• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
saronin

Mortar Damage to FBs

8 posts in this topic

Idea to make FB battles more interesting and take the fight into the field.  Make mortars to 1/8 the damage of the HE charge to an FB.  It would give the mortars purpose and make FB battles more varied.  Discuss.....

2 people like this

I luvs me some mortars.  Give me 10 minutes to set an MS and make a range ruler and I'll crush an AB... until I get rolled over because there just aren't enough bodies to cover the angles.

Population is this games biggest problem.  But yes, this is a good idea.  More options for one determined or well-prepared player to actually effect the game is usually a good bet.

People complain about not having fights in the field.  This idea helps create fights in the field.

this is a good idea. so its clear, mortars can already do small damage to the few fbs that have 'other' tents at them (the low supply tents) -  but only to those tents specifically, not to the inf or veh tents. (this works for grenades as well, typically/usually 1% damage to 'other tents' per grenade/ mortar he round.)

the same holds true for damaging bridges with mortar HE (1% dmg per hit), but not for grenades. 

so perhaps more damage could just be a coding replication or extension. 

Yeah think this would be great it would force the defenders to assault enemy mortar positions and this could be used as a tactic to draw defenders out so that engineers could move in to finish quicker.

Between 1-3% would be around the damage 1 mortar could deal to the FB.. 1% he had to launch at least 200 mortars that hit each VEH and INF, 2% 100 and 3% would need 66 rounds.

I think 1 to 2% would be best because 1 rifleman can oversupply the mortar and then he just keeps shooting since its pretty fast shooting mortars, dunno how fast the defenders could respond.

This could add mortar to mortar action and give more use to the mortarman..

It's a good idea but it makes it a lot harder to defend FBs. Unless, of course, you make the damage so minimal that it wouldn't be worth it.

20 hours ago, fortytwo said:

It's a good idea but it makes it a lot harder to defend FBs. Unless, of course, you make the damage so minimal that it wouldn't be worth it.

The idea is to give mortars a purpose in game and make FB battles more varied.  Mortar damage on FBs would have to be set so that only a sustained mortar attack would take the FB down.  Think of setting up as zone of control to attack an FB with mortars and having to defend a perimeter 500 meters out from the FB.