sublimesw

How Are the Axis Making a Come-back?

How Are the Axis Making a Come-back?   32 members have voted

1. 1. So the Axis seem to all of a sudden be turning things around. Our squad currently plays for them, so this is a good thing. But what are your thoughts? Why do you think they are all of a sudden (just before the end of a campaign) kicking back?

• Players from the Allied side are switching over to make the campaign more interesting
    • The Axis get a text message at 90% Allied control telling them to get back into the game
    • base21 is the most magnificent Field Marshal out there, so the come-back is thanks to him
    • Something else? (Post below to share your thoughts).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

Others have said most of this before, but I'll put it together.

Fatigue set in for the allies after over a week of softcaps on the slog to Frankfurt, followed by the days-long battle to finally get that city.  Breakdown at AHC meant that nobody was on to move flags at a critical time, which was exploited by GHC to engineer a small breakout.  Later that night, tier change comes, everyone gets new tiers, axis players log in and see that not only do they have new toys, but there are actually good things happening on the map.  They stay on longer, and the numbers bump turns a small breakout into a mass cutoff, dozens of softcaps, and the comeback you see now.

Whenever momentum changes in a campaign its always numbers that do it, the causes behind the numbers swings are the more interesting part of it.

1 person likes this

GHC  especially potthead and his clones are logged in seemingly 24/7...he is inspiring his troops with good leadership and understaning when to push and when to consolidate.

1 hour ago, droptow said:

GHC  especially potthead and his clones are logged in seemingly 24/7...he is inspiring his troops with good leadership and understaning when to push and when to consolidate.

This.. and be4 that a few die hard Axis officers keeps logging on on Axis side so that when all hope seem lost just log on to get it dragged on and on and hope for a counter attack... sort of like a battle of the bulge thing... S!

That's interesting, but yes, I think you may be right about the swing dynamics. Never thought about how the tier system motivates more players to get on. But then again, from the new players I recruit, I know I hear: "So when do we get the Tiger?" 

I must absolutely commend potthead, base21, and many of the other Axis high command that I see logged on. Lately I have had the time to play during the day, and I've definitely seen them around. It's been fun to organize missions with them--super fun!

Cheers and see you on the battlefield!

I definitely agree with the above reasons given, and still voted "side switchers".

:)

I really think that the whole playerbase was suffering as the map grew stale and morale was at an all time low.

***EDIT: I didn't even finish my thought here... hahaha*** A lot of players came over Axis to remedy this, and really helped to change the momentum. 8th Chasseurs have been so much fun to have around -always looking to pitch in, and always a vasectomy joke around somewhere lol.

In addition to potthead and base21 kicking major [censored] with the assets given to them, I'll make an addition: wolfpup.

I've played with wolfpup for a long, long time and even though he's not really in the forefront directing players, he's taken map when others weren't on and has made a huge difference. He really has a keen eye for brigade movements, and knows how to really get the Allied base off their attacks.

In fact, I've helped so many times with DDZ to get FBs back Axis and we've gotten on stale AOs and grabbed spawnables just as Allied offensives were beginning. Let me tell you what happens when they have set up and are coordinating an attack, only to see key depots capped in a town they REALLY need to keep: They divert resources off of the attack because they can't afford not to.

Wolfpup, base21 and potthead are just a great team and work cohesively to keep them on the ropes. All three of them commit themselves to the map almost 24/7 or this wouldn't have happened.

Edited by vasduten1

All of that sounds very interesting. Maybe one day I will understand the high command stuff. In the meantime, I am enjoying my ignorance. :)

1 person likes this

This has in fact so little to do with numbers rather than planned, organized and untiresome attacks and defence. It's the players that listen to others, communicate well and use teamwork as their main weapon who accomplish this. Not the quantity over quality mentality that rallies strength in numbers. Even the strongest chains (axis) break at their weakest link (that's you, sublimesw, because you are and always will be allied).

We were afraid of using one Division against two but we manned up and assaulted instead of whimpering in the defence. The take of Unkel has been an undeniable turn for us which still has not lost its momentum.

PS. The numbers BS. is the biggest myth and accepted lie for those uncapable to lead and of using creative means to turn the tide and I HATE IT with a passion!

This has in fact so little to do with numbers rather than planned, organized and untiresome attacks and defence. It's the players that listen to others, communicate well and use teamwork as their main weapon who accomplish this. Not the quantity over quality mentality that rallies strength in numbers. Even the strongest chains (axis) break at their weakest link (that's you, sublimesw, because you are and always will be allied).

We were afraid of using one Division against two but we manned up and assaulted instead of whimpering in the defence. The take of Unkel has been an undeniable turn for us which still has not lost its momentum.

PS. The numbers BS. is the biggest myth and accepted lie for those uncapable to lead and of using creative means to turn the tide and I HATE IT with a passion!

