• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
gvonpaul

As an experiment

54 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GVONPAUL said:

And somehow, I managed to double post in the same window?

If you make two posts in a short period the software merges both posts into one.

2 people like this

Imo the new forums has way fewer posters than before.

Potential issue that I see is that the space between the sub-forums is way too big. You don't have a good view.. why do i need to scroll 2x my screen to see all sub-forums?

You don't print the index of a book with 5 returns between each chapter either? 

...so its like 6am - checking the usual stuff and ready to start certain wars / invasions in case anyone even remotely thinks of talking to me..then i come here and - my eyes

Teh panzers are rolling, its your fault this time

Also now it looks just like any other forum...war thunder - kerbal space and whatnot utilizing invision boards

40 minutes ago, gsc said:

...so its like 6am - checking the usual stuff and ready to start certain wars / invasions in case anyone even remotely thinks of talking to me..then i come here and - my eyes

Teh panzers are rolling, its your fault this time

Also now it looks just like any other forum...war thunder - kerbal space and whatnot utilizing invision boards

I wouldn't count on this being permanent; it's just a temporary solution as many of our issues are with the custom theme we were using.

I like the layout, took a bit to figure out the navigation but it's new. 

I REALLY dislike the bright white personally, but love the new features you've incorporated. Could you switch me back to the  "custom black" theme? As with Erasmo, I have no way of changing it back, no "theme" option at the bottom of the forums.

S! 

12.png

Edited by chimm

Dark please - just dark is fine...dark - no need to browse forumz while applying suntan lotion every 10mins - dark

2 people like this

Too bright ... and i can't change it back :mellow:

and it took me 1 min to send the reply

Edited by hellmittel

Edited by hellmittel
saving foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 hours ago, hellmittel said:

heres your FLARE: use forumz.....ahh - my eyes *squint*

Much faster loads times.

Easier to distinguish new text from other stuff.

Yes, too bright.

On the right track, however.  Tweak the color and it will be good.

1 person likes this

Dark theme.. pls white burns my eyes too bright..

As for load time I dunno... What is slow is posting/replying to a thread. It sometimes get stuck on loading/refreshing so you have to manual refresh the page.. 

BLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA BLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLABLA BLA bLA

To bright for me too.

Warning this is just me being Anal

In regards to the layout, i would like to see the Forums Avatars all to be the same size, possibly a single icon of the same style showing the theme of the forum.

The layout should have each forums of the same size i.e.   COMMUNITY TECH & BILLING SUPPORT  --  FOREIGN SPEAKING COMMUNITIES

possibly remove the sub-forums list.  

Also some of them are offset, due to the size of the Avatars I guess -  GAME IDEAS / SUGGESTIONS  --  HEADQUARTERS NEWS FEED -- WAR STORIES

These aren't of great importance but it could make the main page a little bit easier on the eye.

Everything else I find great, but TOO Bright.

At the moment the focus is not on the color of the default theme (cause ya , I agree, the white sucks) but we want to hear from you all if it's working better in terms of load times , general functionality, etc.

Why are we not able to change the color scheme like in the old forums?

Is it just that the software doesn't support that function or can it only be controlled by the admin?

Look, I know this new format makes a few things easier for mods, but it's nowhere near as user friendly as the old one.

56 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

Is it just that the software doesn't support that function or can it only be controlled by the admin?

Look, I know this new format makes a few things easier for mods, but it's nowhere near as user friendly as the old one.

Orange Boards! :popcorn:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

Because when we set the theme, it removed your ability to change it. It is only a temporary measure and as soon as we figure out why one theme seems to work better than the others, we will find a solution. I apologize for the inconvenience, we are aware that most people hate this theme, and we hope to have a solution soon.

1 person likes this

Working on making improvements - thanks for your feedback all. S!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, exlax said:

vBulletin was working just fine !!

It was, we just wanted to add something with more modern features, because we know how important the forums are. It's been a rocky transition, and believe me, you've only seen the surface. With that said, we're working hard to improve everyone's forum experience.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, GVONPAUL said:

Because when we set the theme, it removed your ability to change it. It is only a temporary measure and as soon as we figure out why one theme seems to work better than the others, we will find a solution. I apologize for the inconvenience, we are aware that most people hate this theme, and we hope to have a solution soon.

Thanks for the reply.

As long as we can get the load and save times cut a little, they should work fine.

Always something, eh?

1 person likes this