• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optik

Bring back climbable structures/ruble

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

We need to be able to get on top of high points in town, currently that is very limited to what it was a few years back where rubble could be shimmied, to jump onto other structures, also the little vault boost youd get from jumping over a pointy roof has also been removed meaning you cant use existing roof's to jump onto others (previously you could). This is unfortunate since it removes alot of preplanning and complexity of the battle, mainly defence. (yes i would preprepare buildings by destroying some that could be climbed to get onto others for better vantage points)

Fighting on ground level with the lack of general cover available is basically a funnel death trap, make more eneterable buildings that have multiple stories and open windows, even if thsoe buidlings are akin to the red factory buildings, its fine, get citites and towns to be a multi layerd fight, not just ground level.

Also please bring back the rubble state of large city blocks, the ones that had beams fallen across the rubble etc that you could walk into, the town fighting needs to be more dynamic, with more avenues rubble allows that.

Yes, ever since infantry ML FRUs came about, they borked the climbing of structures (primarily river banks, but it also borked roofs, walls and chapel ladder).  This needs to be brought back, we have truck FMS now, so allow climbing. (or at least have a PPO ladder?)

SShot1306.jpg

You used to be able to get into the attic of this building with some shimmy skill, bring back pLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, one of the best sniping/lmg positions ever

I really liked roof access in cities. Added a whole new dimension to the game and made for a better gameplay experience.  Roof to ground sniping and roof to roof sniping were some of  the best parts of the game, along with the occasional aircraft strafing of said snipers.

There has to be a balance of tactical offense and defense. Any design-functionality step that leads to strengthened defense would unbalance that aspect of the game. Ditto for changes that primarily benefit offense.

The best way to ask for a change that will add good defense positions is to also propose a simultaneous practical change that will add a good offensive tactic.  

*** There has to be a balance of tactical offense and defense.

This was borked a while ago - climbing was always available - he is only asking for it to be reinstated from it's broken state.  Not adding some great new unbalancing tactic.

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

There has to be a balance of tactical offense and defense. Any design-functionality step that leads to strengthened defense would unbalance that aspect of the game. Ditto for changes that primarily benefit offense.

The best way to ask for a change that will add good defense positions is to also propose a simultaneous practical change that will add a good offensive tactic.  

As Delems said, being able to climb stuff, is used both offensivly and defensivley, it dosnt change the balance of a city fight, if you get into the city/town, you can climb the same building, I also used to stuka bomb or sap towns sometimes just to destroy certain buildings before i attacked with  sniper to get a good position. Also having the buildings actually eneterable and multi story will increase the fight to be more enjoyable, holding blocks, holding buildings, will be important and with area capture you could fortify buildings in town, have mini stalingrads at most battles.

The fights now mostly restricted to ground level is very one dimensional, most towns are basically flat boards with no terrain diffrences and should not be, many windows, many stories would make fighting for towns alot more dynamic.

I like climbable/different levels, and want to see more.

Although, some stuff was not climbable by intention and looked bad from a 3rd person perspective

Sure, because shimmying up a thin edge of a broken brick wall with a nearly vertical pitch is realistic.

I agree to some scenarios, but certainly not the example in the picture you provided.

That's horse poop.

1 hour ago, vasduten1 said:

Sure, because shimmying up a thin edge of a broken brick wall with a nearly vertical pitch is realistic.

I agree to some scenarios, but certainly not the example in the picture you provided.

That's horse poop.

ok so code a mechanic that gives a 3d model of my toon climbing into the attic, cause im pretty sure you would be able to do it irl, if we want to be so realistic here...

2 hours ago, optik said:

if we want to be so realistic here...

The alternative of course would just be to bunnyhop onto the roof or into an upper story building opening.

In discussions in the old design/beta forum, Gopher said at the time that the reason climbing went away was because CRS didn't have either the character animations or functional mechanics to make it look or function realistically.

It used to be said that when a game change is suggested by the community, usually the types of gameplay that are being suggested...in this case, sniping and LMG fields of fire from well protected semi-fixed positions...would become more survivable, and the tupes of gameplay that would be the targets...in this case, usually moving soldiers...would become less survivable. Gameplay evolves toward what's survivable, so this proposed change would have the effect of decreasing infantry movement and making the game more static.

Edited by jwilly

A little birdie told me that stairs will make a come back in big cities. If said birdie just pulled my chain or not I'm not sure but I sure would like to see it come back too.

That was kinda of an exploit..

But getting on top of apartments of cities through ladders wasn't and that's what I want back more verticality that isn't an exploit.. most buildings should have a path to the top floor or a balcony/terrace.

Getting access to roof tops on apartments have been asked before by me and others, it made ambush on cities more fun and allowed better scouting and even sniper to sniper roof top action that was very fun.

15 hours ago, pbveteran said:

That was kinda of an exploit..

But getting on top of apartments of cities through ladders wasn't and that's what I want back more verticality that isn't an exploit.. most buildings should have a path to the top floor or a balcony/terrace.

Getting access to roof tops on apartments have been asked before by me and others, it made ambush on cities more fun and allowed better scouting and even sniper to sniper roof top action that was very fun.

Its not an exploit, you would be able to do it irl, its simply a lack of appropriate animation to show it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0