• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
muggles

When does the new campaign start? (it shouldn't be this hard to find out)

19 posts in this topic

Confirmed. SYSTEM is reporting Tuesday as the start for Campaign 130.

As of 0230 CST there was no indication of a time that the campaign would start.

1 person likes this

This is something we as a player base have had a hard time having to find out recently. There were rumors in other posts of 10 days, 3 days, tuesday, no one knows. And this is after all day of hearing nothing. Nothing on facebook or twitter either. A lot of people have no interest in intermission, but would like to know the info. We need a central spot that is updated within a few hrs (or when a decision is made) outside of the game so we can be ready and in the know.

Just my opinion.

CinC's on both sides should have an inkling........but are probably not aloud to divulge yet.

I wish we got an email in a days advance with a time etc, but .. no bmw... me CinC .. me know nothing more then you as non CinC :(

3 minutes ago, leanderj said:

I wish we got an email in a days advance with a time etc, but .. no bmw... me CinC .. me know nothing more then you as non CinC :(

Ah ok...I though maybe you had to give brigade placement instructions to RATS when they reset.

1 minute ago, bmw said:

Ah ok...I though maybe you had to give brigade placement instructions to RATS when they reset.

Yes that is correct, but thats done even be4 the campaign is over (at least by me) .. so when the victory is called i can send them... so if for some reason no intermission the Rats can set it up right away...

I started a thread about this exact problem a few campaigns ago and received a Rat response of ... ZZZzzzZZZzzz. They seemed unimpressed with the idea of coming up with a better system of informing us of Campaign starts. 

I see they are STILL unimpressed. :angry:

Edited by lipton

yup as Leanderj says we have to submit our next deployments before the end of the current map, but we didn't get any info on a] intermission or straight to next map or b] next map start day / time

also the reason I pushed the idea of map130 deployment  change to 131 so we have more time to discuss, agree  and plan something different and maybe fun

The start of a new campaign should be used as a promotional opportunity, to get players hyped and make this seem like an active MMO with new things going on. It shouldn't be that much work to make some posts on twitter, facebook and reddit.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, david01 said:

The start of a new campaign should be used as a promotional opportunity, to get players hyped and make this seem like an active MMO with new things going on. It shouldn't be that much work to make some posts on twitter, facebook and reddit.

YESSS! I submitted a volunteer application to XOOM via email to help out with social media recently; hope he responds!

This past weekend the Team of RATS were in Texas.  Because the campaign ended faster than we thought we were caught a little off guard by timing.  

It is hard to say how long intermission would be. There are many factors that we look at to determine when the campaign will start.  When I hear when the campaign is planned to start i try and get it out but this time I failed. 

Thats the wrong answer OHM.  Heres what I posted under the topic new player retention - which should have gone here anyway.

Do we need to Crowdfund another position - Social Media Coordinator?  In todays digital world there should be no reason the website isnt always up to date with the most accurate information.  Whats the current state of the map?  A quick short recent AAR to give a browser a flavor of the action.  Games in Intermission which means...   New Campaign starting X/X/X so get your weapons ready!  Email blast letting people get ready for new Campaign.  Etc  Communication is the life blood of a business.   To often struggling businesses cut marketing and comms first since they have trouble tracking the tangible revenue generated from those positions.  This game absolutely cannot afford to be lacking in those areas.  And Xoom if you are spending your time doing this, believe me you are costing yourself money.  been there, made that mistake.

1 person likes this

On 10/19/2016 at 3:55 PM, ender24 said:

Thats the wrong answer OHM.  Heres what I posted under the topic new player retention - which should have gone here anyway.

Do we need to Crowdfund another position - Social Media Coordinator?  In todays digital world there should be no reason the website isnt always up to date with the most accurate information.  Whats the current state of the map?  A quick short recent AAR to give a browser a flavor of the action.  Games in Intermission which means...   New Campaign starting X/X/X so get your weapons ready!  Email blast letting people get ready for new Campaign.  Etc  Communication is the life blood of a business.   To often struggling businesses cut marketing and comms first since they have trouble tracking the tangible revenue generated from those positions.  This game absolutely cannot afford to be lacking in those areas.  And Xoom if you are spending your time doing this, believe me you are costing yourself money.  been there, made that mistake.

I sent Xoom an email volunteering to do this kind of thing a few days ago. (but if he's like me hasn't read it yet, especially since he's been busy)

I would have loved to do the social media for this game. In fact, I've been trained in Hootsuite and other social media management software. Unfortunately, I accepted a grant writing position for the Dean's Office at my university, so not enough time! But man, I would have loved to make some noise for this game!