• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
rotsechs

Default inactive kick

26 posts in this topic

Something that can pick up on an inactive player that is sitting there not moving. Maybe after a default time the player is messaged and another default timer is then automatically despawned.

I would say game managers job but they wont be logged in 24/7.

Realise potential issue with 2nd accounts so thought required but these ones that you'll see sometimes that don't move or respond to chat or pms. Kick them out for affecting pop and making you think you have a cp guard or eyes in the field. 

1 person likes this

Just send a .report. GM's will look into it.

On a detailed note, it is frightening to see that players start a public witch hunt towards greentags. They are being stalked and harassed just because they wear a squad tag from the other side (hello...host squad program?), because they have been idle for 5 minutes or maybe they just have no clue how to reply to a pm. Have people forgotten how it was when they started the game for the very first time?

Instead of offering support the greentag is being called names, classified as a spy or branded as a cheater. This is not how the community is going to grow. This is driving new players away, right there!

We are facing a steam release sooner or later and this kind of behaviour will be not supportive at all.

If you have suspicions do not hesitate to file a .report. The GM corps will look into it right away.

If you decide to stalk or harass a greentag, the GM corps will be after you as this is a TOS violation. And a TOS violation is still a TOS violation even after you are threatening with unsubbing. It won't make it go away. You don't want to be harrassed either in that or a similar way.

So I hope there is going to be a change in mindset again.

Thanks to everyone who is actually taking the time to show the ropes to someone new! I was just lucky enough to witness it yesterday on TS. In this case thanks and GJ to @saerdna

@rotsechs  When I say "you" I don't mean you personally but the community as a whole.

bb

These aren't green tags I'm referring to BB.

Just witnessed another one at Tilburg. Sat motionless 1km NW of town. No reply to chat. Afk when I pm'd.

Affects our pop numbers. Especially when numbers are so low that its maybe 15 or 20 on a side across the whole map.

If there was a system in the code to monitor and then kick the player back to the persona screen...............

I wouldn't even say you'd have to kick a player.  Maybe after they've been AFK for a bit (if it's possible) have that player not count towards the side's population.  If you have 20 people logged in but 10 are AFK, then you have 10 players.

16 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

15 minutes with no activity or keystrokes= auto despawn. 

Oh that would suck...

I went afk for long periods of times hidden in an attic so often.

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

15 minutes with no activity or keystrokes= auto despawn. 

Something like that. Or less with a system message. Then if nothing, out of game world you go.

would require some exemptions such as Navy who sail for hours whilst afk, any ground spawned unit should be auto despawned so as not to count as population which will affect cap timers, spawn delay

If you guys are set on despawning people in 15 minutes or less instead of having them just not count towards population the how do you plan on dealing with if they're in MIA territory?  Not only would that upset some players by having to drive/run back to where they were but the supply is also less?  That'd upset everyone!

1 hour ago, rinzello said:

If you guys are set on despawning people in 15 minutes or less instead of having them just not count towards population the how do you plan on dealing with if they're in MIA territory?  Not only would that upset some players by having to drive/run back to where they were but the supply is also less?  That'd upset everyone!

No affect on population after 15 Minutes

RTB Range - Despawn - 30 Minutes,

RES Range - Despawn 45 Minutes,

MIA Range -  Despawn 60 Minutes

Doesn't happen to much to have an effect on supply,AFK is useless supply most of time anyway.

Yes we've all probably been guilty of going AFK for some time, by time come back sometimes have to despawn anyway as no AO where you went AFK

No thanks on the auto despawn. There are times I have to run and park in a forest. Or just hide in a forest for a hour or two. Especially in the old days when you had to drive supply around. Get halfway someplace, take a nap then finish the drive. Heck I've hidden and run to the bathroom and that's taken over 15 min before. Or I have extra accounts that I leave at FBs as an alarm. If I hear anything I switch to that account. Heck, I have infantry on my tank driving around that I have AFK for 20-30 min while I drive.

If afk have it not count, but I have enough problems with despawns due to connection etc that it would kill gameplay for me.

Auto despawn is not something that we are looking into. There are to many scenarios that someone would go AFK for long periods for legit reasons. What we are looking into is a auto message to the GM team that someone is afk for X amount of time and then have a GM go and investigate.   

