips and guides 
> volunteer as MOIC on AOs and DOs and explain goals and why certain cps to cap or guard are important
> explain (over and over) how the cap system works, why players should be inside or cutting cps/bunkers and never let a friend cap alone if you're close enough to help
> invite greentags to your squad or suggest a squad that might suit them 
> ask HC to explain reasons for AOs, importance of DOs and/or make suggestions to HC as constructively as you can, in chat or via PM
> be as polite, constructive and/or as humorous as possible to greentags, HC and fellow players|

A lot of experienced or vet players do a lot of the above a lot of the time (but not always) as do HC (but there's HC burnout too) and always remember that when the numbers are against you which happens often enough (or in TZ3)  -  do your best and tell as many jokes as possible on Side Chat. 

And if you're out of jokes, just start asking when Parachuting Dogs, Trains, Submarines or Civilians are going to be in game.  Or simply mention the word 'sheep'. 

Just prepare yourselves for a lot of ignorance. steam numbers will pop and we will have some chaos for a time. such is life. good opportunity for the all knowing player to squad up and help.

1 hour ago, Sudden said:

Just prepare yourselves for a lot of ignorance. steam numbers will pop and we will have some chaos for a time. such is life. good opportunity for the all knowing player to squad up and help.

Hopefully town based supply is in before steam that's all I can say

1 hour ago, sorella said:

And if you're out of jokes, just start asking when Parachuting Dogs, Trains, Submarines or Civilians are going to be in game.  Or simply mention the word 'sheep'. 

LOL  he said "sheep" :D

See, it works!  

Well said sorella! F2P acct won't be able to do some of those things you mentioned, but it's great for others to understand. I doubt the new(er) players understand how passionate this game can be for others. 

1 hour ago, Sudden said:

I believe this is what sudden was eluding to. 

We too need to be objective and understanding as well. The approach may have been wrong, but the message applies to both sides.

My two cents.

S!

Even with the best comms in the world, AO timers are a significant constraint on the ability to set up AOs.

13 hours ago, leitsignal said:

Actually, you're probably not a "newbie" but someone's second "Free to Play" account.  You very well could be a retired CINC, but not a retired Axis CINC as those who are active are already pitching a fit (or helping out) in Axis Secure with the rest of us retired Axis CINCs.  So you more than likely already have a pay account as a veteran player and you're just here to cause trouble, as others have pointed out.

I'm with Matamor on this, I'm going to blame Mattwitt.

VR

37 minutes ago, csm308 said:

Actually, you're probably not a "newbie" but someone's second "Free to Play" account.  You very well could be a retired CINC, but not a retired Axis CINC as those who are active are already pitching a fit (or helping out) in Axis Secure with the rest of us retired Axis CINCs.  So you more than likely already have a pay account as a veteran player and you're just here to cause trouble, as others have pointed out.

I'm with Matamor on this, I'm going to blame Mattwitt.

VR

Correct. I had a long response to all the people with multiqoutes but accidentally hit refresh button and it cleared my text. Almost everyone misread and misunderstood the topic. It's supposed to be about the Axis PB ignorance and GHC imcompetence, to lift up the problems which exist and to find a solution. It's not "Axis PB are ignorant and GHC are incompetent".  However I'm amazed at the fact that no one seems to have read this thread through entirely, none of the ones posting atleast, except sorella, tman and maybe sudden? Yet you jump to conclusions here way too fast and so far only sorella has kept the topic going without further interrupting the intended discussion. I'll change the topic, sorella, but this thread was meant for axis and of course this would improve the game on both sides. Can we move along now to proceed with the ideas please?

Edit: I'm not Mattwitt

Edited by mondschein
No name defines me, the experiences and choises in my life do

Guess I can't edit the title anymore since the post is too old... I do not like the new forums one bit tbh. I'll let GVONPAUL edit it and see what grows in here. Surprise me (please!)

16 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

It's all GSC's fault. 

Usually we all blame rans......I dunno....