aunghous

Cant use commanders in tanks

28 posts in this topic

I have asked several people including my CO B2K . We cant figure it out .  I hear the hatch open up hit the number period button and everything except HUD  goes black . I have re keymapped it same thing . Re downloaded the game same thing . Also I cant even get the driver hatch to open in the Damilier.

Any solution?

Anybody else having this problem?  I seem to have the same thing.  There is no animation of the commander going unbuttoned. Hatch sounds and then nothing.  Doesn't matter how long you wait 'cause it ain't happenin'.  I can't get any crew members in any vehicle to unbutton.

2 minutes ago, jmr said:

Any solution?

Anybody else having this problem?  I seem to have the same thing.  There is no animation of the commander going unbuttoned. Hatch sounds and then nothing.  Doesn't matter how long you wait 'cause it ain't happenin'.  I can't get any crew members in any vehicle to unbutton.

which tank?

All of them. I tried about 8 or 10 tanks of all nationalities. Hatch opening sounds and then nothing else happens. 

The French tanks.... Char, s35, r35, h39 have a commander periscope. I commander does not "popup"

1 hour ago, OldZeke said:

which tank?

Do me a favor

go offline mode (so no one is shooting at you)

Spawn an A13 or a PZIII

hit 2 for position 2 commander

Now hold what ever key you use for look up, or hit mouse freelook and look up

You see hatch?

Ok now hit the open hatch key while looking up. also listen to sound.

Do you see hatch move?
and does the sound played end in a metallic thump or not?

I am kind of suspecting some kind of keybinding/control issue where the hatch is opening and then closing right away.
the A13 and PZIII have a hatch thumping closed sound (others do also but not all)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Same issue. The sound is correct  but nothing happens. I have already gone through the key bindings  without finding any conflicts.

I just spawned a P3H and tried the free look as suggested. Looking up it's like you're looking through some cloth and can see a hazy sun. It's the same whether open or closed. Looks the same in driver position as well. Something ain't right that's for sure. I have no real idea what to do about it.

Commander view looking up.

DCWMctz.png

Driver view looking up.

s6Cc3sr.png

especially what is your video?
Cause that is freaky

Since you are in offline mode, rubberband to an external view.
You should atleast be able to see the guy pop up and down?

did you get a new PC?

You didnt have this before right?

Edited by merlin51

I haven't really played WW2OL much for about 5 years or so. A little bit here and there but I haven't had it installed on my PC for about a year. I don't remember this problem until this recent reinstall. I have played it fairly heavily on this machine in the past.

When looking at the vehicle externally it looks correct as buttoned up but there is no external change  when supposedly unbuttoned. Like I said before, the sound is correct but nothing happens visually.

This rig is 4 or so years old.
        Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz    60 °C
            Haswell 22nm Technology
        RAM
            16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
        Motherboard
            MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0)    40 °C
        Graphics
            ASUS VE278 (1920x1080@60Hz)
            4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)    49 °C
        Storage
            232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)    33 °C
            931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0 (SATA)    27 °C
            2794GB Seagate ST3000DM008-2DM166 (SATA)    27 °C
        Optical Drives
            HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

Ok something is wrong, very wrong, but i am not 100% sure if it be graphics yet.

can you try some other things?

Deploy an ATG, can you see the animations in 1st and 3rd person?

Spawn a bofors and deploy it

Spawn an M10, can you see the sky?
Deploy the MG gunner, deploy the commander

Spawn an opel or bedford
Open the doors

Spawn a b1 bis, open the gunners rear hatch
Watch the handle etc

Spawn a DB 7, deploy the top or belly gunner

Can you see any of that? in 1st or 3rd person.
Yes i am looking for something, but cant put my finger on it yet

The only tanks that the driver's overhead hatch opens on (in so far as the driver's head is visible) are both Sherman's and Stuart. Not sure if that is implemented on M-10 or not.

it does pop on the M10
Many tanks do not and only have vision slits, french T0, axis all i think, brit all i think

How bout any of the other things?

