Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qqlele

Binoculars

4 posts in this topic

Can f2p riflemans have binoculars which can be used only by players who are playing for some time or have an adequate rank? (not many soldiers in ww2 had binoculars, and I'm aware of that)

In distance bushes look like ei's and tanks, and holding right mouse button won't help unless you get closer to them. Maybe it's just me, but both look like a square in distance and when attacking I'd always die unless I camp in a bush for 30 minutes. If defenders are camping, it would be good to spot them without going really close to them.

Edited by qqlele

But wouldn't it be more realistic that not every soldier have binoculars as you already said?  Not every human can make out enemy soldiers from long distances.  Hiding and watching for attackers is one of the perks of being a defender.  

Honestly, getting binoculars was one of the bigger perks that made me want to subscribe.  And it's worth it!

1 person likes this

On 10/29/2016 at 5:43 PM, qqlele said:

Can f2p riflemans have binoculars which can be used only by players who are playing for some time or have an adequate rank? (not many soldiers in ww2 had binoculars, and I'm aware of that)

In distance bushes look like ei's and tanks, and holding right mouse button won't help unless you get closer to them. Maybe it's just me, but both look like a square in distance and when attacking I'd always die unless I camp in a bush for 30 minutes. If defenders are camping, it would be good to spot them without going really close to them.

It's a necessity due to the shortcomings of the game and players PC/Monitor,

WW2ol Infantry combat ends many times to a game of pixel spotting, where you have to find soldiers feet or arms sticking out of bushes or FRUs.

Binoculars is a serious advantage even a game changer, without it new players would be even less competitive, on monitor with resolutions equal to 17 inches or less it's a necessity to have binoculars to play this game and be a somewhat a good infantry player.

When I was a new player I remember binoculars was a real game changer, like night and day...

Edited by pbveteran

It's essential that there be strong motivations for players to subscribe, for CRS to survive economically. Much of the staff already is working for free or peanuts. 

Free gameplay is fun, but gameplay is even more fun with the additional toys that subscribers get.

Edited by jwilly

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0