Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

goreblimey

Timers Suck Big Time

goreblimey

An example of how bad the timers and user interface are.

I think 6 - 8 ei para drop not sure how many make it to spawn cp. I despawn ,make mission at threatend cp (which takes forever and also needs cleaning up)  get into cp die respawn and return to cp .and the place is capped. What the hell is that. Please adjust this  How the hell is that remotely fair to the underpop side , no wonder 10 guys move the map when theres only 3-4 friendlys on. I can just imagine how many customers would leave a game like WT if all matches were 10 plus vs 4.  This must be adressed. I dont wont to have their para drop penalised (good play to them) but I had zero chance, so why play? And Please make it abundantly clear if CAP bonus or delay is in effect. 

B2K

the timers are set to reward teamwork - the more in a CP the faster the timer goes. 

vasduten1

Why shouldn't more than 5 paras be able to capture a cp in that amount of time?

I agree that mission making and navigating the UI is tedious and counter intuitive though.

Active Battles tab was added and then there was ANOTHER series of clicks just to get t the brig headquarters again to make a mission.

Seems to me there should be a back button.

goreblimey

I said I understood the paras get a reward for teamwork, what I am saying is where is my incentive as an underpopulated player to provide entertainment for the baby seal clubbers

david01

I like how a bunch of guys that got a pilot, waited on the airfield for enough paras, flew to target without getting shot down, dropped somewhere near the target without splatting and not in front of AI towers, focused on a building, and killed the OP...all to capture a single depot and they're the ones accused of baby seal clubbing.

Also how the OP thinks that he is the one providing the entertainment and not the people organizing a paratrooper drop.

goreblimey

David01 , so you think it's entertaining to play against zero opposition. 

monsjoex

Actually the fact that we can spawn in a depot that is under capture is a bad game mechanic.

if it is 1 guy capping I can probably spawn and rush him 4 times (1 per 1-2 min).

Edited by monsjoex

vasduten1
16 hours ago, goreblimey said:

David01 , so you think it's entertaining to play against zero opposition. 

I think he was trying to say that you need to look at the whole picture.

Sure, we all know it sucks to try and defend when underpopped, and I know from long experience that when a spawn CP is under cap and the call goes out on side chat, it takes FOREVER for anyone to show up and help, if at all.

Usually it's me yelling at people because I tell them five times while trying to recap and then it goes down. That's another story.

It sucks being delayed at the UI screens, but making an analogy to WT just doesn't apply here.

This is never a numerically balanced game. I'm sure some times the numbers are dead even, but it fluctuates.

Maybe "underpop" in this case means you were almost alone in a town while others played in different towns.

Your side was underpop, but more specifically, YOU were in an underpop scenario, acutely, and at a depot.