XOOM

Welcome Back Soldiers! Winter Break 2016

27 posts in this topic

Cornered Rat Software wants to welcome you all back! Please check in and post a little about you, when you joined and any other comments you'd like to leave.

We hope you get lots of play time in and become aware of all of the latest developments we've been making on the game. Your support has never been more appreciated or necessary.

Merry Christmas!

WBS_promo_Dec2016.jpg

2 people like this

I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and good to see you going nuts still Xoom :)

I have no idea if this is my original account anymore, or.. but i was a member of 101st, in 2002-2004 BKB for a short time, due to low membership, and AEF towards the merger.

So hopefully some of those guys are still around.

I also have no idea how to play the game anymore, but i am sure it will come back to me :)

OH ya this account i just figured out was 2010 on the forums, so i guessing my original account is still there too.

Edited by brooks123

1 hour ago, catfive said:

Hi I'm new

Thanks.  I just about spit out my gum.  My sons thought I was about to have a seisure.

-Irish

Xoom, you said you were challenging folks to show what they're doing to promote the game.  I just put a new thread in the Star Citizen Forums' "Other Games" section.

--------------------

WBS%2012-2016.jpg

From now through January 3rd, all Battleground Europe: World War II Online accounts are upgraded to Premium level.  All old accounts are reactivated.  World War II Online is the only persistent universe (campaigns lasting weeks or months) combined arms MMO.  What you do makes a difference, whether on land, sea, or air.  If you haven't tried it, now is the time.  If you have played, now is the time to come back.

In addition, new upgrades are now in effect.  PPOs (player-placed objects) are now ingame.

Foxholes : Formerly known as "infantry fighting positions" - Player placed individual fortifications
Sandbags:  Stacked sandbags not only provide cover, but block vehicles.
Gun Emplacements:  Larger fortifications - Can hold smaller AA/AT guns
Tank Traps:  The infamous "Czech hedgehog" metal obstacles
Ammo Caches:  Boxes of ammo where players can resupply

In addition, there is a new fortified mobile spawn point as well as an urban mobile spawn point (for use in cities/towns).

WBS_promo_Dec2016.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNM_v6L16Do

And, for your viewing pleasure, from WillyTee Productions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOpvdrUInU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szF350y4M-8

See you ingame!

S!

-Irish
(odonovan1 in WWIIOL)

--------------------

So THERE!  I challenge all players to either place new threads/posts in their other games' forums or add a post to any threads already posted, to get the word out.

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1
4 people like this

Howdy all......( that includes you Xoom )

I played a loooong time ago what has always stuck in my mems is I was on a garbage laptop that had really bad connection but when i could play I was amazed at how many where spawning and how many where playing......ive since came back in 2011......and have returned now.....this is my 2nd account dont remember the name on the first.

Ive met up with the 8th Chaussers....great group....im the oldest in this group at 55 but im lovimg the game and the teamwork.

All id like to see is a updated graphics engine and more newer and more different tanks and gear avaible and maube bring the Russians into the fray first as a Axis then later as ally. Just my thoughts keep this game going guys im here for the long haul now.

1 hour ago, lethalman said:

Howdy all......( that includes you Xoom )

I played a loooong time ago what has always stuck in my mems is I was on a garbage laptop that had really bad connection but when i could play I was amazed at how many where spawning and how many where playing......ive since came back in 2011......and have returned now.....this is my 2nd account dont remember the name on the first.

Ive met up with the 8th Chaussers....great group....im the oldest in this group at 55 but im lovimg the game and the teamwork.

All id like to see is a updated graphics engine and more newer and more different tanks and gear avaible and maube bring the Russians into the fray first as a Axis then later as ally. Just my thoughts keep this game going guys im here for the long haul now.

Glad to have you back S! 

1 hour ago, rusticus said:

hi i'm new too. thanks for invite.

Welcome to the party soldier!

1 hour ago, chapokka said:

thanks for the invite guys see you in the battlefield!

Welcome back trooper!

13 hours ago, XOOM said:

Outstanding Odonovan! That is the way to do it S!

I just told 200 ppl from one main source of younger 20's players the games up and free to play, but be warned its not COD. its hardcore war.

and it was just 1 person linking 200, from steam?

I hope i didn't need posters to do that?

"good, old games never die, in the hearts of many that love what they see. It only takes 1 person to spread the word of many."

anyways it was my merry Christmas tune to everyone... New and old

That's how it starts Brooks, a little bit of effort from many people turns into something huge.

CHA-CHING!!!

I just got another one on the thread on the War of Rights forum.  Since my first post was before the WBS promotion, I did this one as an update.

@brooks123...  *high five*   Nice one!

-Irish

And another...

This one was on the forum of the 352nd Virtual Fighter Group (LINK), the Bluenosed B@stards of Bodney.  They're BIG TIME on realism in combat flying, so I quoted them some of Hatch's comments regarding the historical hard-to-fly nature of the 109, and why that's being kept ingame.  That should give them a bit of an idea of the attention to detail they'd find in this game.  I'm hoping we can get at least one of them to try it out, then to recommend it to the other Bluenosers.

S!

-Irish

p.s.  Come on, gang!  Other than me, only brooks123 has any promos posted.  I have three so far.  Some of you guys can do some too, I know it.

Edited by odonovan1

16 hours ago, piska250 said:

Posted in REddit, although don't really know if someone is going to see it......................

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlegroundeurope/

trying some other webs especialized in Pc games

That Reddit forum is specifically for WWIIOL, so everyone reading probably already knows about WBS.    Good call about the other PC games areas.  If there's one having to do with WWII hobbyists or militaria fans, those might be good ones to hit as well.

-Irish

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:26 PM, odonovan1 said:

Xoom, you said you were challenging folks to show what they're doing to promote the game.  I just put a new thread in the Star Citizen Forums' "Other Games" section.

--------------------

WBS%2012-2016.jpg

From now through January 3rd, all Battleground Europe: World War II Online accounts are upgraded to Premium level.  All old accounts are reactivated.  World War II Online is the only persistent universe (campaigns lasting weeks or months) combined arms MMO.  What you do makes a difference, whether on land, sea, or air.  If you haven't tried it, now is the time.  If you have played, now is the time to come back.

In addition, new upgrades are now in effect.  PPOs (player-placed objects) are now ingame.

Foxholes : Formerly known as "infantry fighting positions" - Player placed individual fortifications
Sandbags:  Stacked sandbags not only provide cover, but block vehicles.
Gun Emplacements:  Larger fortifications - Can hold smaller AA/AT guns
Tank Traps:  The infamous "Czech hedgehog" metal obstacles
Ammo Caches:  Boxes of ammo where players can resupply

In addition, there is a new fortified mobile spawn point as well as an urban mobile spawn point (for use in cities/towns).

WBS_promo_Dec2016.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNM_v6L16Do

And, for your viewing pleasure, from WillyTee Productions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOpvdrUInU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szF350y4M-8

See you ingame!

S!

-Irish
(odonovan1 in WWIIOL)

--------------------

So THERE!  I challenge all players to either place new threads/posts in their other games' forums or add a post to any threads already posted, to get the word out.

-Irish

I posted a link from battle star online so i'm doing my part ( starship troopers :P)  Also I was looking on star citizen but couldn't find it x;

17 hours ago, captcrayon said:

I posted a link from battle star online so i'm doing my part ( starship troopers :P)  Also I was looking on star citizen but couldn't find it x;

Excellent!

My thread on the Star Citizen forum is in "Other Games."  It's on the first page of that forum, so you can't miss it.

>>>LINK<<<

-Irish