vasduten1

MOAR Inf Sounds!

9 posts in this topic

We have a small variety of death noises... and they're good.

We have the "Oops, crapped my pants"

"Hooant!"

And the always popular, "Aaargh!"

But we need some more.

"Mein Leben!"

Or... "Blimey!"

"Sacre Bleu!"

Discuss 

Better not “Mein Leben“ that is something unrealistic. I am from germany and belive me no real soilders will say “Mein Leben“ (Only in the game wolfenstein) if he die.

That make the game to a comedy. Of example if a allied soilder die and he say.

“Its my life“ 

But the idea with more sound is very nice i like this.

1 person likes this

On 11/8/2016 at 6:19 PM, vasduten1 said:

But we need some more.

"Mein Leben!"

hahahaha  I'm glad I'm not the only one to remember that!

I do agree though.  I've been in support of infantry (and vehicles) not dying off right away and perhaps lying on the ground screaming in pain until they finally lose enough blood to pass out and die.  It sounds horrible, but honestly, it SHOULD be.  This is war and we're shooting to kill people.  I'm no professional voice actor but I could try making a few of the sounds if they wanted.

But extra added variety is always good and I'd welcome it!

Not sure but you do want to market the game to other countries and some of them are very strict what and what not can be in a game. Like for example the swastika,, reason why we don't see it is because you would not being able to market the game in Germany. If I'm not mistaken german players don't see the blood spilling out of a shot soldiers but I could be wrong there. I'm German but live in the US all I know is they have stricter laws. 

32 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Not sure but you do want to market the game to other countries and some of them are very strict what and what not can be in a game. Like for example the swastika,, reason why we don't see it is because you would not being able to market the game in Germany. If I'm not mistaken german players don't see the blood spilling out of a shot soldiers but I could be wrong there. I'm German but live in the US all I know is they have stricter laws. 

Um... the swastika is absent because CRS decided long, long ago, (like when the game was in the conceptual stages and not even a game yet,) that there would be NO ties to Nazism at all.

Good decision.

I don't see how this point you make is tied to sounds in the game though, unless you are referring to inf sounds that "heil", etc.

I was only saying that we needed inf sounds that are more varied.

The swastika is absent cause you would not be able to market the game in Germany plain and simple. It's outlawed and a game with it ,is either forbidden or the game itself has it changed so it can be marketed in Germany. Now cause it runs on one server and there are not multiple playable servers I think you can see what I'm getting at. 

By the sounds if it is too brutal for censors they will slap a censorship sticker on it and the game will not be downloadable nor playable in that Country . It's all in the hands of censorship and youth laws over there. 

I grew up over there . Try going to a movie that has a not under 18 years age limit. You can show up with your parents as much as you want you ain't going to get to see it. 

If you want to argue over it be my guest . I'm just trying to tell you that other countries are more strict when it comes to stuff like that. I know it's odd with all the other crap that comes out of Germany but it is what it is.

Edited by dre21