Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

homeo

Sappers+Overpowered.

homeo

As I have pointed out previously, Sappers are massively overpowered in this game Vs tanks. To recap, they make no noise, have low visibility ,do not have to switch seats to attack or move, up close are manoeuvrable, and can respawn from a FRU.

when a sapper is within sprinting distance from a tank, the tank is as good as dead. I realise that reprogramming in the fact that tank crews were armed with sidearms so COULD deal with sappers when spotted will take some amount of complex programming.....

But please RATS, for the love of god, in the interest of balance, can you at LEAST set the timer on a sapper so they cannot sprint AND sap? I am totally sick of knowing a sapper is approaching me from the rear, knowing exactly where he is, and being unable to swing my turret or drive off fast enough to defend myself. In a WW2 situation the commander would have utilised his sidearm to fend off close approaching infantry while moving. I get you can't add that, so how about at LEAST tweaking the timers so a sapper cannot sap while moving, at ALL. Most tanks in game have to stop to fire with any modicum of accuracy after all.

WW2 literature puts satchel charges between 4 and 9kg. I DARE anyone on these forums to sprint and try to do ANYTHING accurately with even a 4kg weight, let along a 9kg weight.

If I am sitting still in a tank and a sapper sneaks up and saps my tank. So be it, I can accept that. realism. I CANNOT accept a guy sprinting up from BEHIND a MOVING tank (As happened to me yet again tonight) and placing a satchel charge accurately enough to obliterate the tank.

vasduten1

Hahaha 

Written entirely from the tanker's perspective.

Please, go out and sap for a week straight and let us know how you do.

Please.

I want a full AAR and a screen shot of your CS&R.

I don't want "oh, I've played as a paper and gotten plenty of kills!"

bmw
1 hour ago, homeo said:

As I have pointed out previously, Sappers are massively overpowered in this game Vs tanks. To recap, they make no noise, have low visibility ,do not have to switch seats to attack or move, up close are manoeuvrable, and can respawn from a FRU.

when a sapper is within sprinting distance from a tank, the tank is as good as dead. I realise that reprogramming in the fact that tank crews were armed with sidearms so COULD deal with sappers when spotted will take some amount of complex programming.....

But please RATS, for the love of god, in the interest of balance, can you at LEAST set the timer on a sapper so they cannot sprint AND sap? I am totally sick of knowing a sapper is approaching me from the rear, knowing exactly where he is, and being unable to swing my turret or drive off fast enough to defend myself. In a WW2 situation the commander would have utilised his sidearm to fend off close approaching infantry while moving. I get you can't add that, so how about at LEAST tweaking the timers so a sapper cannot sap while moving, at ALL. Most tanks in game have to stop to fire with any modicum of accuracy after all.

WW2 literature puts satchel charges between 4 and 9kg. I DARE anyone on these forums to sprint and try to do ANYTHING accurately with even a 4kg weight, let along a 9kg weight.

If I am sitting still in a tank and a sapper sneaks up and saps my tank. So be it, I can accept that. realism. I CANNOT accept a guy sprinting up from BEHIND a MOVING tank (As happened to me yet again tonight) and placing a satchel charge accurately enough to obliterate the tank.

Sapping is not as easy as you think. Take up the challange

leanderj

Id take up your challenge with 4kg sprint.. its easy.... and btw.. do you know the sapper has gone major changes allready ? 

we used to have a rifle... now we dont.. we used to be able to sap moving tanks... now the tank has to be stationary (also not firing its maingun) otherwise we cannot place a charge....

undercova

they already made the sapper kinda useless when they decreased the amount of satchels to 2. then ofc the switch to HE charges only and ATR getting 2 HEAT satchels (axis)

as others said ... try sapper for 1 week. on axis and allied side. you will be surprised how easy it is to place satchels on moving axis tanks. and in most cases they blow up or just die to dead crew. as axis sapper you will have big problems getting kills on allied tanks while they are moving. it is known as "warping" satchel. 50% you cant put it on tank and rest of the tries it will stick to random spots you didnt aim for :angry:

Edited by undercova

vasduten1

An r35 can be rolling along in first gear doing 3km/hr and you cant place a satchel on it. if you get too close while trying to sap it, you die.

It's so nerfed that the entire premise of your OP makes me think this is a joke.

matamor

Is that already April fool day?

homeo

Guys I have been getting sapped while on the move, So telling me it can't be done doesn't help lol. Are you saying that sappers aren't MEANT to be able to sap a tank on the move? if so, then can we look into the exploit?

No other infantry can accurately deploy their weapon on the move, Why should sappers have this advantage?

Tanks in this game already suffer from a severe lack of realism. In this game you don't FEEL like you are in command of a tank, you FEEL like a single soldier scrambling about inside the hull of a tank. You cannot tactically advance while sweeping suppressing fire with the bow gunner. You cannot turn the tank while keeping the turret bearing on a target, you cannot monitor incoming threats from commanders position and relay driving directions to your driver. Multi-crew doesn't work, and is selfish in any case in such a consistently underpopulated game.

homeo

Undercova Yes it is mostly when I drive axis tanks that I am getting sapped on the move, although last map I was going almost plaid in a stuart through town and I got sapped. I must have been doing 60kmph and the guy managed to somehow sap me.

There are a LOT of problems with tanking in this game, and I certainly don't begrudge a sapper getting the jump on me stationary, he deserves that kill. But being able to leap out of a bush as I zip passed is a bit rich.....

vasduten1

Do you have the cs&r from that incident?

I bet you just took a round in the bullseye. 

I've heard one can place an HE while a tank is rolling, but have never seen it myselfor done it. 