1 person likes this

PS. I was joking, you're not the weakest link. Depot snipers, Panzerfaust cap resetters and other supplywasting heroes are at fault. The people that absolutely do not want to play the game in the way it's best for the rest of the side. Sure, go ahead, do it your way "mate" but make sure anyone with a tactical sense or aspiration of that higher than losing 5 towns per day, will think ill of you. Your inveterable behaviour, inability to cooperate and unwillingness to learn the wide spread axis über doctrine is making my blood boil.

PS. I was joking, you're not the weakest link. Depot snipers, Panzerfaust cap resetters and other supplywasting heroes are at fault. The people that absolutely do not want to play the game in the way it's best for the rest of the side. Sure, go ahead, do it your way "mate" but make sure anyone with a tactical sense or aspiration of that higher than losing 5 towns per day, will think ill of you. Your inveterable behaviour, inability to cooperate and unwillingness to learn the wide spread axis über doctrine is making my blood boil.

1 hour ago, base21 said:

It's not a lie, the side who has more numbers is the side who wins the campaign. 

Lol base21 ... lay of the pott man ;) 

Seriously.. it has to do with numbers and with people willing to cap or not.... if you have a really huge overpop then no way the enemy can properly defend against those numbers... but if its a slight overpop then its doable.. heck you can even cap a town if you are underpop... as long as you have people willing to rush in and cap those cps / abs... and not just sit and snipe at a depot ... and meanwhile your depot is under recap by ei... and then when its recapped ask on side how did we lose it.... like  duh! 

And numbers correlate also to morale... you have high morale on your side then  your side will stay on onger then they normally would, low morale.. people tend to logg off quicker.. 

3 hours ago, leanderj said:

Seriously.. it has to do with numbers and with people willing to cap or not.... if you have a really huge overpop then no way the enemy can properly defend against those numbers... but if its a slight overpop then its doable.. heck you can even cap a town if you are underpop... as long as you have people willing to rush in and cap those cps / abs... and not just sit and snipe at a depot ... and meanwhile your depot is under recap by ei... and then when its recapped ask on side how did we lose it.... like  duh! 

And numbers correlate also to morale... you have high morale on your side then  your side will stay on onger then they normally would, low morale.. people tend to logg off quicker.. 

I disagree. How did finland win the war against russia and how did axeinc kill all those terrorists while they were outnumbered? ;)

On 2016-11-15 at 11:37 AM, sydspain said:

It's not a lie, the side who has more numbers is the side who wins the campaign. 

lies.

1 hour ago, base21 said:
On 15/11/2016 at 11:37 AM, sydspain said:

lies.

In the last 30 campaigns only 1 time (campaign 118) the winner side had less TOM than the losing side. (0,8%)

Allied were winning until November 9 because they had more numbers, and now Axis are winning because they have more numbers.

Edited by sydspain

47 minutes ago, sydspain said:

In the last 30 campaigns only 1 time (campaign 118) the winner side had less TOM than the losing side. (0,8%)

Allied were winning until November 9 because they had more numbers, and now Axis are winning because they have more numbers.

Proves to me the losing side didn't organize well enough and therefore lost numbers. It goes in sequence

On 11/16/2016 at 2:10 PM, sydspain said:

I knew our C118 victory was a rarity, but seeing those numbers really makes me smile :D 

A campaign for the record books.  

To answer the OP: there is overall population, and then there is a subset of that population I like to call "content creators."  They are essentially what leanderj describes above.  The FRU drivers, the field leaders, and the HC officers with a plan; these are the people that drive maps east or west.  

When one side's content creators stop logging in, the outcome of campaigns can be either accelerated or reversed.  In this case it was the latter.  

On 11/14/2016 at 9:37 PM, vasduten1 said:

Wolfpup, base21 and potthead are just a great team and work cohesively to keep them on the ropes. All three of them commit themselves to the map almost 24/7 or this wouldn't have happened.

Pretty well this. All are positive and pro active....enjoyable to follow and play alongside.

I am waiting eagerly for the next map with the new FMS to see how our squad and "friends" organizes around the PPO options.

S!

OH..! and I think GLACIER deserves some "loving" here !!

He also pushed, led, and cajoled people in to action. 

S!

On 11/16/2016 at 8:10 AM, leanderj said:

CAPPING! I am one of those suckers who will go cap....and given my medium skill level (and computer setup) are likely to die if ei rush.

However, there is some satisfaction in seeing the caps accomplished. Most of my squad knows, somehow???, to cap and not die so much. It's a wonder lol.

As Leanderj notes...people snipe and have their fun and that is all part of the game. Not sure why I just don't go it. lol.

Mb my stats would improve...then again...there's no hope for them now after all these years. 

lol

@elfin -- haha. I know the feeling. I always tell my squadmates to go in for a cap with at least three people. One or two of us are always bound to die due to rushing infantry.