XOOM

2017 Game Roadmap

55 posts in this topic

The time has come to outline our important mission and objectives for 2017. Happy New Year everyone, we hope you're as prepared as we are to embark on an amazing ride. We made 2016 quite a success by achieving some big goals, and with this year and reinforced team, better tools and workflows, we're going to kick some arse and take some names. To do that, we're going to need your full support ongoing. We hope you enjoy this very informational post that covers the major parts of our plans.

Click here to see the Roadmap: 2017

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scking said:

Looking forward to it.. Upgraded to a Hero account..

Thank you for that, S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top notch info. great presentaion. Looks awesome.

You did mispell kiDD27 in your special thankyou- pseudo-rat section.

ill get over it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viva Italia!

 

*edit*

 

IDK that I'm a fan of map wide supply pool from every AF though. Kinda makes sense for navy due to obscene travel times but for air ... Why this way instead of each AF gets X?

Edited by madrebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id say this is one of the most ambitious and important updates in WW2OL history!!.............here's to the future!

Edited by bmw
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very happy to see that 1.36 is just a small part of what to expect in 2017.  CRS isn't putting all their eggs in one basket.

The move to 64-bit and UDP is fantastic.  Mattwitt and I were just talking about the 32-bit limitations yesterday.  Also looking forward to integrated VOIP.  

I think the move to 1 single supply pool for AF and Navy is potentially brilliant.  It addresses all the concerns that pilots have had about how air supply will function in 1.36.  There's also no issue about having adequate British/French supply in whatever airfield.  

@XOOM Thank you thank you thank you for the squad tools and "HC Options".  Besides their declared functions, these also give you a foundation to build on to add more strategic options as the year moves forward, should you chose to do so.  Maybe not, but at least you now have a system in place just in case.

As a brigade mover, I'm a little disappointed to see the Italians introduced after the removal of movable brigades, but oh well who cares!  It's still a great addition nonetheless (and one that is long overdue)!  I assume you guys want to see a full fledged Italian list so that you can give the Axis the options to make towns either German or Italian controlled, but that might be out of the scope of 2017.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear, the Italians will be embedded into the Germany Army. So they will be selectable via the German INFANTRY units area in the German supply pool, they wouldn't have been their own separate flag (or persona) if you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@capco .... i disagree. the entirety of the global supply being always  available at the nearest AF to the front is a bad thing. flags going away bring behind the lines interdiction back for the ground but this supply choice means there is no behind the lines for the air game. 

 

to resolve this we NEED to be able to bomb and disable airfields ASAP! uninterruptible airquake 24/7 is NOT good for the game.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, madrebel said:

@capco .... i disagree. the entirety of the global supply being always  available at the nearest AF to the front is a bad thing. flags going away bring behind the lines interdiction back for the ground but this supply choice means there is no behind the lines for the air game. 

 

to resolve this we NEED to be able to bomb and disable airfields ASAP! uninterruptible airquake 24/7 is NOT good for the game.

I included "potentially" for this exact reason.  It's essentially a 180 in regards to how supply works on the ground in 1.36.  But its simplicity helps it deal with other issues.  I think if you took a poll in the Hangar most pilots would approve of it.  

 

If it turns into an airquake parade (I personally don't see that being the big issue, but let's say it is) it can be tweaked from there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entirety of global supply? That makes it sound like all of the towns with Air on your whole side is available at one location... which of course it is not.

It also means opposing forces have similar supply, we should expect to see more pilots in the air with supply available, in the case of your above example, protecting supply lines, and with the improved flight model reviews, we're talking double win.

Do also note we'll be making sure supply is managed accordingly and I will be able to (without coders being required) to modify those values as needed.

Let's try not to hijack this post though, k? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@capco - functionally nothing is changing for the air. right now the nearest AF has all the flags with supply so the only thing changing is there won't be any flags. 

 

this is bad for gameplay. the air needs to be able to disable opposition airfields to push the point of presence back. we basically couldn't do this via attrition with flags because flags would just get cycled. we won't be able to do it post flags because there just won't be enough pilots to chew through the entire global supply.

 

this means no matter what the individual does, the individual cannot influence the air war - even groups of individuals can't do anything.

 

if airfields become targets for bombing now individuals can do something to change the battle field. without this it's just find the nearest AF and spawn away. if you die, no big deal bro you've got a short ride and global supply close by. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, XOOM said:

Entirety of global supply? That makes it sound like all of the towns with Air on your whole side is available at one location... which of course it is not.

It also means opposing forces have similar supply, we should expect to see more pilots in the air with supply available, in the case of your above example, protecting supply lines, and with the improved flight model reviews, we're talking double win.

Do also note we'll be making sure supply is managed accordingly and I will be able to (without coders being required) to modify those values as needed.