Forgive me,  but I just don't believe your story. 

monsjoex
6 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

An r35 can be rolling along in first gear doing 3km/hr and you cant place a satchel on it. if you get too close while trying to sap it, you die.

It's so nerfed that the entire premise of your OP makes me think this is a joke.

Why are you using a sapper for a freaking R35? lol
Who is using that unit anyway besides noobies who don't have rank for others?

vasduten1

Sometimes you just happen upon one while out sapping.

leanderj
10 hours ago, homeo said:

Undercova Yes it is mostly when I drive axis tanks that I am getting sapped on the move, although last map I was going almost plaid in a stuart through town and I got sapped. I must have been doing 60kmph and the guy managed to somehow sap me.

There are a LOT of problems with tanking in this game, and I certainly don't begrudge a sapper getting the jump on me stationary, he deserves that kill. But being able to leap out of a bush as I zip passed is a bit rich.....

You sure you got sapped ? You sure u didnt get shot first by atg .. then a sapper finished you off maybe?

And if a tank goes slow.. you should be able to drop a satchel on it... when going above 20 mph it shouldnt be able i agree

undercova
18 hours ago, homeo said:

Stuart is pretty easy to sap. well ... only if you tap the mouse button in the right moment when the stuart runs past you at full speed. but thats it. if he runs at low speed near you and run besides him its like with most allied tanks. playing lottery if it will stick to the tank or not. for the stuart ... it will die to almost any satchel you put on it. it is small and thin armoured to withstand the HEAT satchel power.

guess why allied tankers love the matty ? they drive into town and keep moving forward/backward all the time at 0,05 km/h ... because they know its almost impossible to sap that tank while it is moving at ANY speed. plus the matty only dies to exact placed satchels on sap spot. not like the stuart where it doesnt really matter

vasduten1

I don't know how you guys can sap any moving tank.

I try, but can never get it to go, and get shot trying.

Dre21

Sapping while tank is moving near to almost impossible. Best I can manage is it will clip into Tank and then it's a crap shoot and that only works  maybe once out of 20 tries, but the tank needs to go slow enough . There is no way any sapper will place a satchel on any tank going full speed.  Now if any tank doesn't sit perfect on a flat surface it's a crap shoot too,90%of the time satchel doesn't stick to the spot you aim for. 

IT'S silly that there are certain sapper spots period. When I place a Heat charge flat on the engine compartment of any Tank it should take out the engine. Why does one side of the turret work but not the other?  Questions over questions . 

Edited by dre21

base21
On 2016-10-30 at 5:49 PM, leanderj said:

Id take up your challenge with 4kg sprint.. its easy.... and btw.. do you know the sapper has gone major changes allready ? 

we used to have a rifle... now we dont.. we used to be able to sap moving tanks... now the tank has to be stationary (also not firing its maingun) otherwise we cannot place a charge....

This and we used to have 4 HE charges that were all able to kill enemy tanks. Now HE charges can't even kill an A13, DAC or Panhard.

You are playing tanks and complain about sappers blowing you up too easily, but the truth is that is anything else but easy. If you die to sappers its your team's inability to protect valuable assets that is causing your problem. But rather than encouraging teamplay, you want the developers to nerf a class in the game that is a military smulator. Furthermore, like Leanderj already said, it has been nerfed previously already

vasduten1

Homeo is just a n00blet to the Whine Brigade.

Give him a little slack for being so ham-handed, he'll refine his nerf-whines some day.

pbveteran

Obviously you never used sapper before..

A good tanker will never be killed by a sapper unless he choses to, set up in a plain with few bushes, park under a tree, keep checking 360 often, keep your commander unbutton, understand that when shooting or appearing to be busy this will be the moment the sapper will advance to kill you, so if you suspect a sapper is around you shooting is a good tactic to draw him out, on close town attacks setup near friendly EI or make sure that EI passes through your tank...

Don't go through forests, don't park on heavily bushes areas, if park on a hill make sure you have visibility of possible EIs climbing the hill..

Edited by pbveteran

gavalink

Anytime I've tried to sap a moving tank, either I couldn't attach the charge and/or I died, or the tank drives away, spins its gun and kills me. Sapping takes some technique and Parasit's Guide. Also if the charge isn't placed in exactly the right spot all you do is irritate the tanker. Also depending on the tank, sappers aren't always silent and sometimes can easily be heard-especially on pavement (see Parasit's guide). Every weapon has it's strengths  & weaknesses.

matamor
On 11/5/2016 at 4:54 PM, vasduten1 said:

Give him a little slack for being so ham-handed, he'll refine his nerf-whines some day.

vasduten1

Pear Pineapple SOmePP!!!

stankyus

You can sap moving tanks. I can do it but its a hit or miss thing and very hard to do. YOU have to be still and the tank cant be rocking. Most the time the satchel warps and its ineffectual but sometimes you get them - blows an engine or track and every so often he blows... IF you get it on. I have tried to sap a tanks that were very slow in the bumpy wood tree lines and its near impossible because the tank is rocking. I also agree with undercova about the Stu, sapping one on the move usually nets you a kill. It used to be my favorite sap because it was so easy. The Char was my second because it goes so slow and you could sap the rear hull. That charge even if it warped would burn the tank.

thedonnas
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:54 AM, homeo said:

Sappers do not have to switch seats to attack or move

A sapper fully crews his/her unit.

A tanker in this game gets to crew something by themselves that if we want to talk realism should take "multi" crew (more than 1 player) to operate.

They also get to in the blink of an eye switch through these "multi" positions . Which in all fairness a single player taking on the roles of a "multi" crew by themselves should suffer a penalty for doing so like a timer to switch from position to position. Not in the blink of an eye or the speed of pressing of a single key as it is today

You got it good you should be happy