Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

FEEDBACK - 1.35.5.4 Infantry Predictor Code Hotfix Patch

waver25

<S!> All,

Please use this thread to post your feedback and comments regarding the 1.35.5.4 predictor code hotfix patch released on 11/3/2016.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! Stay up to date on the latest changes to improve infantry play by visiting the thread below:

First of all, thank you programmers for your hard work. This is a new video I made:

Maybe there is now a little bit less of warping but direction changes and zigzags are still too fast. Before this predictor code was introduced i was capable to kill enemies inside a cp with a rifle, now it's imposible to kill a good player who knows how to take advantage of this situation.

In my opinion the game was better before this predictor code, I can deal with some guys killing me through walls, but i can not deal with matrix movements everywhere.

One thing i have been thinking about since this all started is that i think Inf in game move to fast, we are all running round like we are Olympic athletes with no weight on, maybe by slowing down inf this code stuff will then start to have a larger effect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sydspain said:

First of all, thank you programmers for your hard work. This is a new video I made:

Maybe there is now a little bit less of warping but direction changes and zigzags are still too fast. Before this predictor code was introduced i was capable to kill enemies inside a cp with a rifle, now it's imposible to kill a good player who knows how to take advantage of this situation.

In my opinion the game was better before this predictor code, I can deal with some guys killing me through walls, but i can not deal with matrix movements everywhere.

Dude... being shot through walls, after going around a corner, shot first and then seeing then ei come around the corner, having a room full of defenders taken out by an LMG and not seeing him... i could go on.

The predictor code was a definite improvement, and they said it would be odd until they got it finished.

Relax, Francis.

Back to OP:

I'm seeing smoother inf movement, and when i shoot someone, they go down. 

Heard droptow saying he saw two stuarts rolling BACKWARD shifting gears and all.

Then i saw a stu rolling to me backward, i hit him and killed his engine but his turret was facing me and he shot the hell out of me and won.

It was outside of Weert w of town

• CORNERED RAT
15 hours ago, ibshot said:

downloaded patch and cant get game to load now. Says the icon is no longer valid.

Very sorry to hear this. I would very much consider that you do a full installation. For any additional support please contact our team at http://support.playnet.com , S!

• Registered Users

RE Stuart changing gears backing...Stu has either 3or 4 reverse speeds/gears. On phone atm so can't check exact nurmber

6 hours ago, dm79 said:

One thing i have been thinking about since this all started is that i think Inf in game move to fast, we are all running round like we are Olympic athletes with no weight on, maybe by slowing down inf this code stuff will then start to have a larger effect.

What if we even change requirements for sprint, so that you can not sprint unless you do it with forward button (W) pressed?

And during sprint, mouse movements (that stear the character) get more sluggish, not allowing to big angle changes. But as soon sprint button is release you are allowed to "twitch".

... oh, and a comment on latest patch: Saw some players warping when they being airborne (as expected from the release words about v2), but when meeting infantry running on ground I never saw anything strange. I rather had a good night, winning some battles inside depots. I even stayed up late to be able to compare play with American east coast prime time.

Although zooming out into the complete experience (not sure if predictor code is involved here) I have to say that tanks and planes are difficult to get hits on. And when you after 5-6 hits on a tank (with a 47mm ATG) get killed by that same tank, I get the feeling the clients are not completely synced with the server cell.

• B2K pinned this topic

For sure seems better, why not just slow all infantry movement speeds by 20% or so to help in this area?  Or at least the sprint speed?

One bug I reported yesterday is that I saw an EI move through the wall on the top level of a blown up capture building. Just for half a second and then he bounced back in. This really needs to be avoided (even with predictor walls should be walls) as before that moment I did not know he was there.

Edited by monsjoex

4 hours ago, monsjoex said:

One bug I reported yesterday is that I saw an EI move through the wall on the top level of a blown up capture building. Just for half a second and then he bounced back in. This really needs to be avoided (even with predictor walls should be walls) as before that moment I did not know he was there.

That's a known issue. The problem is that avoiding it would involve adding significantly more collision checks (or, ideally, a massive rewrite in how things work in general), and since some players were reporting performance issues with the new predictor we decided to err on the side of caution this time around. Unfortunately we're still at the point where a lot of our decisions tech-wise come down to "Which of these options sucks the least", and for now we decided that the occasional bit of clipping if someone runs right at a wall sucks less than hurting some players' performance. It's not great, but it's what we have to work with for now.

I was having an issue where the ping bar where the frame rate shows was sliding back and forth and players were warping back and forth with it. Also, flags would show not capturable  when I walked in and despawn timer wasn't showing. I updated my nividia drivers and so far so good. The new nvidia drivers are tricky as they would not install. I went into save mode and removed old drivers, then rebooted and installed drivers....they installed.

GTX 260

i52500k

windows 7 64bit

8gig ram(crucial)

Edited by snappahead

Infantry at a distance is still jerky....cannot get a good bead on them with a rifle as it was before any predictor work.  Needs a closer look.  Close quarters are a lot better than before.  Work is still needed as a whole though.

I agree with BMW. The players that deliberately zig zag their infantry sprint become unrealistically hard to hit. Our WWIIOL infantryman has a side step a professional athlete would be proud of.

From memory this had been addressed by CRS before. That was that they reduced the rate you could change direction when you were sprinting (ie more mouse movement was required whilst sprinting to change direction). It was years ago but from memory it worked well. Our infantryman of today seems far more agile than the infantryman years ago when that change was implemented so my guess is that it has been reversed at some time back in the past.

That could be a very effective way of addressing the sprinting side step. The predictor code combined with reducing a soldiers ability to change direction rapidly whilst sprinting could be the best overall solution.

On 11/8/2016 at 2:20 PM, bmw said:

Infantry at a distance is still jerky....cannot get a good bead on them with a rifle as it was before any predictor work.  Needs a closer look.  Close quarters are a lot better than before.  Work is still needed as a whole though.

Agree with everything above. Last patch helped a lot. Zigzaggers looks like Matrix characters still. Higher pingers are not dying instantly. Need a 2nd or a 3rd shot sometimes. Sprinters into CP are still too warpy. Thanks for the work gents!

Edited by matamor

On 07/11/2016 at 5:06 PM, jphartt said:

Still getting hit/no kill credit on confirmed kills.

Maybe the guy was just already hurt and considered killed by someone else. Happens often. I call em zombie EIs hehe

A great work team !!! S! and thank you..

every now and then I experience the instance of shooting someone and looks like they dont die.. but about 10-30 seconds later (which feels like life time when in bunker) they die... so i assume is some animation lag?  

But all and all 100000% percent improvement!! I feel like it is no longer impossible to clear 1 ei from bunker or for 1 ei to cap the CP when try to clear him 20 times.. and never even get to see them before dieing... not sure what exactly has changed..but massive improvement. many thanks!

thanks to all your hard work and keep up the good work!

I have super rig, 1G google fiber connection and the game locks up and freezes when EI coming into my area.  Hot fix fails in my opinion.

• waver25 unpinned this topic
  • waver25 unfeatured this topic
  • waver25 locked this topic