Let's try not to hijack this post though, k? :)

It sounded like each AF will have the same list and all pull from a global pool. feel free to clarify.

 

Quote
  1. All Air Fields will have AF and Paratrooper supply across the entire game world.

 

So, does this mean

1) each af on the map has X planes and paratroopers? meaning each AF will have 40 fighters, 400 paratroops etc and when you spawn a fighter then the individual AF goes from 40 fighters to 39?

2) each AF is pulling from a single list. So lets say the global is 400 fighters and 4000 para units. now when you spawn a fighter from antwerp you decrease the global 400 fighters to 399 and that global list decreases by 1 regardless of the AF you spawn from?

Edited by madrebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each airfield will have what ever supply number we have set. Imagine each airfield being a "flag." We can determine the numbers however we wish.

But they are independent of each other and associated with the town itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent News!  In a effort to keep pushing forward I have just upgraded my son (Mustang) and nephew (Mustangjr) to Hero Builders.  They are both 17 year olds who love the game and are so excited about the upcoming changes.  They are CSGO, Squad, Dayz, Star Citizen players, but love this game, just wish it was more "updated".  This news has them stoked!

Keep up the good work!

Rolltide.........OUT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that the flight models are being looked into :) does this finally mean that we can fly with a mouse and not fall out of the sky because we took a turn a little to hard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHHH - ok. cool, yeah i mean i would understand the why if it were the 'global' approach. for the record i dont care on the how what i care about is the gameplay. without the ability to knock out AFs then a global list would really suck - IMO. Each AF being it's own flag IMO is fine as long as the numbers aren't crazy high. 

 

still wish we had vulnerable AFs though for two reasons. 

 

1) interdiction combat air patrols used to create great gameplay - IMO. 

2) FRUs being a enw target for bombers is a great thing for gameplay. More of these types of targets IMO can only be a positive. to me, AFs have always been a logical choice for these types of targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rolltide said:

Excellent News!  In a effort to keep pushing forward I have just upgraded my son (Mustang) and nephew (Mustangjr) to Hero Builders.  They are both 17 year olds who love the game and are so excited about the upcoming changes.  They are CSGO, Squad, Dayz, Star Citizen players, but love this game, just wish it was more "updated".  This news has them stoked!

Keep up the good work!

Rolltide.........OUT!

That's above and beyond the call of duty, thanks so much @rolltide, that tells us you guys really support us, and that means a lot. S!

4 minutes ago, captcrayon said:

I love that the flight models are being looked into :) does this finally mean that we can fly with a mouse and not fall out of the sky because we took a turn a little to hard?

Do we need to get a GoFundCaptcrayon's Joystick initiative going? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XOOM said:

That's above and beyond the call of duty, thanks so much @rolltide, that tells us you guys really support us, and that means a lot. S!

Do we need to get a GoFundCaptcrayon's Joystick initiative going? :D

lol! nice XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all at cornered rats for all your hard work for trying to make this dream happen, I truly can't wait to see what this game is going to be like with steam :)  to be able to hold 4,000 + is absolutely epic beyond belief!  The battles are going to be massive, a whole different scale then what it is now!  Totally wicked! can't wait woohoo :D!  Thank you all!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cookie420 If you and others decided to subscribe, we would have enough resources to have full time staff.

To answer your question more effectively, a volunteer character artist prepared this work in progress render, got a job and had to leave, we couldn't complete it or the other uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, XOOM said:

@cookie420 If you and others decided to subscribe, we would have enough resources to have full time staff.

To answer your question more effectively, a volunteer character artist prepared this work in progress render, got a job and had to leave, we couldn't complete it or the other uniforms.

Oh from my understanding, my family has already given your company several thousand dollars about ten or more years ago (when I was tiny) along side several other notable members to which some guy at this company ran off with the rest of the money or something like that?? I dunno but I'm a bit reserved about forking out 18$ a month.. but I remembered playing this when I was little so I come back to check it out now and again and tbh i'm totally thinking about a starter account because I caught the truckin' bug again over the WBS thing. =p

 

but anyways have you thought about more semi open community development since you're apparently cash strapped?? especially once deployed on steam later this year as you're projecting?

I mean if the facepunch community can spit out futunari overwatch characters via 3Dmaya within 38 minutes of the game's official release just to make people laugh, i'm sure a few of them could chew out needed models for you guys in the span of an hour in any manner you would like for stuff like free play, name-in-ur-game or just in game booty... I'd totally code monkey for that.

 

Also, Has anyone ever told you that you look exactly like Clint from Lazy Game Reviews?

maxresdefault-696x385.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i am glad those uniform changes never happened--- this is a game of front line battle troops-- they don't dress that way.

I remember when i first started playing we just to have generals with guns running around- hated it--  i prefer the current artwork- it looks more realistic.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.