goreblimey

Spawn camped warning

12 posts in this topic

Can we implement some form of warning mechanism ie colour coded mission that identifies spawning is camped, probably Mission leader setting?

Right now, they can use their existing tools to maximum effect:

.orders FMS is currently camped! ET to the NW, clear it out!

thanks Xoom,

When does that message become available ? This should be displayed when I am choosing a mission from the active missions screen, then its a solution :)

But you can't see the orders until you spawn in and immediately die.  How about something beforehand?

It is the responsibility of the mission leader to inform you that the FMS is camped. He can place it in the orders. It would be nice to be able to see orders before spawning though, so you can adjust your reservation choice that you spawn with accordingly.

Well once it's spawn camped it's almost better to just close the FMS , even if you clear it you know the guy you just killed and more will be back. 

If it's a spawnable CP , I go in with the full expectation that it is spawn camped. Unless it was just capped . After that I make a judgement call to I try to break out or do I not.

Do I keep feeding the enemy kills or choose to do something less hazardous to my health.

If your ML does not inform you or take down  a FMS after it gets spawn camped take over as a leader and delete it yourself then. 

That's why we have the .takelead tool to our disposal.  Plenty of times where I took over cause the ML dud not mark stuff or shut down a spawn camped MS.

But how often do you look at the orders before you spawn in since most of time nothing is there and we're creatures of habit.

16 hours ago, GrAnit said:

But you can't see the orders until you spawn in and immediately die.  How about something beforehand?

Can't you see the orders in the chat bar? I notice how almost noone reads the orders before they spawn. Perhaps we have a potential gain here by making that more visible?

Orders are only available on the briefing tab before you spawn in. Can't say I ever look there when I am trying to get into action. 

Just move that info to the ready room or on the first active mission page , you could replace the mission type line ith the  current orders if there were any. Should be half a line of code?

This suggestion was made with newbs in mind , but I can't see why the game hides info that is critical in avoiding one of the most irritating aspects of this game, ie spawning into a camped location especially when you've just logged in and are unaware of situation or surrounding terrain.

As an experienced player my skins a bit thicker regarding the crappy mechanics I've grown used to them like having a faceful of warts but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be removed.

Edited by goreblimey
spelling

12 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Orders are only available on the briefing tab before you spawn in. Can't say I ever look there when I am trying to get into action. 

Just move that info to the ready room or on the first active mission page , you could replace the mission type line ith the  current orders if there were any. Should be half a line of code?

This suggestion was made with newbs in mind , but I can't see why the game hides info that is critical in avoiding one of the most irritating aspects of this game, ie spawning into a camped location especially when you've just logged in and are unaware of situation or surrounding terrain.

As an experienced player my skins a bit thicker regarding the crappy mechanics I've grown used to them like having a faceful of warts but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be removed.

Are you sure its not in the chat bar as well?