• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
delems

Remove armored cars.

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vasduten1 said:

...maybe it's because they'd have to face tank-killing fast ACs.

Maybe they don't WANT numbers for the 2C and 3F reduced in order to add a 234 with 50MM AP rounds.

How do you know it wouldn't come out of the stug b or 4d numbers?

23 hours ago, vasduten1 said:

...maybe it's because they'd have to face tank-killing fast ACs.

Maybe they don't WANT numbers for the 2C and 3F reduced in order to add a 234 with 50MM AP rounds.

Its a far stretch to add the PUMA a July 1944 weapon into a 1939-1940 time frame. I could understand a warp into 43 (T3) introduction.

The AP.40 which had been ingame in the beginning was not working properly due to the physics and was penetrating armor at further ranges then it should caused an issue along with the very low amount of AP,40 represented in early war was being overcome by simply respawning the gun over and over again.  The suggestion of AP.40 for the 232 IS a viable solution IF it operated properly. However it would come with a price. These are not to be unexpected however especially if the penetration power of it is as stated (similar to the 2pdr).

IF penetration is as stated, I assume its correct.

1. It would be similar to having a FULLY automatic 2 pdr gun that only produces less spall then the 2pdr.

2. Opens the door to having AP ammo on a fully auto cannon (IE, the 25mm AA gun and 6pdr ATG). Once AT rounds like AP.40 are exceptable you have 2 immediate reactions. A. Another Axis specialty round. B. The specialty AT capable round in the auto cannon format.

3. A heavy reduction in 232 numbers and possibly heavier armor like the 4D and stugB. Regardless less Axis kit. There is a price to be paid.

4. If no compensation like adding Allied specialty rounds, there will be a Allied backlash.

5. Getting rid of ACs affects the Allies much more then it would the Axis, however getting rid of the 232 will [censored] off a large Axis base as well.

ALL of this is moot anyway because the physics engine just does not handle AP.40 properly. SO the reality check is  AP.40 aint happening.

Dumping the ACs is not going to happen with out a massive backlash which is detrimental to the game. <-this is not a bias opinion.

Getting a upgraded triad of ACs is a positive and the very best option.

Even back when, the Pan was a tank killer....

I'm not talking about during WWII... it WASN'T a tank hunter then. I'm talking 2007.

Still uneven.

1 person likes this

On 11/6/2016 at 9:02 AM, delems said:

Seeing how balance is completely skewed (allied ACs kill every panzer in every tier, axis AC can't even kill all tier 0 tanks) and have highly unrealistic movement, crossing all terrain at high speeds, let's just remove them.  Add IICs and Vikys instead (not sure for french).  This will also aide in keeping FRUs alive longer with no zooming ACs roaming around.

Once the armor/weapon audit is done and wheeled movement can be more properly modeled, they could possibly return.

So as to not completely lose the work done for the vehicles (232, Panhard, DAC), maybe allow the navy and air force flags 1 or 2 only.

Balance must be looked at as a whole, not a part-there-of.

You are singling out the bullpen, preaching about inequality in relief pitchers, While not accounting for the rest of the team.

3 hours ago, kidd27 said:

Balance must be looked at as a whole, not a part-there-of.

You are singling out the bullpen, preaching about inequality in relief pitchers, While not accounting for the rest of the team.

Enlighten us then.  What part of the rest of the team makes up for the armored cars?  It seems to me that CRS has had to add a ton of tanks to the Axis spawn list.  Especially in tier 0.  I would think the Allied player base would be rooting for a tank killing lightly armored vehicle so that some of the armor could be removed from the spawn list.

Edited by saronin

On 7.11.2016 at 5:32 PM, pbveteran said:

They are certainly OP, I used to have a lot of fun driving a Scout car like a DAC or Panhard from another town and flank the enemy Panzers, I would kill many this way the STUG IIIG and tiger were the hardest but all other could get killed pretty easily.

I think this could be easily fixed by adding the PZGr 40 to the ammo of the 232, this way you could kill like 80% of the tanks with the 232 like the allies can with their Scour Cars to axis tanks.

right now you can only kill Pan with 232 if you get on his flank and shoot AP into side door. otherwise not. multi magazines into front and/or shooting into driver slit or turret does nothing

the ability of 232 to kill enemy tanks is EXTREMELY low while the DAC and PAN just kill almost everything on the battlefield while running in electric powered silenced mode

upgrade the 20mm ammo or give us another tank than the 232 and 2c

dont forget about navy flags

Axis: 232 and 2c

Brits: Vicky and Daimler

French: Panhard and R35

i guess i dont have to comment on that anymore eh ?

Edited by undercova

Yeah, defending against actual armor and ACs that can wipe out Panzers with one shot using 232s and IICs in towns with naval supply is really, and I mean REALLY lopsided.

Makes Zeeland battles a non-starter for Axis players. they'd rather just wait til the south and middle of the map are far enough west and then go for a big cut.

Time to either remove ACs or introduce the 234 in a later tier, (like tier 2,) and give the French flags a Panhard like the 232 for earlier tiers.

Balance...

Not nerfing.