If not despawn then should at least not count for population balancing mechanism's such as Spawn Delay, CP Cap times

10 hours ago, OHM said:

Auto despawn is not something that we are looking into. There are to many scenarios that someone would go AFK for long periods for legit reasons. What we are looking into is a auto message to the GM team that someone is afk for X amount of time and then have a GM go and investigate.   

Good to see a response and that it is recognised as an issue.

10 hours ago, petie said:

If not despawn then should at least not count for population balancing mechanism's such as Spawn Delay, CP Cap times

Yep. That is where the potential harm is.

hello, just got autodespawned on a mission behind enemy lines when i stopped the truck to go get a beer and deal with a roommate situation. Not happy.

1 hour ago, spargel said:

hello, just got autodespawned on a mission behind enemy lines when i stopped the truck to go get a beer and deal with a roommate situation. Not happy.

Not sure to what you are referring to, so I will pick up both scenarios:

• GMs do not "autodespawn" anyone. We do kick you off the server [if we have a reason for doing so] and believe me, you will notice that. I haven't heard about the "autodespawn" phenomen in a while but when it occured in the past it was caused by a bad connection (high ping).
  • You were asked earlier today to despawn as you were violating the Terms of Services. If you were unhappy about that then follow the TOS in the future and it won't happen again. But then again, you have not been autodespawned or kicked by a GM.

bb

A side flooded with afk's is not good true

But i dont think any auto despawn will work well.
Some example reasons

I spawn a TT, closest place is Oost, the plan is to meet some troops at the Zeelands canal, and ferry them over to attack Vliss
It is going to be a long run to get there, and for a lot of it im going to point the bow and let it run, so i log another account and do some bunker defense or what not, and check the TT occasionally and im only going to move it if its off course.

That is going to be over 60 minutes

I might also set up near a potential enemy AO outside their FB, to thwart their initial FM attempts.
I may be sitting there a while, just listening for any audio, with my commands binocs already pointed towards the inf spawn (since they dont have engine sounds)
And so i wont have any input going on unless there is something to call out.
You could fly the rat buzzard right through my ship and drop cloaking, id probably not know.

Some people do these kinds of things, and use all voice comms and so play with the GUI off, which includes the chat box
They could be there, awake, just watching something, and never see you .messaging them.

I know other games to log you out if you appear AFK, even if you are not, but they are a bit different than here
No units are lost in those games, and they mostly dont have opportunity to be still and silent for any period of time.

Ive know squads to get set up for a large squad op, and during staging there will be a lot of guys that appear afk, but they aren't
They are on squad voice and getting organized, but already have their game unit to the staging point and so no reason to move it etc until the op starts.
I remember doing one once with BKB where we were all silent as mice and immobile waiting for game night to fall to start our surprize attack.
Auto despawning would have booted us all.

Id be ok with anyone that auto AFK's after say 15 minutes? no longer counting as side pop

I got tagged AFK in Tielt yesterday :)

The enemy AO was still active after a long fight and so I went there waiting, reading about keymappings in the wiki, discord. With two monitors this is no problem, 15min is nothing.

You will be set to afk automatically after  5 minutes if there's no keyboard/mouse input. Your status will be set back once you have a keyboard or mouse input.

You can set yourself afk as well with .afk and .afk <text>. If you do so, you manually have to type .afk again to be not shown as afk. Afk players are being shown in brackets when you for example type .who to check which squad mates are online or .hcl to check for online high command.

bb

Oh, only 5min then. Thanks for the info, I only noticed the system message in chat like "you are no longer tagged as AFK".

I also made some screenshots, this is how the place looked liked: 

3YTNOoL.jpg

Allies bombed everything! Those poor civilians.

9 hours ago, disi said:

Those poor civilians.

Actually we evacuated all the french civilians to Oostende, they are now enroute by secret convoy of trucks to Dunkerque 

1 person likes this

This is the most awful idea ive every heard. If youre worried about second accounts causing population issues, then calculate population by IP address or simply make afk players not count towards counts. Problem solved. Please dont despawn me when I go afk for any reason ever. I shouldnt have to write a mouse jiggler script

1 person likes this

IMO the very concept of population counts for spawn delays is an awful mistake from the start. Being outnumbered and outnumbering are the realities of war, and theyre the things that make the game fun for me on either side of that. Losing is fun, winning is fun. if everyone is special, no one will be.