Edited by merlin51

Honestly, I would mess with you graphics settings, try setting a different resolution, do you have any custom graphics options set through your nvidia control panel? things like that.

The results are in! I checked almost every tank, armored car, truck and at/aa gun in game plus several planes and have definitive results. Simply put, everything works and looks exactly like it should except all vehicles that fall under the category of armored vehicles. 

I can drive armored vehicles, fire weapons etc. but I cannot unbutton, use periscopes, open flaps etc. As stated before, the correct sound is heard when the button is pushed but nothing visual happens either in first person or external third person view. When in driver position I cannot switch views to periscope view or when in commander position I cannot use binos, just blackness, so its not unbuttoning or moving periscope or flap and just not showing animations. Nothing is happening except sound.

As far as graphical issues such as the images I shared earlier, they are not  present on other vehicle types that I checked, only armored vehicles but are not universal on them. It seems to be dependent on how close position is to roof of vehicle. I don't know that it matters much to the issue at hand. 

I've reinstalled the game from a fresh download, updated all drivers and tried changing keymapping so I'm kinda at a loss at this point. It seems that pushing the button triggers the sound but not the rest of what's supposed to happen.

@jmr I’m at a loss as well.. Never seen or heard of this before.. Let me talk to some of the Devs and see what additional information they might want.. Can you private msg me or email me your dxdiag? my email is scking@corneredrats.com

33 minutes ago, jmr said:

The results are in! I checked almost every tank, armored car, truck and at/aa gun in game plus several planes and have definitive results. Simply put, everything works and looks exactly like it should except all vehicles that fall under the category of armored vehicles. 

I can drive armored vehicles, fire weapons etc. but I cannot unbutton, use periscopes, open flaps etc. As stated before, the correct sound is heard when the button is pushed but nothing visual happens either in first person or external third person view. When in driver position I cannot switch views to periscope view or when in commander position I cannot use binos, just blackness, so its not unbuttoning or moving periscope or flap and just not showing animations. Nothing is happening except sound.

As far as graphical issues such as the images I shared earlier, they are not  present on other vehicle types that I checked, only armored vehicles but are not universal on them. It seems to be dependent on how close position is to roof of vehicle. I don't know that it matters much to the issue at hand. 

I've reinstalled the game from a fresh download, updated all drivers and tried changing keymapping so I'm kinda at a loss at this point. It seems that pushing the button triggers the sound but not the rest of what's supposed to happen.

I have one last thing to ask
Can you pick a unit and have a friend watch you deploy commander online in a unit that is not working for you?
Ask friend if he sees your commander pop up or not?

Edited by merlin51

One thing brought up to me by another QA team member, do you have any type of program on your computer that may create macros or special keys installed? Possibly when you press ‘o’  to open the hatch, that your computer is actually pressing ‘o’ twice? So now your getting the sound playing of the hatch opening yet it’s actually opening and then closing again.

You can get better visual feedback, if you load up a Laffly and press ‘o’ and you can watch the front window drop.. 

thats why i want to see what a 3rd party sees when he deploys a commander.
I am feeling like he is failing to render certain types of change states.

Thats one reason i asked about the M10 because the MG is already rendered before deplyment, it simply moves
A PZIII deploying a commander, the commander's deployed position does not graphically exist to the user until it is triggered

But if a 3rd part does not see his commander pop up, then it is an input issue of some sort.

I did see that once, the person had deploy stug as something like

<keyabsolute 100 onrelease 0>

and he would hit deploy and it would start and when he released deploy it undeployed

@jmr can you also map the “open hatch” to another button, on say your joystick or right click on your mouse to make sure it’s not an issue with the keyboard? btw I got your email. Once I eliminate any keyboard issue, I will make a ticket to see how we can get this fixed..

It's working now but I'm not exactly sure why. I was messing around with the key mapping and put "p" as the secondary binding and it started working for "o" and "p". After that I changed it back to the way it was and it's working fine. When I would change the primary binding to another key before it still wouldn't work. Now it will. Putting something in the secondary binding changed something.

It's a mystery to me.