Sparre

Bushes as PPO concealments

20 posts in this topic

All troops likes to conceal their positions when possible. Why not allow all infantry to place a PPO as a smaller bush? A PPO that can be placed ontop FMS, GE and foxholes and just next to sandbags and tanktraps.

5 people like this

I like the idea but I dont think soldiers in the field planted bushes. Maybe something else could be used.

3 hours ago, bmw said:

I like the idea but I dont think soldiers in the field planted bushes. Maybe something else could be used.

they used local foliage etc to cover their positions and camo themselves up also.

1 person likes this

Could be fun - even today we spend a bit of time on 'how to camouflage yourself and equipment. couple of twigs here, a few dug up shrubs there...... should never be enough to look completely like a bush, but enough to break up the 'standard' silhouette. 

Tiger+Camo.jpg

12 hours ago, B2K said:

Could be fun - even today we spend a bit of time on 'how to camouflage yourself and equipment. couple of twigs here, a few dug up shrubs there...... should never be enough to look completely like a bush, but enough to break up the 'standard' silhouette. 

Tiger+Camo.jpg

This is exactly what I'm after… to be able to break the silouette a bit. Which is just a realistic feature in my humble opinion.

15 hours ago, saronin said:

How about a camo net PPO?

There was a camo net covering very early gun emplacement. These camo net didn't do any difference. To the contrary they said "- Here's a gun emplacement!". They was removed after the first major ingame overhaul in early 2003 (or late 2002?) when all minor 2D buildings was gone (2D buildings = all 1st generation buildings had built proof walls thinn as rice paper).

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:06 AM, Sparre said:

There was a camo net covering very early gun emplacement. These camo net didn't do any difference. To the contrary they said "- Here's a gun emplacement!". They was removed after the first major ingame overhaul in early 2003 (or late 2002?) when all minor 2D buildings was gone (2D buildings = all 1st generation buildings had built proof walls thinn as rice paper).

The old camo nets didn't actually use colors that matched the terrain.  CRS had a history of doing things like that.  For example the original Tiger camo.

On 12/11/2016 at 1:52 AM, XOOM said:

I'll put it on the list and get back to you.

Any update on this PPO? We talking about small foliage concealment, just to be able to conceal a foxhole. Maybe two PPO's should be necessary to conceal a foxhole. The foliage PPO shouldn't be bigger than that.

I thinking one of these two bushes, or something new that might be a tad smaller even. But then should such a new bush also be present all over the map so it's not obviously the PPO bush for everyone.

WW2-OL-Bushes-for-concealment.jpg