rule303

How The?

20 posts in this topic

Got 2 allied lawnmowers with rifle shots in back to back sorties last map LOL. 

I'd post the screenie, but photobucket has been broken for me for some reason. Log in, hit upload, then it prompts me to login again and again and again lol. 

A squaddie killed a Hurri last night with his MP40 since it was flying 6ft off the ground along with slowhand.

It happens, and when it does... it's rewarding haha

Back in 2007 ish I shot down a 107 with a tank APHE round. I hit right in the nose and .5 seconds later boom.

A few maps back (well maybe more than a few) - someone caught an aircraft with the mortar... (allegedly).  My only personal success was a 110 when I was a LMG.

12 hours ago, sideout said:

<<<<<<note to self........don't fly six feet off the ground anymore!

:lol:

Nice work, killing a plane as an infantryman is always rewarding. Some people have even killed planes with lobbed grenades.

Only happened once but a Blen was coming overhead and I actually used the 88 as a AAA . Hit the wing right by the fuselage.  Flipped that wing up just like that WWII footage of the B29 or is it the B17 that I have seen so many times.

Another time sending a 88 shell past a oncoming Hurricane cockpit  that made the pilot pull so hard to the left that he must have blacked out and crashed.

2 memories of this game that will always stick with me.

I killed a hurri or spit a long time ago with a rifle was pretty cool as well, I was in a church he did a very low pass, had a clear aim at the cockpit then heard an explosion crash off screen xD

I also remember a guy I was once defending an fb he had an lmg then a french plane pass really close he shot rambo still at the plane must have hit right under the belly the plane exploded in mid-air..

Another time I was fighting in Zees up North think we came from a gilder drop and there was a spit strafing really close to the ground we just fill him with holes not sure if we killed him but I remember he was smoking badly.. 

But yeah that's rare only saw it 3 times since 2005.. still that's why you always shoot at planes when they come close to the ground...

Edited by pbveteran

On 14/12/2016 at 2:44 AM, B2K said:

A few maps back (well maybe more than a few) - someone caught an aircraft with the mortar... (allegedly).  My only personal success was a 110 when I was a LMG.

I was mortaring the Huy bridge from the SCP  by the river to stop allies repairing or blowing it from the south end and killed a diving enemy plane with mortar round over the bridge.

Years ago i downed a DB7 with MP40 at Genk SCP.

Edited by actonman

I wish I had kept the screen shot. About 3 yrs ago I was shelling a tank across the small valley with my matte when a 190 decides to take a run through the valley. He flew right into my AP round, kaboom. First and only time I killed a plane with a tank. Was funny as hell.

Have killed a few EA with inf over the years. 4 or 5 fighters with SMG, A C47 with a sniper, a Hurri with a Pz 4D, and many years ago a Stuka with a S35. Is gratifying on the few occasions it happens.

Edited by derfflingr

Moz has shot me down 3x now with an 88, 1x with a pak 38, once with a 4g, once with a g41, and twice with a 232 that I remember. Kareca got me with a tiger a few maps ago. I have been killed by several mg 34s over the years. What's worse is one night alone BB shot my spit down with his tg in a 111 3 times in a row. He prob remembers that still.

Back when we had nuke contact hand grenades I nearly killed myself but killed a db7 straffing the ab. I killed a h75 with a pistol while in the church tower as he few a few feet past the steeple. IIRC that was my first inf kill on plane.

i got 2 stukas with a smg. we were soo deep in a cut we couldn't spawn, had to use trucks to get to towns.

first was dive bombing our cp i opened up on him while he was above me, got him to panic and miss.

second was flying low looking for our truck (he was reserved in a cp) i opened up on him about 50m away and again just below him flying across, he backed off both times.

only 5 of us could keep the cut going, too much EA for paras. 3 were bombed, another was sniped by AI, in the end i had to softcap the last town alone.

felt like Leo Major (am still a noob) after that, last survivor taking out 2 planes and capturing a town alone : )

I do remember way back when I first started playing in 2011 shooting down 2 FW190s in a single sortie with a Sherman. I was driving to support an AO when I got tracked by an ET which I eliminated. A 190 then attempted to strafe me, probably because I was in the middle of the road, thinking that his cannons could penetrate. After he did a few unsuccessful passes, I managed to swat him with the 76mm gun. He then came back for round 2, and I repeated. One of my fondest memories when it comes to tanking.